UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

General Minimate Pictures Thread

GCPD diorama I made for my DC minimates. It has some calculation errors and it's not the same as planned but I really liked the final result, mainly due to the complexity of the project. I'm still working on it, now to hang flying characters. I will show later when everything is finished.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, nandoninny said:

I already got one, not arrived yet.

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

As a satisfied owner of that bat-signal, I second that suggestion. Great diorama!

Thank you!

Did those stairs come undone or is that the thing you had trouble with? That's the only challenge I can see in the whole thing and it's minor.

Awesome work! I really like how you added depth with the background. Can't wait to see it with some mates in it. It's going to look amazing.

How much time do you have into this so far?

19 hours ago, nandoninny said:

awesome!  i got one and its really cool for the price!

great display!

This diorama was not purchased, I made it from scratch. Thanks.

16 hours ago, cylonchaney said:

Did those stairs come undone or is that the thing you had trouble with? That's the only challenge I can see in the whole thing and it's minor.

Awesome work! I really like how you added depth with the background. Can't wait to see it with some mates in it. It's going to look amazing.

How much time do you have into this so far?

The stair was something I did wrong but I already fixed it. In general it took me a week to finish everything because I built the wooden niche too.

Thank you!

24 minutes ago, funkguerilla said:

Really really great stuff.  Love how massive it is, and how versatile it seems to be.

Also, question:  Where did you source that cityscape behind the building?  Was that something you created yourself or did you find it somewhere?  

Thank you too! About the backdrop, the top half is a Gotham City official wallpaper from DC Comics website and half down is a screen from TMNT Nickelodeon's cartoon.

And here is the finished diorama!

7 hours ago, nandoninny said:

i meant the light is great for the price and in addition to that, the display you made is really nice!  my apologies for not being clear.

Oh, I got it now. Don't worry, my mistake. Thanks for the feedback.

3 hours ago, Ronan The Accuser said:

That looks great, nice job!

I love the use of multiple Flashes for the speed effect!

Thank you, Ronan.

• 3 weeks later...

I have so many pics to post, but every time I post a photo the max total size goes down.  Now it is at 0.09MB so I can't post any pictures.  Does anyone know if this is just a daily limit and it refreshes every day?

Edited by edmo

5 hours ago, edmo said:

I have so many pics to post, but every time I post a photo the max total size goes down.  Now it is at 0.09MB so I can't post any pictures.  Does anyone know if this is just a daily limit and it refreshes every day?

You can always try an instagram link as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Heinous said:

I cut up the Phoenix killer Ironman. I guess I really shouldn't have put the blast on it, it's supposed to be a shield absorbing the impact, everyone thinks it's a Canon. I actually used the back of that armor as a Canon, just haven't shot a picture of it yet 

I see it now. Very cool and great paint work!