UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
Punisher

General Minimate Pictures Thread

I saw a youtube video. I'm considering picking up some.

They are tempting, but I cannot seem to figure out how many you get with your purchase. If you get all 4 base plates and the connectors for $25, that is a good deal; if you are only getting some if that, then maybe it isn’t.

I wonder if Lego would consider revisiting the X-mansion. It doesn't seem any more impractical than the Disney Castle or the $800 Millenium Falcon.

7 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

They are tempting, but I cannot seem to figure out how many you get with your purchase. If you get all 4 base plates and the connectors for $25, that is a good deal; if you are only getting some if that, then maybe it isn’t.

They're on Amazon. You get 4 base plates and a bunch of the brick connectors. I will say these are not Lego quality. They aren't bad (I have a few different sizes and shapes myself) but be aware they aren't top of the line.

9 hours ago, hellpop said:

I wonder if Lego would consider revisiting the X-mansion. It doesn't seem any more impractical than the Disney Castle or the $800 Millenium Falcon.

I think that Disney and StarWars probably have a bigger fan base, and therefore can more easily be pitched as a money making ventures. An $800 X-men product is probably a much tougher sell.

16 hours ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

They're on Amazon. You get 4 base plates and a bunch of the brick connectors. I will say these are not Lego quality. They aren't bad (I have a few different sizes and shapes myself) but be aware they aren't top of the line.

Are they at least a snug fit with other brands?

10 hours ago, Nessex said:

I think that Disney and StarWars probably have a bigger fan base, and therefore can more easily be pitched as a money making ventures. An $800 X-men product is probably a much tougher sell.

Give it a few years. I'm sure Disney and Marvel have some interesting plans for their Fox acquisition that includes merchandising the hell out of all things X-Men.

11 hours ago, Nessex said:

It wouldn't be that much. The castle is $350, and I don't think it would be more bricks than that. Still a hefty price tag, but I don't really think they'd have much problem moving these sets.

3 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

Are they at least a snug fit with other brands?

Yeah they work pretty good with Lego and Mega. Not as tight a fit as using namebrand parts but workable.

Very nice!👍You should slip a Stan Lee cameo In there a la the Netflix shows.😊

10 hours ago, bilbofett said:

Very nice!👍You should slip a Stan Lee cameo In there a la the Netflix shows.😊

perfect was looking for more posters to dirty it up. done! 

On 3/30/2018 at 1:08 AM, hellpop said:

It wouldn't be that much. The castle is $350, and I don't think it would be more bricks than that. Still a hefty price tag, but I don't really think they'd have much problem moving these sets.

The Simpsons house was $330.00 here. I reckon this set would be at least twice the size, with more minifigs. if not $800, i think it would have been over $600.

On 3/29/2018 at 11:59 PM, MisterPL said:

Give it a few years. I'm sure Disney and Marvel have some interesting plans for their Fox acquisition that includes merchandising the hell out of all things X-Men.

I will buy anything they put out that is 616 related. I've been buying up those bootlego figures like a mad man. Official product would be very welcome.

On 3/29/2018 at 8:35 PM, Roccothegreat said:

Working on a minimate scale diorama 

Wow this is great man. So accurate!