UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 37 Spidey/lizard, profx/warpath, thing/doombot

I have it on good authority that the Thing minimate shown in the Wave 37 picture is not the final minimate we'll be getting. They've tweaked it a little and here is a pic of the final product that will be released:

post-2001-1276907085_thumb.jpg

It's the most realistic block figure ever! <_<

Edited by Chazwinski

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone genuinely think that regular Thing looks good? That's got to be the most butt-ugly Minimate I've seen. . .possibly ever. Sculpted parts or no.

ME!

I do, if you gave me the choice between this thing and a classic Thing minimate: This one

if you gave me the choice between this thing and one of the same bulk but with no texture: this one

incidentally, what I like least about it is the unsculpted parts, I hope they fix his untextured face. (Although to be fair, as much as I like the sculpted body, I hate sculpted faces, I think the head shape, as well as the cylinder arms and sqared off lefs works as a carry over design point, Kilowog and 4-arm GL who's name escapes me annoy me with their non-minimate heads)

I like the texture, I like the bulk, If this was a Hulk I'd buy a crapton for custom fodder since I LIKE minimates with different scales. Maybe it makes this Thing not a "block figure" but I don't buy minimates because they're "block figures", I think they look TERRIBLE when mixed with Lego sets (not so much those Mega-Bloks with the mostly prefab pieces though, those match minimates in the 'lego pegs for function, sculpting for ascetics' vibe), I buy them because they're fun little versions of characters I enjoy and I like a nice Thing figure with rocky texture. If it ends up the way it looks like it's ending up, this is gonna be awesome!

Concerning Luke's Toy Store... how's shipping compare with BBTS?

BBTS is UPS at UPS rates. LTS is USPS at USPS rates. Luke's is cheaper and if you spend over $80 S&H is free. He doesn't do a Pile of Loot option, but if you work with him he'll do something like that.

That's not a nose on Warpath, it's his mask.

Yep, same as on X-23. That's not a nose on Lizard either, it's just the curve of his snout. On the Doom-thingy though, I agree a nose may have snuck in there...

:lol: nose..snout..nose...snout .....here's me thinking they were similar if not the same ,my bad ;)

Holy crap- I had a lot of catching up to do on this thread! I'm probably one of the biggest Fantastic Four fans on here and also one of the biggest Minimate purists who want to keep them as block figures with fewer sculpted parts, so I'm torn on the Thing. I like the bulk, but it just doesn't lool like a Minimate to me. I agree that the first Thing made was the best. I have about four of him including one that hangs out on my PC at work. Professor X and Lizard are the only other two I'm really feeling, so I'll have plenty of trade bait.

Now that I'm caught up, I'm off to Luke's (via MMMV ad of course) to preorder!

That's not a nose on Warpath, it's his mask.

Yep, same as on X-23. That's not a nose on Lizard either, it's just the curve of his snout. On the Doom-thingy though, I agree a nose may have snuck in there...

:lol: nose..snout..nose...snout .....here's me thinking they were similar if not the same ,my bad ;)

They're not. Just ask any Furry. *shudder*

I'm still... I want to see more. I can't decide if these are great or not. I Know I want to see Thing mixed with the older release Things. I'm curious to see what they'll do with Lizard. Over all, I'm just interested, pensively hopeful, but reserving 100% judgment.

these look good.

Does anyone genuinely think that regular Thing looks good? That's got to be the most butt-ugly Minimate I've seen. . .possibly ever. Sculpted parts or no.

i have been repeatedly scrolling through this thread, trying to find the people that actually acknowledge that that Thing thing is most definitely hideous.

But, see, The Thing is supposed to be hideous. He's an ugly monstrosity rejected by our superficial society. So DST is being true to the Marvel universe by creating a 'Mate we reject based on appearance.

:P

I'm still holding hope that, once in my hands, he can be easily configured into a form that appeals to my aesthetics.

Love it or hate it, there is one "thing" we can agree on, thank god our addiction doesn't look like this! :

ateamd.jpg

I saw these at TRU last night when on a Minimate Hunt. That is SUPPOSED to be Liam Neeson from A-Team, it was so bad I had to take a picture with my cell. He looks like a mentally deranged Al Bundy.

Edited by youbastards

Early pictures of the Borders Minimate Exclusive WW2 Thing illustrates where all these add-ons might lead...........post-638-1276967901_thumb.jpg

OMG lol. That thing is so creepy it's going to give me nightmares. It's like a What-If Thing bred with a Giraffe. gah.

Not a big fan of Fantastic Four,

but I'm definitely looking forward to Lizard and Professor X. Oh and probably Spiderman too, but not sure on the look of the "harness". That's about it for this wave. Guess I'll buy them loose.

Edited by Chronotrigger

Early pictures of the Borders Minimate Exclusive WW2 Thing illustrates where all these add-ons might lead...........post-638-1276967901_thumb.jpg

Ew. It looks like Thing and Geoffrey the Giraffe (the TRU mascot) fell in love and had Reed splice their genes so that they could have a love child. I guess this cements the marriage of TRU and Marvel Minimates.

Edited by Chazwinski

I'm curious: BBTS shows the wave as due in November, while Luke's shows it coming in September. Luke, can you give us any insight into this disparity?

Either way, it looks like it will be the last wave this year...

Edited by Lobsterman

Either way, it looks like it will be the last wave this year...

How come? I was assuming there'd be a 38 released around the same time, like most waves. And I think we've had two double-wave releases be only a month apart before, so if this is out in September they could potentially squeeze something into Nov/Dec. If there is anything else in the works, I imagine it'll be at SDCC.

Edited by battlecat

Can anyone explain to me who would pay this for a pre-order???

Wow, this is my first visit to Toywiz.com. Does Bizarro make their prices? They have Iron Man 2 toys on "clearance" for TRU retail?!?!

They have always been on crack, I kid you not.