UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

General Minimate Pictures Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked around for diorama in prep for the aliens minimates, I came across printable Deathstar Diorama at http://dioramaworkshop.com/

Here's the result

Did you straight print that and put it on like a board? Or did you make it yourself?

I just printed out and glued on to a cardboard, will do the other parts, like the doorway later. The scale is a bit too large, might mess around with that a little bit too.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been working on a way to display my 'mates in a way that lets them be a bit more dynamic than lining them on a shelf, or putting them in a display case. I bought a few playsets and buildings and turned the top of the dresser in my comic room into a permanent Minimate diorama. Excuse any bluriness. I'm taking these with my phone camera!

post-6503-0-35827500-1413496560_thumb.jp

I'd really like to find a Max Galactus to put in there, but I'm really happy with how it came out.

post-6503-0-17778300-1413496578_thumb.jp

So are Dr. Strange and Wong, since they don't have to be homeless! happy.png

From where did you get all those buildings, etc.?

Some look like MegaBloks but not all.

Looks cool. I agree with making dioramas, its a more rewarding display approach when you can make it work.

I'd put a cardboard cutout of Galactus' head peeking up behind the horizon.

That's a pretty ambitious display you've got there!

I've been thinking about arranging my Minimates by hue.

Hey, thanks! Wow, I hadn't thought of that! I'll have to find a nice hi-res image of him.

From where did you get all those buildings, etc.?

Some look like MegaBloks but not all.

Looks cool. I agree with making dioramas, its a more rewarding display approach when you can make it work.

The original display had a few MegaBloks sets in it, but I had to take them out as they didn't match as new buildings were put in.

So, the biggest one is the Toybiz Daily Bugle set from the 90's. The short gray building and police car are from a Fisher Price Imaginext set, as are the two red buildings. The Sanctum Sanctorum is paper and foamboard from a template that someone made for Heroclix. They had a really nice Baxter Building (that I couldn't fit) and some other neat places. If any one would like a link, just let me know. For a bit of depth, I made some building standees out of paper and extra foamboard. Then behind them, Luke was nice enough to help me out, and have a custom backdrop printed out for me.

The bus stop in front of the Daily Bugle is a Kubricks set. Everything else, like the streets, telephone poles, dumpsters, signs, trash cans, etc, are all papercraft templates that I found online.

I still need to decide on how I'm going to set my 'mates up, but I figure since I won't be gluing them down, I can change it up every so often.

Sorry for the long post, have a picture of Howard waiting for the bus to make up for it.

10617305_10152429443143697_667753478_n.j

I'm glad there's so much interest. happy.png

So, the site I found them on is a German Heroclix site, since the original artist took them down from his site.

http://www.heroclix-game.com/heroclix-blog/heroclix-downloads/spielfeld-co/buildings-gebaude

They come as ZIP files. The instructions are a little lame, but they're easy to figure. They won't be quite to scale, just a smidge too small, but they should work out. The Baxter Building seems a little odd, since there aren't any instructions. It seems like you'd need to print everything except the roof out 4 times. If anyone tries building it, I hope you let me know!

Had nothing to do today so I snapped some shots...

Take to the sky!

take_to_the_sky__by_the_wisest_mage-d84f

Predator and Prey

predator_and_prey_by_the_wisest_mage-d84

EDIT: Haha finally figured it out!!!

EDIT: @Below Thanks a bunch!

Edited by MiniMage