UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 37 Spidey/lizard, profx/warpath, thing/doombot

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it does conjour thoughts of the original Nighthawk costume from Squadron Supreme, now that was a beak :)

It made me think of Owlman (Crime Syndicate Batman, not the guy from Watchman)

So I think it's safe to say of this piece "terrible Wolverine mask, pretty decent faux-Batman mask"

i just don't understand why they'd sculpt a nose onto the mask of a character from a series that is characterised by not having noses :blink:

My guess would be it's for the same reason that they're adding rounded chest, arm & leg pieces (ala wave 37's Thing) to a character in a series that was mainly characterized by a simple/sleek block look.

It reminds me a bit of the very sculpted feel of Nova's helmet...

• 1 month later...
Any other gossip to dish out TTF?

Just a few general things :P

Sony was kept a secret, but as we all know, Cuck remains adamant that they aren't a video game company. He went in-depth in the process and how complicated video game toys are, and i can see why they've stayed away. No news as to why or why not on God of War.

Mummy and Invisible Man probably after Dracula and Frankenstein, but this depends entirely on Drac and Frank's sales.

Magik's base was either not going to be, or not brought up until i mentioned using it, for Nightcrawler. Most likely won't be.

Some Dad and his son walked up, asking if these were Superhero Squad and i these were Legos. Chuck and i sorta sighed. ;)

Boxsets that require more than 4, but not like 2 sets or anything, will finish out in TRU sets.

Meggan look AMAZING, but the entire case is so close to the wall/square border that any pics were really hard to take.

Also, bring Chuck cookies, get a Battle Beast. :lol: He was BEYOND generous and gave me two; thanks SO much for that Chuck, i felt a little bad about it. Also, after the Build-a-mate, you got a choice of promos: Red Dress Six, Unification Spock, or the SDCC Translucent series. I picked Six. :)

Chuck is a really great, approachable guy; i wouldn't want anyone else in charge of our little Mates. :)

I concure -thank you for the info T.T.F.

Thanks for the news, TTF.

so no word on marvel continuing past wave 37. I'm not worried about the comic book store waves, just wondering when we can see wave 38. :)

Yeah, with all of the awesome boxsets and TRU waves, wave 38 has some high expectations to live up to. Hopefully it won't disappoint.

Thanks for the news TTF. I'm glad that we will get Fantomex someday, probably in a TRU two-pack in 2011.

Well, i didn't say it so I can't be shot, but Boyd hit it right on the nail. :P I wasn't sure if Chuck was joking or not, but he mentioned something like Wave 13.

You're all very welcome guys. :lol: Also, they all had these neat little shirts with a Universal Monster design on the "heart" if you will, with their names below and a picture of the poster on their backs. VERY nice looking, if they were ever to market them. Each had a different Monster.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

It'd be good to see more 'Complete's the box-set' figures released in the LCS waves too as it would

a) help reduce the waiting between a box-set and the TRU 2-packs that complete it (when are we gonna see the remaining AoA characters? 2, 3, 4 months from now?)

and B) help keep the LCS waves sales strong and make them feel like they were less in competition with TRU and the other exclusives markets.

• 4 weeks later...