UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

General Minimate Pictures Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's close to double that size at this point I think. It's been a while since I've head them out.

The only ones I'm missing are those blankety blank Red Stripes. I never saw the specialty sets, and it would have been a pain to track down 5-10 of those. Also missing the BD STarbuck.

6835272399_02d3fd2381_z.jpg

:biggrin: I just got these 3 in the mail this morning!

These belonged to a friend of mine on flickr/facebook, for weeks he was saying he wouldn't sell but he's moving onto collecting Hot Toys, and decided finally to sell them, relieved that he thought of me first, although the constant wagering by me for the last few weeks 'may' of been an influence, :tongue:

Both Cyborg Superman & Justice Lords Superman weren't even marked down on my priority 'wants' list, i'd of probably got round to getting them in the end but this opportunity to get them was too good to miss.

I also made a new folder on flickr, it's one i'll be putting all my customs in.

6835271619_449a731810_z.jpg

I put together two random mates from the parts i have spare to make this photo, the folder name came from my friend as we discussed on facebook how great the mates are for swapping and customs, and he came up with that word which i've borrowed. :lol:

Rich

I know it's not Minimates, but I thought I'd post this while waiting for BHM to up the ante in the Cylon Cold War.

First of all that's a damn fine picture & I wish I could take pics as well as you & Urban (e.g) do !!!

I'm not sure whether a picture of my Cylon army would actually be constructive .....yours looks pretty formidable but surely that's not all of them ? :biggrin:

I know it's not Minimates, but I thought I'd post this while waiting for BHM to up the ante in the Cylon Cold War.

First of all that's a damn fine picture & I wish I could take pics as well as you & Urban (e.g) do !!!

All it takes is practice, you should give it a go :) everyone has to start somewhere.

I still hate that my pics are coming out yellow. This is what I get for painting my box Satin Egg Shell and not "white"

Come on, BHM. What's the point of having an army if you never use it? I showed you mine, now show me yours. :P

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

I took some time yesterday on LDD to make a sci-fi storage/weapons crate, then i made it as a physical model with the pieces I had. I wanted to see how it would look next to a Minimate in a short 1 shot scene so I used Nick Fury..

6866610689_ab395589ea_z.jpg

I did initially build it as a more square shape using 4x4 plates but the Crate ended up about the same size as the Minimate :lol:

I think it looks decent, What do you think?

Edited by Urban Saboteur

On the back of making that Weapons & Storage crate, I also was looking at grated/mesh flooring, the sort you see in Sci-Fi spaceships or research facilities?

After many trial and errors, and some discussion with my dad, he suggested i use 'Plasterboard Mesh Tape' which was found in his shed, :biggrin: You can actually get this in a roll from ebay UK for cheap and although I used this on Lego Tiles and painted it grey, I'd imagine this would be just as effective on any surface be it foamboard or cardboard if you're making a scene with your minimates.

I'd imagined something like Bucky & Captain America, trying to work their way through an AIM Research Factory, or something to that effect, the grated flooring you'd find in a place such as this is hard to replicate if you dont have the right materials, it should also be noted that although you can buy tiles in lego, they are usually unprinted/undecorated, and the grated/mesh metal design stickers that come in lego sets are so few and far between they'd be expensive if you was making this on a larger scale.

This small section of floor I made is from Lego Tiles, i then used the Plasterboard Mesh Tape on top of it and painted it grey, I think this will look great as part of an AIM Research Facility or as the floor to a starship if you was doing something from Battle Star Galactica.

6875447985_5402d393e6.jpg

I just thought i'd share this with you, I think the process is fairly easy to replicate and even if you didn't go the Lego Tile route, you could use it on any available surface you had, be it cardboard box or cheap foam board.

Rich

I believe any small woodbearing plant is considered a bonsai. My wife got me a bonsai a few years ago. It was the type with needle like leaves. I didn't end well. Make sure it's nowhere near heat. They dry out VERY easily.

Edited by Rheul