UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

General Minimate Pictures Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the Uncanny set in yesterday, had to take a photo of Fantomex and Warpath with 'em. (Missing X-23, sadly)

7320976004_a443dfa4a3_z.jpg

NOTES: I added the holster/pistol from AVENGERS movie Nick Fury to Deadpool, swapped the band from his right leg to his left, and gave him Chris Redfield's pistol.

--Archangel is standing a top Luke's tall flight stand. The stand was just blown out from the light.

Edited by AdamBomb

Nice, A-Bomb. Always need more X-Force

Thank ya, I totally agree! I LOVED the artwork in the revamping of X-Force, Crain did SUCH an amazing job on that. Those comics made me absolutely love X-23's character. Hope one day we get an Elixir and a Vanisher to go along side 'em.

Sweet X-Force pic AdamBomb!

And great set of pics there too straycat!

Nice pics, everyone!

Straycat, how many Chitauri Minimates and how many of their Lego vehicle-things do you have?

I have five foot soldiers, four generals, four lego single-seat chariots and two double-seat chariots, and still not satisfied.

Damn - that is some seriously nice, crisp shooting AdamBomb. Do you do much photoshopping after the shot is taken? I'm guessing the stand is edited out - but i'm blown away by how bright the background is.

Damn - that is some seriously nice, crisp shooting AdamBomb. Do you do much photoshopping after the shot is taken? I'm guessing the stand is edited out - but i'm blown away by how bright the background is.

There is some post processing I do, edit out the edges of the acrylic stands I put the figures on (which are clear, so they blow out SUPER easy), I boost black levels, up the contrast about 20%, adjust the exposure if I need to, and bring out a little extra sharpness. The last thing I do, and the most painstaking is editing out any color fringing on the edges because I am shooting against solid white.

I shoot in a homemade light box that I made with the tutorial here: http://digital-photography-school.com/how-to-make-a-inexpensive-light-tent

And I shoot with a good camera (Canon Rebel T3i) and a good lens with a custom white balance set for the day bulb I use... I've been using the Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L USM almost religiously since I bought it. Manual settings give me a lot of control, for example I shot those Deadpool pics with an f/stop of f/22 to bring it ALL into focus, with a really slow shutter speed mounted on a tripod, so I could leave the ISO at 100 to avoid any noise/grain.

ASSEMBLED!

7156011099_b2e73d7afc_z.jpg

Luckily, I've got a second set of the Black Widow/Hawkeye coming from a board member here, so Nick can have his holster/pistol back.