UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

THOR movie

Mattallica

To lengthen my thoughts, I really hope he doesn't wear the classic suit until the end battle. He should start wearing just a basic Asgardian outfit (similar to a casual Thor suit) until he is sent to Earth. Then human clothes until he returns as the God of Thunder. Then, for the final battle I hope he suits up, Helmet and all!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well allow me to say "Nice!"

The guy almost looks like Jeff Bridges with blonde hair.

I'll have to see how he acts in it, but I'm impressed by the look iteslf. Kinda like blending Ultimate Thor head with Thor Reborn body. Freakin cool I have to say.

The guy from the old Hulk episode, I guess. Doesn't really matter to me. Thor is important, but much less important than Cap in the Marvel pantheon, IMO. But they cast Johnny Storm as Cap, and expect him to lead a team with Kirk's dad, Robert Downey Jr., possibly Ed Norton and guy from Hurt Locker? Hard to imagine. Hoping to be proved wrong.

• 1 month later...

Cool to see footage. The main guy really has a look of Ultimate Thor to me.

Impressions from the footage...1 shot of costume but cant really see much, Odin looks OK, Not impressed with Thor fighting in t-shirt and jeans. I just hope that its not like that all the way through movie with costume reveal at end cause that would suck majorly.

So, that's Kirk's dad in Star Trek? He was good in the 5 minutes or so that he was in that movie.

He probably should have been Captain America.

But then who would be Thor?

Yaknow, upon thinking about that, I'd like to see Kirk himself, Chris Pine, as Cap. He has the attitude and the charisma to be a great leader of men. Buuuuuuuuut he's going to be filming Star Trek 2 at that time and honestly I think that's gonna be better.

Cool to see footage. The main guy really has a look of Ultimate Thor to me.

Impressions from the footage...1 shot of costume but cant really see much, Odin looks OK, Not impressed with Thor fighting in t-shirt and jeans. I just hope that its not like that all the way through movie with costume reveal at end cause that would suck majorly.

I think that it will be costume at the beginning, cast out of Asgard with accompanying loss of hammer, jeans and tshirt until hammer is recovered, and costume at the end.

I think you are gonna be right about that. Star Trek was probably the best movie I saw in the last year. Better than Hurt Locker and Inglorious Basterds.

I think that Star Trek is an easier watch but not a better movie than Hurt Locker.

I'll put it this way--I think Star Trek did what it was supposed to do better than Hurt Locker did what it was supposed to do. Don't get me wrong, I thought it was an amazing film. The tension it created was really unparalleled. But it started to lose some of its realism toward the end (the apparent realism was a big component of what made the movie good), and lost a bit of its focus. Star Trek was so well constructed as an action/sci-fi movie. Not many flaws that I could pick out. Hurt Locker had the better individual performance, but if you wanted to look at movies based on that criteria, Hans Landa in Basterds blew everyone else away, IMO. That was last year's Daniel Plainview-type masterpiece performance.

All 3 were really great films.

anyway... that was fantastic to watch, the size of Chris!

as far as i'm concerned, Kenneth Branagh can do no wrong, and i've never had an ounce of doubt that this won't be an incredible film, having no previous interest in Thor comics.

• 1 month later...

And now presenting, right there in the background, the one and only God of Mischief LOKI!!! Oh and Odin too. And Thor holding the hammer... But mostly Loki.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomple...el-studios.html

He... looks kinda like... Ozymandias... Mostly in the way he's carrying himself. It's... kinda weird I think... But whatever works.

post-1316-1279571879_thumb.jpg

Here we have the illustrious hall of Asgard where it looks like

Thor is standing trial for whatever gets him kicked out of Asgard.

Notice we get the first glimpse of Loki's helmet and Odin's. Loki is on the left side. I think that helmet, what's visible of it, looks positively perfect.

Oh and check out the Ravens. Didn't notice them. Lots going on in this picture. Aparantly the other uys are Hogun and Fandral.

Edited by Trekker 42

Anybody wondering if Thor was going to be wearing a helmet for his big screen debut? Wonder no more.

Check out these bad boys!

The 3 helmet were unveiled at Comic-Con today and are the actual props worn by the actors. I was so worried that he (Thor) was not going to wear his trademark helmet. A big sigh of relief.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Looks like Thor may ahve to deal with some cosmic enemies in his movie...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/110/1108431p1.html

:jawdrop:

Fingers crossed for the Rocket Racoon :D

I saw this as well and am totally shocked. Will it be used by Loki? Is it forshadowing to the real meanace in the Avengers? Answears! Answears! Answears! Where the hell are the answears?

Wasn't there once a storyline where Loki created a seventh, gold gem called "Ego"? Perhaps there's some reference to that and/or Loki has played with the gauntlet a few times.

However I will be honest when I say I'd rather they'd shown Herc's mace. The Incredible Hercules was, IMO, one of Mavel's best series and has given me a new found level of respect for the character. I'd love to see him on the silver screen and if you ask me, there's no better way then via a Thor film, perhaps starting off with them fighting then putting their differences aside and becoming the "Ryu/Ken" of Marvel.

Not that the Infinity Gauntlet isn't awesome, but as a Herc fan I'm crossing my fingers he'll pop up in a future Thor movie.

Edited by pawcanada

It does look good however.

NOTHING can be the next IM1. Even IM2 wasn't IM1. That was lightning in a bottle. No advertising, no one knew it was coming out. Heck, I walked into the theater and went "Ironman? Isn't he Marvel? Okay, I'll try it." We should be comparing this to Hulk, me thinks.

About the Infinity Gauntlet, I just assumed it would be from Odin's treasure room too. This was from seeing the Cap side of the panel and seeing what looked to be the Cosmic Cube being described by the Red Skull as from Odin's treasure room. That, to me, is an easy uncomplicated explanation that can tie many movies together. Although, it'd get boring quickly if every movie became a hunt for Odin's treasure.

The Thor trailer was satisfying enough but I didn't feel too wowed by it. Maybe because I was never that much into Thor but really wanted to be at one point. I felt the Cap teaser scene was more intriguing but that just might be due to Hugo Weaving's performance.