UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hello from the new girl in town! :)

I just recently made an account, so I thought that I'd stop by and say hello. My name's Mandy, I'm from Massachusetts, and this is my first time joining a Minimates forum. I have a small X-Men collection at the moment that I hope to grow.

These little guys caught my eye sometime in 05' when I was out shopping with a friend at a local music store. There was a literal wall of them in the corner of the shop, and who should happen to catch my eye, but the Marvel Wave 11 box of Rogue and Mystique. When I was growing up I was a huge Rogue fan, so I thought they'd look cute on my desk. I snatched them up, soon followed by a few more sets.

I admit, I had kind of forgotten about them when they got packed away in storage from a move until recently. I was out shopping with my boyfriend and came across the newest release of Rogue, along with 90's Beast, so I had to get them, and then of course go digging through my closets for the rest.

While trying to do some research to see what other characters were now out there in my absence, I came across this forum. I'd love to learn more about some of the newest waves, and perhaps track down some more of the 90's version, "Jim Lee Era" X-Men. I'm also praying they decide to make some "Lost" Minimates in the future, I was so late on the Kubrick train.

Nice to meet you all, and I look forward to posting here! :)

Welcome! There are a few 90s X-Men figures around. We are still missing a few (Bishop with dreads comes to mind), but I took (bad) pics of those that I knew of a short while ago, sans Iceman.

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...st&p=148962

There is also a Wolvie in that awful yellow and blue jumpsuit that all the X-Men seemed to be wearing for a brief period of time.

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=724

Funny that you bring up potential Lost Minimates, as that has been the topic of recent discussion here. . .

Hi Mandy,

Welcome to the forums, If you need anything feel free to ask, on the whole the members here are a harmless and friendly bunch ( bad puns and random pop quizes aside) who will do their best to help out.

T.

Welcome welcome m'lady. Now, as you are new I must introduce my little gimmick to you. I do a bit of a gauntlet for new members called the T42 MOVIE CHALLENGE!!!!

Basically I quote a movie, you name it.

Simple? Simple.

Your quote:

"I'm alive? I can't believe it. I'm ALIIIIIVE!" [sMASH] "... ow."

Edited by Trekker 42

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! :) Nice to meet all of you!

Answers to questions:

@karamazov80: That group picture is fantastic! I really need to round all of them up eventually. It's also good to see that I'm not alone in my hopes for Lost Minimates. I'm about ready to die from anticipation of the series finale!

@NorthRaider: I was wondering if there were any more girls around here. :) I really love the look of those waves. It's making me wish I had bought a few more while I was in the shop buying Rogue and Beast. I think I'm going to have to go back for Cyclops and Jean. I'm also such a shameless Gambit fangirl, so I'm going to have to try and get him and Betsy soon.

@Trekker 42: Oh no! I'm so bad at movie quotes! It sounds familiar, but I can't pinpoint it. ::epic fail:: Thank you for the welcome though!

@blacksun1520: Good to see another MA resident here! I'm from Manchester in the Cape Anne area on the northern shore of the state. Whereabouts are you from?

Edited by White Noise

Welcome to the 'verse, Mandy! It's a great place to spend way too much time.

Lost mates would be pretty cool and I'm sure they'd look even better than those crappy Kubricks. Enjoy your stay and for all your research intentions there is one place - and one place only - to go: Minimate Database. (But don't you ever try to mess with the database. There's this housekeeper kind of guy, Ivan, and he's able to suck all the joy and happiness out of everyone who dares to. But usually he's a really nice guy. Right? :blink: )

Welcome to the 'verse, Mandy! It's a great place to spend way too much time.

Lost mates would be pretty cool and I'm sure they'd look even better than those crappy Kubricks. Enjoy your stay and for all your research intentions there is one place - and one place only - to go: Minimate Database. (But don't you ever try to mess with the database. There's this housekeeper kind of guy, Ivan, and he's able to suck all the joy and happiness out of everyone who dares to. But usually he's a really nice guy. Right? :blink: )

Sure, I'm nice. I just have certain... ahem... proclivities. :D

@Trekker 42: Oh no! I'm so bad at movie quotes! It sounds familiar, but I can't pinpoint it. ::epic fail:: Thank you for the welcome though!

Nice try kid. The answer is Hulk Vs. Deadpool said it.

Again, welcome to the MMMV.

• 3 weeks later...