UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

General Minimate Pictures Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of feel you, Mnemosis.

I've actually just gotten the entire back-catalogue of Excalibur vol. 1 and am making my way through it. I have to say, some of it is work. Especially the parts of the 80's. I'm certainly not enjoying it the way i did with X-Force or X-Factor.

Aside from having a deep dislike of Alan Davis' work, it's a little bit too heavy on the 'fantasy' aspects for me. I prefer it when the x-men work more in the fields of sci-fi, political/social commentary & modern day heist/adventure.

Still - having said that, I did like some of the later stuff with Muir island in the 90's and would always welcome more diverse supporting characters from any book. I can't explain why, but i have always yearned for a Kylun minimate, despite him having what might be the most useless mutation of all time & being a pretty lame character all round.

What can i say, i like my D-listers!

Edited by Nessex

Oh, don't get me wrong... I HAVE an Excalibur display, lol. They're on the giant Jim Lee door poster I have, so I couldn't pass it up!

I kind of feel you, Mnemosis.

I've actually just gotten the entire back-catalogue of Excalibur vol. 1 and am making my way through it. I have to say, some of it is work. Especially the parts of the 80's. I'm certainly not enjoying it the way i did with X-Force or X-Factor.

Aside from having a deep dislike of Alan Davis' work, it's a little bit too heavy on the 'fantasy' aspects for me. I prefer it when the x-men work more in the fields of sci-fi, political/social commentary & modern day heist/adventure.

Still - having said that, I did like some of the later stuff with Muir island in the 90's and would always welcome more diverse supporting characters from any book. I can't explain why, but i have always yearned for a Kylun minimate, despite him having what might be the most useless mutation of all time & being a pretty lame character all round.

What can i say, i like my D-listers!

Brother, we are cut from the same cloth! Davis' waifish females and hyper accentuated cheek bones/jaw lines has NEVER been my cup of tea. Not the fantasy silliness that permeates the book. However...

When I first started reading with the blue and gold relaunch, it was adjectiveless and X-Factor that hooked me. Then I got back on board with uncanny and x-force after X-Cutioner's Song. Now I'm going back and reading everything I missed, including Excalibur, Uncanny, X-force, and Wolverine. So this is the first time I've really TRIED to muddle through this book.

... and all for ideas for Minimate customs! Lol

• 4 weeks later...

this is for my new X-Factor display that i'm putting together. i designed it last night after deciding i didn't like what i'd originally had planned. i'm going to go print it today, and i'll post the completed display once i've put it all together!

xfFinal.jpg

Edited by CortherX

I've been away for a while, so I had a bunch of catching up to do. You guys have gotten insanely good at taking photos of your mates. And the animated GIFs are amazing!

CortherX, your displays look incredible.

Shane, I can't wait to see what you end up making out of that giant wooden mate.

funkguerilla, I'm definitely going to have to try building my own sets now.

Mini_Myte, I saw them on Instagram a while ago, but those Kill BIll photos are insanely good.

Anyway, here are a few photos I took on this rainy Saturday.

2015_all.jpg

2015_street.jpg

2015_cosmic.jpg

2015_xmen.jpg

you can see a few more on my Minimate Photostudio blog

Thanks for all the kind words, guys!

Fantastic.

What are the building sets?

They're Mega Bloks from the Spider-Man 3 street series. These are specifically the Spider-Man vs Venom set. I was lucky and found a cheap set on eBay that was missing a few bricks (bloks?)

I went through your whole webpage nate, I enjoy setting up displays like yours and I always love to see others do the same.

Thanks, man! I'm really trying to keep my site interesting. I'll be sharing photos here, too.

Actually, here are a couple more -- the start of a fight between the Heroes for Hire and some quick custom thugs:

lukecage_ironfist.jpg

lukecage_punch01.jpg

ironfist_kick01.jpg