UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Your Top 5

neolego

Alright, if anyone reads the main topic you will know that I'm getting more into my PS3. However, I have owned very few PS3 games. So I thought about asking for recommendations for PS3 games, but then I thought I may not be the only one in the hunt for good games. So, I was thinking this would be fun for us to share. The rules are simple, post any system that you own (Current or past generation) and list your Top 5 games for that system (they don't have to be in any kind of order, just 5 games you love). Again, these are just based on your opinions and opinions are never wrong - So no arguing! Maybe you can open the door for someone else with a system that has missed a really good game along the way! I guess I'll go first...

(In no specific order)

Xbox 360 (Exclusive):

-Halo 3

-Halo ODST

-Fable II

-Shadow Complex

-Mass Effect

PS3 (Exclusive):

-Uncharted

-Little Big Planet

-Ratchet and Clank Future

(Sorry, these are the only 3 I've played)

Nintendo Wii (Exclusive):

-The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

-New Super Mario Bros

-Mario Galaxy

-Wii Sports

-Zack and Wiki

Nintendo DS:

-PokeMon: Diamond/Pearl/Platnium

-PokeMon: SoulSilver/HeartGold

-New Super Mario Bros

-Picross

-The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Cross-Platform:

-Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1 and 2 (1 is better, but both are great)

-Batman: Arkham Asylum

-Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 (2 is better, but again both are great.

-Fallout 3

-Burnout Paradise

*I have to give a shout out to my LEGO games, Batman, Indy, Star Wars, I love them all!!!

neo

Starting modern and going down the line:

360:

DJ Hero

Halo ODST

COD MW2 (campaign was incredible, but I CANNOT STAND to play online!)

Street Fighter 4

Borderlands

Wii:

Wii Sports

No More Heros

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Mario Party 8

Super Mario Galaxy

Can't remember any really awesome games I had for Gamecube or PS2!!

X-Box:

Halo 2

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

Hulk Ultimate Destruction

Ninja Gaiden

Halo: Combat Evolved

PS1:

Street Fighter Alpha 3

Tekken 3

Marvel Ultimate Heroes (Not sure if this was what it was called, but it was like Marvel vs. Capcom, but only marvel characters, and it had some theme about gems)

Final Fantasy 9

Final Fantasy 7

Nintendo 64:

Pokemon Snap (I remember playing this game for hours!)

Starfox 64

Goldeneye

Rampage

Super Smash Bros

Sega Genesis:

Super Street Fighter II

Primal Rage

Mortal Kombat 3

Sonic

Ahhh the memories!

Sega Genesis:

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Strider

Revenge of Shinobi

Ghostbusters

Altered Beast

SNES:

Street Fighter 2

Monday Night Raw

Super Mario World

Link to the Past

Saturday Night Slam Masters

N64:

Goldeneye

WCW vs. NWO: World Tour

er, Mario Kart?

other wrestling games

Xbox 360

Modern Warfare 2

Call of Duty: World at War (I really only like the campaign with this one, didn't get into the Multiplayer...)

Prototype

Grand Theft Auto IV

Left 4 Dead

Xbox 360:

1)Bioshock

2)Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

3)Fallout 3

4)Halo 3 ( The Halo:Reach beta isn't out yet)

5)Grand Theft Auto 4

Amongst all games released it has to be:

1)Bioshock

2)Halo 2

3) Metal Gear Solid 3

4)Fallout 3

5)Half Life 2

I'm a PS guy myself, and my top 5 games are a bit geeky - but here goes.

In no particular order:

1) Wip3out

2) X-Men Legends: Rise of Apocalypse

3) Muppets Racing

4) Batman: Vengence

5) Tied between the original Crash Bandicoot & Fur Fighters.

FurFighters was a bit of a no-name game, but i got a lot of hours of play out fo that one.

PC:

Arkham Asylum

Oblivion

Bioshock

Bioshock 2

The Orange Box

Wii:

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Metriod Prime Corruption

Resident Evil 4

Zelda: Twilight Princess

Maroi Galaxy

(Once I get used to it, Monster Hunter will probably defeat RE4 fyi.)

PS2

Shadow of the Colossus

Battlefront 2 (I still play this nonstop)

Ratchet and Clank (Pick one that's not Goin' Commando, it fits)

Ultimate Spider-Man

Destroy All Humans

DS

Super Mario 64 DS

Pokemon Heartgold

Scribblenauts

LOZ: Phantom Hourglass

Pokemon Platinum

NES

Super Mario Bros

Dr. Mario

Legend of Zelda

Metroid

Castlevania 2

WCW vs. NWO: World Tour

Dude, I had almost forgot about this game. I can't stand any of the PS versions of Wrestling and I can't stand any of the Next Gen versions. But those 64 games were amazing!! World Tour, Wrestlemainia 2K, No Mercy, all three were great although No Mercy was probably my favorite. I can't count how many hours we spent in college creating pay-per-views and having title defenses. Ah......I wish they would make another game just like that for the Wii or something, there will never be another wrestling game to rival them! neo

I was trying to think of No Mercy, and put down World Tour b/c I couldn't remember the name :D

Yeah, they were all great. No Mercy, if I am remembering correctly, was fun because of the wacky battle royals. My buddy and I would alter wrestlers' suits, making them members of "gangs" (one of which was the "Anvil" gang who wore different colored Jim Neidhart outfits, another was the "Mortis"* gang, I believe, etc.). Whenever we appeared in battle royals as those guys, we had to help our fellow gang members out.

But World Tour had the best "avatars" when selecting a character. DDP, Scott Hall, and Macho Man looked like hobos, and we used to have them duke it out over the elusive "bottle of whiskey."

Good times.

*sadly, the wrestler who played Mortis (Kanyon) passed away a few weeks ago. Such a tragic business.

Edited by karamazov80

ZX Spectrum (I feel old just typing that):

Dizzy

Underwurlde

Manic Miner

Bugaboo

Tapper

NES:

Tetris

Wizards & Warriors 2

Super Mario Bros. 3

Dr. Mario

A Boy And His Blob

SNES:

Link To The Past

Mario Kart

Super Metroid

Bubsy

Turtles In Time

After this point I really only bought systems in order to play the Zelda and Mario games, my faves are:

N64:

Ocarina Of Time

Mario 64

GBA:

Metroid Fusion

Zelda: Minish Cap

Gamecube:

Zelda: Wind Waker

DS:

New Super Mario Bros.

That's funny battlecat, I'm the same way. In fact, the only reason I own a Wii today is because no matter how much crap they put on the system, when they make a Mario or Zelda game I have to play it. I do not currently own 1 single Wii game that is not First-Party. Even with 2 generation old hardward, Nintendo still knows how to deliver a masterpiece! neo

Yeah, for me it's mostly the time commitment -- I'm sure I'm missing out on lots of cool games, not to mention non-Nintendo systems, but I just stick to the series I know and love. I've held off on the Wii for now, mostly due to spending all my money on mates and other toys, but as soon as they release this new Zelda it's a done deal...

favorite games of all time:

bioshock

bioshock 2

batman AA

chrono trigger

mvc2

honorable mentions:

parrappa the rappa

umjammer lammy

crash bandicoot

pokemon silver(ah the memories)

super smashe bros series

The mario bros series

super street fighter 4(on its way to be on the list)

kingdom hearts 1 and 2!

resident evil 1 and 3

Here's my top 5 going by systems I've owned over the years:

Sega Genesis:

Sonic 3 and Knuckles-Since originally Sonic 3 was supposed to be both of these together I'm gonna count this as one game, I love the Genesis Sonic games and over all I prefer this only slightly over Sonic 2.

Captain America and the Avengers-The cheese factor is what makes this game sing, but it's so fun beating up stuff as Captain America.

Shinobi 3: Rise of the Ninja Master-Awesome game and I wish I discovered it when I was a little kid.

Comix Zone-Best game you've probably never played and it has one of the best soundtracks for the system.

Streets of Rage 2-AMAZING game and an AMAZING soundtrack, say what you will about the Genesis they had a knack for making beat em' ups with amazing gameplay and amazing soundtracks.

Playstation:

Spyro the Dragon-I personally think this was probably the greatest 3D performers of its time and I still find myself humming its amazing soundtrack to this day.

Metal Gear Solid-Probably one of my favorite games ever made and it absolutely blew my mind when I played it as a little kid. It hasn't aged that badly and Solid Snake is one of my favorite fictional characters.

Spider-Man-Helped get me into comics and one of my favorite superhero games.

Grind Session-I'm sorry THPS, but this is my favorite Skateboarding game, and I'll admit that it helped I read my Older Brother's issues of Big Brother when I was little.

Medievil-Fun, great eerie soundtrack.

Playstation 2 (it it going to be really hard to choose 5):

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas-I literally played this game for a 2 years after it came out, not because I had little else to play, but because I was still discovering every nook and cranny of the game.

Metal Gear Solid 3-Everything I wanted a PS2 Metal Gear Solid game to be (I didn't have a problem with the 2nd but the story was too ambitious for its own good and I liked Raiden but it was seriously like going from playing as Charles Bronson to playing as Justin Timberlake), the story is good but depressing.

Resident Evil 4-One of the best action games I've ever played and such a fun game.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time-One of the best performers I've ever played and an amazingly haunting soundtrack.

Bully-It's like San Andreas on a smaller scale and with an alot more detailed environment. The soundtrack reminds me of Devo in a good way and the game developers really take great advantage of the setting.

X-Box 360:

Grand Theft Auto 4-It's the little details that make this game shine, it's Bully level detail on a San Andreas scale.

Bioshock-One of the best stories I ever seen in a game and some amazingly satisfying gameplay.

Batman: Arkham Asylum-Everything I could want in a Batman game.

Mass Effect 2-It's improves all my problems with the 1st game (although I miss the old Mako segments), I'm a bit sad they streamlined the RPG elements in favor of more action oriented stuff (which is weird coming from me I'm an action game junkie). But its a great character heavy game and the graphics are amazing.

Fallout 3-Any game where I can destroy Paradise Falls with a character that looks like Burt Reynolds is a winner in my book. A true successor to the series.

PC:

Call of Duty-The Battle of Stalingrad in the Soviet section is one of the most f'd up gaming segments I've ever played.

Age of Mythology-I loves me some Starcraft and Dawn of War, but this is my favorite RTS game ever.

Fallout 2-Once you get past the difficult first few hours and the game picks up, you have a great RPG with some of the best dialog I've seen in a game. The game literally is designed to accommodate anything you decide to do to/with your character.

Diablo 2-Something about killing the forces of hell for treasure never gets old.

World of Warcraft-I never felt so rewarded for accomplishing something so small within the game. You hit a wall sort of when you reach Level 80 (unless you're into hardcore PVP or PVE), but the lead-up and sheer amount of stuff to do is staggering.

Edited by Andimus Prime

• 1 month later...

Please note that the games for each system are not listed in any particular order. Games marked with an asterisk are ones I never owned. In some cases, I couldn't think of five.

NES

Legend of Zelda

Super Mario Bros. 3

Jackal

Base Wars

Kickle Cubicle

SNES

Super Mario World

Secret of Mana

Chrono Trigger

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past