UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

General Minimate Pictures Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Zach. I honestly believe it would be more awesome with the Gold Elite instead of the blue one, to kind of be a counter point to the blue lighting, but still, I love it. I've been trying to make a new wallpaper for my computer for a while and I think that's the one.

Also, incidentally, is it possible to post such an awesome amazing picture somewhere, that you yourself will be just so overjoyed and say, I don't know, send that person a C2E2 Battle Beast promo? You know, just, asking, for the collective... Or something.

Because, if that WERE possible, it may or may not become my new life goal.

I really want one.

Edited by The Geohound

So, a thought. I made this about a year or so back, probably longer by a bit.MoonKnightandtheSpiderWomen.jpg

and it has always stuck out in my mind as a thing that if I were to seriously pursue minimate comics, this would be how I'd start. I have, for lack of a better situational definitive, a whole load of free time. I love old pulp comics and I love Moon Knight and I honestly believe that this could be a good endeavor for me. I guess what I'm saying is, anybody wanna read it?

Edited by The Geohound

Moon Knight is a lot like Batman, aside from the fact that he has something of a tendency to actually kill people. On purpose. All the time.

Anyways, thanks guys. I'm already working details out and things.

And if anyone knows of a good set of minimate scale-ish jungle trees, I will invariablly need a whole lot of them.

So, a thought. I made this about a year or so back, probably longer by a bit.MoonKnightandtheSpiderWomen.jpg

and it has always stuck out in my mind as a thing that if I were to seriously pursue minimate comics, this would be how I'd start. I have, for lack of a better situational definitive, a whole load of free time. I love old pulp comics and I love Moon Knight and I honestly believe that this could be a good endeavor for me. I guess what I'm saying is, anybody wanna read it?

I would read it for sure...minimate based comics for the WIN!! talk about a cool way to increase the exposure for the Pirates or MAX lines...minimate style comics!!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Of course you put that up just as I'm about to do something, Zach. God, how do I compete with that?

Anyways, on the Moon Knight front, I've decided there needs to be guest heroes at some point...

KnightandFist.jpg

My first choice being this man, Orson Randall. This is also my very first custom ever. Should be a fun time. Thanks to youbastards for giving me advice with this over the last couple days.

Seriously, Zach, that's just so not fair. No one can fight Kang. He's called a conqueror with good reason.

Edited by The Geohound

Of course you put that up just as I'm about to do something, Zach. God, how do I compete with that?

Dude, that's a great shot! And a great Orson Randall! I love dramatic uplighting. I shot a couple of my MvC3 match-ups on a fluorescent light mounted in our stairwell, and thought they came out pretty cool, but yours is much cooler.

409456_307703862607211_170392609671671_943931_454659507_n.jpg

I've got one of the old Playmates Trek teleporter pads, and I'm gonna try and light it up when I shoot my Jacob Keyes Halo Minimate, like he's leaning over a tabletop display. No idea if it's game-accurate, just seemed like it would be cool.

Sorry to c-block you, man. I'll make it up to you somehow.

Wow Ivan, that really is a bit hypnotic!

Geo - that pic is awesome! the back-lighting really helps capture the sculpt.

Lord i hope there is some kind of translucent promo minimate at SDCC this year!

1335227275[/url]' post='221788']

Geo - that pic is awesome! the back-lighting really helps capture the sculpt.

Lord i hope there is some kind of translucent promo minimate at SDCC this year!

Thanks. But maybe no translucent promos for a while. The stress of seeing these ones pop up on ebay for $125 kind of nearly killed me. Thankfully a wonderfully generous board member helped me out. Which is good. I'm already on medication for high blood pressure, I don't need to die this year because of two amazing promos in a row. That said, if SDCC DOES have a translucent promo, and it's a Battle Beast, and it's purple, and it's Merk, well then I will die. Seriously. Merk looks to easily be the most fun character so far. Plus, you know, bird man. When he gets made, I hope his hood is some kind of seperate piece from his actual head. That would be so awesome.