UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 2

dj87

..... and I could relate to this younger version. (He tells Pete that he was in collage 10 years ago) ........

I tried collage for a year or two , I thought "if it's OK for Nick Fury it's OK for me" but to be honest sticking bits of old newspapers & magazines onto another sheet of paper seemed a bit ...I dunno ...well...a bit 'girly' for my liking. Nick obviously ain't the man he once was but nope I'm still not arguing with him.

Also: I was actually staggered when I realised Samuel L. Jackson is 7 years older than me !

Edited by buttheadsmate

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got back from seeing it,I think its a good movie.But something that confused me was the ending BEFORE THE CREDITS when

Nick fury tells Tony that he is unsuitable to wear the iron man armor and then Tony agrees as long as he gets a medal?I do not read avenger comics that much,But I am pretty sure tony stark wears the iron man armor

Got back from seeing it,I think its a good movie.But something that confused me was the ending BEFORE THE CREDITS when

Nick fury tells Tony that he is unsuitable to wear the iron man armor and then Tony agrees as long as he gets a medal?I do not read avenger comics that much,But I am pretty sure tony stark wears the iron man armor

There have been times when others have worn the armor, including Rhodey. I took the whole scene, along with Stark's "You can't afford me" comment to just be establishing points should they not get RD lined up for the Avengers movie.

There have been times when others have worn the armor, including Rhodey. I took the whole scene, along with Stark's "You can't afford me" comment to just be establishing points should they not get RD lined up for the Avengers movie.

When you say RD do you mean robert downey JR,Sorry if that sounds stupid for me its 11:45 PM and I am really tired

I saw it and loved it. I mostly just want to be entertained and I most certainly was. I LOVED the Black Widow stuff at the end (in fact I think that scene qualifies her as the best movie female super hero in all of ever!) and the final battle was GREAT too!

Saw it friday, loved it. A great follow up to the first one. I also loved the scenery of the final battle. However I learned that I can not watch a film without hating most of the audience. In front of me: 2 girls, when I first get there they are talking about some boring crap, but about midway through the film they decide to eat some fancy cheese that smells horrible. They also start drinking wine. Why you would eat wine & cheese while watching iron man 2 baffles me to no end. After the credits they are confused by Thor's Hammer, until a nice young man tells them what it is, to which they respond with "Oh! Another villain!". I wanted to kill them after that. The people behind me: All of them knew each other and would constantly talk. It was incredibly annoying, this didn't interfere with the film that much, though.

Saw it friday, loved it. A great follow up to the first one. I also loved the scenery of the final battle. However I learned that I can not watch a film without hating most of the audience. In front of me: 2 girls, when I first get there they are talking about some boring crap, but about midway through the film they decide to eat some fancy cheese that smells horrible. They also start drinking wine. Why you would eat wine & cheese while watching iron man 2 baffles me to no end. After the credits they are confused by Thor's Hammer, until a nice young man tells them what it is, to which they respond with "Oh! Another villain!". I wanted to kill them after that. The people behind me: All of them knew each other and would constantly talk. It was incredibly annoying, this didn't interfere with the film that much, though.

I feel for you but in the last 10 years I have only watched a handful of movies with the general public. Private screenings are one of the few benefits of running a movie theater and one of your best friends running it when you leave.

^- This was my experience at the midnight IMAX show I went to. 2 girls were close to the screen and were wearing Iron Man chest toys that light up, they flipped them on 5 minutes into the movie and someone yelled "Turn those *&^%ing lights off."

Then, the row behind me had this college age guy that kept yelling things at the screen, or reading text out loud that was on the screen. This happened every 10-15 minutes through the entire movie. Keep in mind that IMAX sound is LOUD, and he was actually talking OVER the movie...

My wife and I have our first baby (a little girl we're naming Ripley) coming in August, so we knew this would probably be one of the last few movies we get to see in the theatre before then (we only go a few times a year at most), but after that experience and paying almost $50 for 2 Imax tickets and sharing popcorn and a drink, I think it may be one of the last movies we go to on opening night. :(

A few weeks ago, a friend and I left work a little early on a Wednesday to catch a 4:20pm Clash of the Titans, the movie sucked but we were the only 2 people in the theatre! Now that is how to see a movie!!!

When I went to see the movie on August 30/May 1 (I forgot), there was a guy around the front and around the end of the movie

when Tony kisses Pepper

he was shouting stuff like

"hump her!"

I really wanted to just tell them to shut up until someone else kindly said it for me. <_<

look out for the bit at the race track where Vanko is

being dragged away

he has no legs

He has legs they're just bent at the knee under him if you watch it again you see his right leg flip sideways and forward. What happened is they grabbed him from a kneeling position and slid him on his knees backwards if you could imagine it would be hard to get your legs to go forward from this position without standing up or leaning to one side for one leg and than the other. At least that's what I think was going on there I could be wrong I'm going to watch it again just to be sure !

:geek:

look out for the bit at the race track where Vanko is

being dragged away

he has no legs

He has legs they're just bent at the knee under him if you watch it again you see his right leg flip sideways and forward. What happened is they grabbed him from a kneeling position and slid him on his knees backwards if you could imagine it would be hard to get your legs to go forward from this position without standing up or leaning to one side for one leg and than the other. At least that's what I think was going on there I could be wrong I'm going to watch it again just to be sure !

:geek:

so they dragged him along on his knees? sounds painful. well... i do intend to have another watch some time this week, will definitely be looking out! i do know three or four people have mentioned his lack of legs whilst discussing the film, without me having mentioned it before hand.

EDIT - you're pretty much right, his left leg is sort of tucked under him, and a v. peculiar angle, whilst his right, in pointed straight at the camera, giving it the appearance that it is v.v.short... to the point of being a tiny stump with a foot on the end!

Edited by bobafett

Yeah - i actually thought Ivan was

was being dragged away without lower legs as well. I wasn't sure if he had been wearing prosthetics that had come loose in the battle, or if he had lost them due to the car being rammed into him. But there was no mention of it again in the film, so i assumed i was mistaken.

Still - good fun. I thought the final battle could have waged on a little longer, but was still pretty satisfied.

I really enjoyed this film! It was certainly in a different tone than the first, but was a welcomed change and really seemed like a great transition to the Avengers. The fights seemed rather short and secondary, but there were a lot of great character moments that made the length worth sitting through.

I don't do the Dr Pepper cans but I do get the lenticular 7-11 slurpee cups and all my 7-11s are out of them every time I go and then they went and closed the one closest to me!

I have to say that I was dissappointed at several things that were in the trailers but not in the movie! I HATE it when they do that.

Like Tony jumping out of plane saying, "You complete me" or Natalie using the gauntlet that is actually part of the C2E2 set.

Is anyone else having a heck of a time finding all 18 Diet Dr. Pepper cans? I can I find is the standard Tony and one Pepper (hah!).

On vacation I picked up the one with the big IM face on it (think it's number 1) whilst I was picking up my usual 6 cans of Mountain Dew to take back to the UK.

It looks like Predator blood, but I do love me some Mountain Dew.... :biggrin:

I have to say that I was dissappointed at several things that were in the trailers but not in the movie! I HATE it when they do that.

Like Tony jumping out of plane saying, "You complete me" or Natalie using the gauntlet that is actually part of the C2E2 set.

Here's a post about why they weren't included.

And I have to say,

Happy's "declaration of love" for Pepper

surprised me a bit, partly because it was cut, and partly because it got shot in the first place :ohmy:

Does anyone else think that the Director's cut for this movie is going to be huge?

I'm not expecting a director's cut for IM2. Instead, I do expect a lot of deleted scenes. In a radio interview way back promoting the first movie, Jon Favreau essentially said that he prefers not to have a director's cut. He just believes he has said what he wanted to say in the original cut. I just remember this because the same station was playing the full interview a day or two before the release of IM2 and I caught this part.

A post about IM2 Easter eggs

This was actually written by a friend of mine, so I'm not sure how thorough all these are. I was really impressed at some of these though, like

- the "definitive" planted evidence about

Iron Man 2 occurring before The Incredible Hulk

- the tiny nods to

not only Thor, but also Wakanda and

Union Jack

- the bit of speculation about

Nick Fury's age

All in all, sweet!