UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 37 Spidey/lizard, profx/warpath, thing/doombot

Marvel Minimates Series 37 2-Packs

A Diamond Select Release! Art Asylum Designs & Sculpts! Diamond Select continues the longest running collector line in toy history! After 36 series of Marvel Minimates you might be wondering who is left! How about the always popular Spider-Man paired with the long awaited Minimates debut of the classic villain The Lizard?! Then, get ready for two eagerly awaited mutants: ’90s-era Professor Xavier and X-Force’s own Warpath, both rounding out previously released sets! Plus, the ever-lovin’ blue eyed Thing is paired with a Doombot army-builder to finish out this exciting wave! And be sure to be on the lookout for the specialty market exclusive two-pack featuring The Thing in his trench coat disguise along with a Doombot! Each Minimate stands 2.5” tall with 14 points of articulation and a variety of removable and interchangeable parts and accessories.

SRP 8.99!!!

I'm in for Proffesor X and Warpath, but look price keeps creeping up.

Edited by luckycreature

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NIce line up with this wave, kinda funny to see that this hasnt been run past the proof readers as it lists them as 2.5 inches not 2 lol

cant wait to see the pics that go with them, Prof has gotta have his hover chair!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Looks like this was just posted on the AA blog (no picture yet). I think this is an awesome line-up! Doombots have been in my top 5 most wanted army builders ever since we first saw the AIM agents. And a new Thing probably means a full FF team within the next few waves / TRU releases. Trench Coat Thing is a perfect variant - a well known alternate costume instead of a new character. Lizard and 90's Professor X are just icing on the cake. :)

OK, yeah, I see the source. Have to say, I'm actually excited for this wave. Kinda. Mostly because of The Lizard. The others I could really care less. Maybe I'll get Xavier, but I'm definately going for Lizard.

Sounds OK. I'm curious to see the updated Thing, and Lizard sounds great, anyway. Warpath sounds D-U-L-L, but I guess it will be nice for those who couldn't get the other version released at TRU.

Cool wave, look forward to the pics to see if Chuck has his hoverchair, whether we're getting modern or re-released classic Warpath, and what type of doombot it is.

Hopefully Spidey has some feature to warrant a purchase. Maybe all of the red paint matching up this time?

I was assuming Warpath was the sole, remaining member of X-Force not released (in that costume). But I googled it, and it looks like there are a number of other members. 1990s X-Force version would be preferable to me (because a character in updated Thunderbird getup could be very cool looking), but that team only has, I think, one member released thus far in Cable. Must have been another example of a hastily thrown together description.

Is there some other "set" that Warpath could round out?

Weren't we just derailing some other thread talking about how there's been no news announced lately? :)

Looks like a great line-up - good diversity and some popular characters there. Professor X has to be in his 90's hoverchair to work with all the other 90's X-Men that have come out lately. Be interesting to see if we get a new F4 split up over multiple waves / TRU exclusives.

Bring on the pics!

Is there some other "set" that Warpath could round out?

Maybe we'll see an X-Force set or more characters down the line?

As far as I know, there are three versions of him. The original 90's X-Force version, the "modern" version released in TRU wave 4, and the "modern" X-Force one in black and silver. However, he wouldn't be completing that team, as Wolfsbane is the fourth official team member.

Well, I know that Warpath's outfit from his early X-Men appearances were slightly different from the late New Mutants/X-Force appearance:

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/uncanny-x-men/193-2.jpg

http://semantink.com/wordpress/wp-content/...9/o_xforce1.jpg

And I think he might have first looked something like this:

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/new-mutants/16-1.jpg

Lord, I hope we never get Hellion army builders :yucky:

Edited by karamazov80

this is a great line up can not wait

I'm happy a new Xavier is coming out. I almost pulled the trigger on one the other day. I'm probably the only one interested in this Spider-man, as I don't yet have one. He's probably the only "A-list" character I don't have.

i have to say i am slightly dissatisfied with this wave dont get me wrong doombots and lizard men are awsome but do we really need another warpath because we have one and that one can be qc into a new x-force version

It says Warpath will round out previously released sets...since we have X-force Wolverine and X-23, I'd think this Warpath will be black and silver also. So, it's a recolor of the TRU Warpath.

I'm really looking forward to Lizard, but the rest of this wave isn't too exciting. Prof X could be OK. I've already got 4-5 Things, and Doombot will have to be pretty different from Dr Doom for me to like it.

Yeah, I'll probably still buy the whole wave though.

Maybe I am harping too much on a technicality, but I still fail to see how a modern X-Force Warpath rounds out any previous sets here.

I don't think either version of Warpath rounds out a set. If you go with the classic version, he pairs with Cable which doesn't round out anything, and if you go with modern, he goes with Wolverine & X-23, but still doesn't round out anything.

Of course, 90s Xavier also doesn't round out the 90s X-Men, since we still lack Jubilee (and probably others, like Bishop)

Xavier could at least round out the "Blue Team," though. Also, it could be another "classic" Xavier to round out the First Appearance X-Men team.

I am sure that I'm in the minority, but I would strongly prefer an updated traditional Xavier over that hideous safari jacket wearing eyesore in the gold bumper boat.