General Minimate Pictures Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19903583684_79acd88442.jpg

MiniMates Tony Stark Kitbash by Prowl-Ar by Monte Williams, on Flickr

Thanks again, Prowlar!

You're welcome, but when am I going to see a Hall of Armors from the couple of Universe Iron Men I gave you?

Also I've got a Series 1 Leo head, Spike, and Krang for you. Leatherhead could probably use a snack by now.

I'm only kidding. After all trying to get that many armors all standing, even with bases, would be a total nightmare.

Edited by Prowlar

You're welcome, but when am I going to see a Hall of Armors from the couple of Universe Iron Men I gave you?

...I'm only kidding. After all trying to get that many armors all standing, even with bases, would be a total nightmare.

Funny combination of comments there, 'cause the first thing I did when I saw all those Iron Man figures was set them aside in the Keepers pile to make a Hall of Armors display... only to realize a couple days later that 1. I lack the skills and resources to actually make such a thing, 2. if such an item exists already it's bound to cost more than I want to pay and, most importantly, 3. having never had an attachment to Iron Man comic books, most of the figures only appealed to me because they're so impressive taken as a whole; remove the Hall display idea and I'm left with a bunch of figures that don't really fit my usual aesthetic.

So instead I kept just a few figures from that ginormous Iron Man/Patriot/War Machine pile. Surprisingly, I kept two War Machine figures; don't know a thing about and couldn't care less about the character, but some of those designs are wicked!

Also I've got a Series 1 Leo head, Spike, and Krang for you.

Dude! You're the king.

I also have something for you. Or will have, when it arrives.

I did cheat a bit using Photoshop, but I do intend on making this version of the bride unless DST's decides to do so first.

Here are a list of parts: Beatrix Kiddo (Masters of Death) head, Sarah Conor pony tail hairpiece (Photoshopped to look blonder), D'Anna Biers chest block (shirt Photoshopped red and cleavage removed), Andre Drazen jacket and arms, WD Gabe jean legs and Gogo Yubari feet.

image.jpg

This is a Red Hood I made a few days ago. It's not based on any specific costume, but I thought it looked quite cool. Let me know if anyone wants the recipe.

After seeing your custom Red Hood and playing countless hours of Arkham Knight, I decided that I needed a Red Hood. This is my first attempt at making a custom minimate and hopefully not the last. Nice Red Hood by the way.

20150817_220443-1_zps2xranqo1.jpg

20150817_220916-1_zpshwfddqtb.jpg