UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

General Minimate Pictures Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I use this guy with my Minimates, I'm splitting hairs and saying this goes here.

Devourer of Ice Lollies:

2011-04-06154147_zps88edea79.jpg

I don't know why it is.......but toys look so much BETTER when shot outside. I need to do this with my Sliders customs to mimic the beginning of each episode.

Crap! I gave my Scarlet Black Widow's web shooters & Deadpool's ankle pouches, but I need to give him Amy's hood!

Did you mix the paint to match, or was there a stock color you used (and if so, what)?

I'm currently painting my web shooter something more greyish metal looking haha...

and sadly I do not have the ankle pouches from Deadpool (TT)

when I saw Amy's hood it hit me right away that Scarlet will look good with it, plus there is 2 hood.

I basically just paint the hood with the blood and I didn't mix the colour. it a stock colour but I did give it a black coat first before apply the paint.

here the paint I use

martha stewart crafts 32087 pond

http://www.ohmycrafts.com/images/products/detail/32087pond.jpg

I am moving soon and am starting to strip down my various minimate displays but thought I'd post this.

My comic accurate Iron Man display. No Movie or SFII versions, no villains just good old fashioned comic accurate IM armors & various Versions of Tony Stark. smile.png

post-7-0-04168200-1365956789_thumb.jpg

Also as I was tidying up I have a few very old customs that were done before DST got around to them... In a couple of cases 5-6 years before DST got around to them. Several of my older IM customs have fallen to the ravages of time, you'll never again see my circa 2004 War Machine custom. Yes I'm fully aware that some these earlier efforts are frightening bad when compared to modern customs or DST's newer versions of them, but finding them again gave me a warm rosy glow of nostalgia, for the days when we had very few choices in parts to make customs from. smile.png

The only one in the pic that was made after the DST one was the stealth IM, because I needed a shiny metallic version.

post-7-0-41399500-1365957027_thumb.jpg

Which really makes me think we need a new thread in the custom section that's a "now and then" with customs we've done in the past that DST made afterwards.

T.

This one is for Mystery Man and Bob Harris. Thanks Mystery Man for supplying that sweet Fantasticar pic. Couldn't have made this action shot without it.

negativezoneexplosion1c.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Dude - That fantasticar picture is BOSS!

Some great IM customs in there TBT. I love Demon in a Bottle Tony doing his Hasselhoff impersonation on the bottom left.'Spider-sense'/Composite Tony/IM is really cool too!

Edited by Nessex