UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

youbastards' customs - ALIEN Ripley & EFNY Snake Plissken [01-21-2015]

Thanks Zach! No worries about the hairpiece, I know sometimes you gotta live with "close enough".

Cool you got to meet Ox, unfortunately he passed away in October. :(

Regarding Big Chap, I had an extra closed mouth Alien from the dump packs and just swapped the jaw piece. I can only hope you guys release more '79 mates, but I wanted this version now. :)

We really do need more 80's era moviemates. :yes:

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys! I have another Kurt Russell character planned, but still trying to get all the reference material together to determine if there are existing parts I can use. wink.png

Since Mini_Myte asked in the ALIEN thread, for anyone looking to sculpt their own hair for Ripley, here's the method I used.

I took a hairpiece with the base shape I wanted, in this case I think I used a Kendra Shaw hairpiece I had in my parts bin, and cut off the front of the hairpiece to expose more forehead. I mixed my Apoxie Sculpt and rolled a cylinder piece that went from the base of one ear over the front of the head to the base of the other ear to form the new hairline.

MMRipley02.jpg

I did the same thing for the base of the back of the hair, again from one ear to the other running along the edge of the hairpiece.

MMRipley04.jpg

I then used a sculpting tool with a rounded tip to try and simulate the curly hair by alternating gently pressing each side of the tip into the sculpt, I was going for a slightly 'feathered' effect, not sure how it turned out. Once I got that the way I liked it, I let it cure. The next night I filled in the rest of the hair with a thin layer of sculpt and repeated the indents in the sculpt, alternating sides of the sculpting tool. I wasn't quite happy with the height of the front of the hairpiece, so I put another layer of sculpt from ear to ear and repeated the process. After letting it fully cure, I lightly sanded some of the rough spots, then washed it and painted it black. The Citadel paint I used was too glossy, making the detail a little tough to see, so I sprayed it down with a matte sealer which helped bring out the detail.

If anyone wants help or has questions, feel free to post/PM and I will do my best.

Edited by youbastards

can i pay you to make me a hair piece?

Sorry Rocco, I don't think my sculpting skills are at a level yet where I would be comfortable doing that. You're an artistic guy, get some Apoxie Sculpt (Luke carries it) and give it a shot. :thumbsup:

Stunt man Mike?

Nope, but that's a good idea!

Here's another custom I knocked out this morning, "Kane, Ash's patient".

- Kane head with facehugger, hair is a smaller piece from my parts bin.

- Chest block/arms is from Walking Dead Abraham Ford.

- Legs are from underwear Selvig.

- White waistpiece, hands. feet are from my parts bin.

The undershirt decal is a scan of Abraham's chest block that I modified with the lace up details, feel free to use it make your own!

ALIEN-Kane-Undershirt.jpg

2015-01-25%2011.59.06.jpg