UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 37 Spidey/lizard, profx/warpath, thing/doombot

I like the Lizard the best and oddly enough, not having a sculpted head doesn't bother me... probably for the same reason the Killer Croc minimate's head or Penguin's lack of a nose didn't bother me. This is the only must-have in the wave for me.

I was disappointed in Professor X not having a safari jacket.

Warpath was what I expected.

The Spider-man is a decent addition for Spidey fans, but I'd be more interested in a Spiral.

Doombot and Thing do not interest me at all.

grab a BSG figure and use their green jump suit...there you go that one was for free :)

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-That servitor gaurd is top notch, just like the comics! I guess I'll have to find a use for the Sentinels I bought and have been using in this capacity.
I will VERY happily buy/trade any extras from you :)

EDIT: Dang! Tenime beat me too it :P

Edited by Nessex

-That servitor gaurd is top notch, just like the comics! I guess I'll have to find a use for the Sentinels I bought and have been using in this capacity.
I will VERY happily buy/trade any extras from you :)

And if Nessex doesn't take them all, I could use one more to make an even 20 Sentinels (yeah, that ought to make some people mad...).

The only thing bad about army building is that they just keep putting them out (and they look so cool). Does anyone else look at the Servo Guard and think that Machine Man can't be too far behind?

these look good.

Does anyone genuinely think that regular Thing looks good? That's got to be the most butt-ugly Minimate I've seen. . .possibly ever. Sculpted parts or no.

i have been repeatedly scrolling through this thread, trying to find the people that actually acknowledge that that Thing thing is most definitely hideous. It looks even more out of proportion than a mate with no added parts... i can only imagine/hope the final product will look v.different. Those add ons are fine for the likes of Hulkbuster or I.Monger, as they are great big machines.

it looks like a blind fellow pissing around with sculpting stuff for the first time

Overall, I'm pretty pumped for this wave!

Things looks fantastic. He's going to round out my custom Fantastic Four mates perfectly.

Doombot is meh.

Warpath looks great.

Prof X. is ok. I was hoping for a blue suit or a jump suit. The chair came out really well though.

Lizard looks great.

6 Arm Spider-Man was a welcome surprise.

Those add ons are fine for the likes of Hulkbuster or I.Monger, as they are great big machines.

Sure for Iron Monger and Hulk Buster... but for a rock monster? Preposterous!

i think thats supposed to be sarcastic... the Thing is still humanoid, as opposed to a 15' suit of armour, covered in extra parts, wires, etc.

series37scaled600.jpg

The more I look at the Thing the more confused I get. I accept that his face is going to be scaly in the production version (must be surely?) & I accept that DST are trying their darnedest with the add-on biceps & triceps etc. They're trying to pump him up to compete with the other duck-feet ,big crotch.power-house chested Minimates & their ilk & I'm not sure if it's too much too late? I've finally noticed his hands have fingers whilst The Lizard has standard hands ....as do the others .....I've also noticed the noses on the 'bot ,Warpath & The Lizard. I didn't notice any 'tampering' with the Sentinels a few waves back & most everybody seemed to love them ....funny ol' world?

I'm not sure which camp I sleep in at the moment but these sure are some weird Minimates.

DST made the "damaged/half arm" for one of T2 releases, so it's possible that they could do a similar alternate arm piece to make Dr. Connors. But if that were the case, I think they would have made human Connors the standard head with a Lizard slipover mask.... but they didn't... so we aren't getting that. <_<

And after looking at that picture again, I realized that what Prof. X really needs to go with that facial expression is a Mini-toilet. That dude's secondary mutation must be super constipation.

Hello. I'm Charles Xavier. You might know me as the head of the Westminster School For Gifted Students or even as the world's leading authority on mutant studies. But today, I'm here to announce my endorsement of the classic laxative, newly renamed for the next generation: X-Lax...

Hello. I'm Charles Xavier. You might know me as the head of the WestCHESTER School For Gifted Students...

;)

Didn't you know-he transferred...

And after passing it this morning, I enrolled him in my school and he will have his own monthly series starting next month...

The only thing about Professor X that bugs me is his face. Looking at the other 90s X-Men Minimates we got, you can still see a hint of Jim Lee's work in their faces. Professor X here shows no hints of that, he resembles more of a customizer's created face to me.

Better than the last Xavier face, where his eyes are on his forehead so he'll be able to see out of the Cerebro helmet :down:

That's not a nose on Warpath, it's his mask.

Yep, same as on X-23. That's not a nose on Lizard either, it's just the curve of his snout. On the Doom-thingy though, I agree a nose may have snuck in there...

Edited by battlecat

Those add ons are fine for the likes of Hulkbuster or I.Monger, as they are great big machines.

Sure for Iron Monger and Hulk Buster... but for a rock monster? Preposterous!

i think thats supposed to be sarcastic... the Thing is still humanoid, as opposed to a 15' suit of armour, covered in extra parts, wires, etc.

Every time the Hulk fights the Thing they are drawn the same size. When Hulk fights the Hulkbuster they are drawn the same size. I may be drawing conclusions here but...

Figured I'd weigh in...

Most of what I've read seems to indicate the the Thing's arms and legs, as we see them in the pic, are large sculpted arms and legs. For the legs, it's obvious those are "slip-over" pieces. When I look closely at the crook of the elbo on the left arm, it appears that the arm pieces are "slip-overs", also... just ones that look like they're sculpted to fit well together.

Has this been confirmed? Are we really looking at a basic mate body, completely covered with sculpted pieces, or is this in fact larger sculpted arm pieces?