UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

youbastards' customs - ALIEN Ripley & EFNY Snake Plissken [01-21-2015]

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn YB.Lving the Black Toms! he looks fantastic in black, and the use of that DarkChylde arm for a transforming Tom is inspired!

how is Squirrel girls tail attached? Lord help me, i am going to regret this but: can we see a picture of her from behind?

Thanks everyone, but I have to say I am a little disappointed that the one member I was especially hoping to get a comment from hasn't posted yet, maybe he's too busy sniffing the flowers. :(

Groundhog-Spring.jpg

how is Squirrel girls tail attached? Lord help me, i am going to regret this but: can we see a picture of her from behind?

:ermm: .... :lol:

See above for a description of how I attached the tail, while I was doing it I thought maybe I should take some pictures of the in-process sculpt, but then I got caught up in the process.

As soon as her squirrel army shows up I will post some more/better pix! I also did some additional painting since I posted those pix.

Man, you get a computer virus that limits your interent access and you miss all sorts of things.

Saying that's some amazing work would be an understatement. Not only does it excite me that you made one, but also the thought that she can hang out with Weird Al now. You've totally made my day.

Ah, Squirrel Girl...:wub:

I'm not up to speed on SG but she looks cool.

If I'm allowed to channel my inner Mirymate...

Squirrel Girl first appeared with Iron man back in 1992 (drawn horribly by Steve Ditko). She is a mutant who has the power to control squirrels and has the abilities of them also. In her first adventure, she teamed up with Iron Man and defeated Dr. Doom single-handedly after Iron Man was captured. She disappeared until 2005 when she joined the Great Lakes Avengers. She had a squirrel sidekick named Monkey Joe who died during her time with the GLA. She adopted a new sidekick, Tippy Toe, and since left the GLA to be nanny to Luke Cages daughter in teh Avengers titles. It's also been referenced that she had some kind of steamy past with Wolverine and in a recent issue where some of the X-women are in Logan's Squirrel Girl is shown in a part of his mind where he keeps his naughty fanatasies.

The big thing about Squirrel Girl is the campiness of her character, but writers have run with it. So far, she's been credited with defeating Doc Doom, Mandarin, Thanos, Fin Fang Foom, Korvac, MODOK, Terrax and Ego the Living Planet (among others). Plus, she's cute in that 'girl next door' kind of way.

And if anyone thinks a Minimate of her wouldn't sell, you should read this about BMB announcing Squirrel Girl as the cage's nanny at Comic Con 2010:

After announcing the character's role at the 2010 Comic-con panel, Bendis described the audience's reaction citing "...[it] was so loud, the applause went on for so long... the place went nuts for a while". He went on to say that it was like Stan Lee walking into the room.

Edited by groundhog7s

Thanks for finally chiming in, I've been waiting! :teehee:

If anyone wants to make their own Squirrel Girl, here are the decals I made.

I would be open to making some customs if you can provide the parts, PM me if interested.

EDIT: Disregard, that template wasn't the current one, I forgot I tweaked it on another PC. Will post later.

Edited by youbastards

I'm going to be 'that guy who asked to see SG from behind for the rest of my days on this board, aren't i? :sad: LOL

Thanks for the pics YB. The pic of the belt sitting next to SG is actually a huge help. Well done. She's quite a masterpiece.

That tail really is terrific. I think I've got one of those hairpieces that got f****d up for an earlier project, so turning it into a Squirrel Girl tail might just be the way to go. Okay, it's decided; you post those decals, I'll make a Squirrel Girl. :highfive2:

So I had to look - the amount of Playmobil squirrels on eBay is surprising...

What is even more surprising is how difficult it is to find appropriately scaled squirrels for Minimates...apparently Lego has never produced a squirrel for any of their lines! My wife and I spent the better part of a day going store to store looking for squirrels, before I finally broke down and got them on eBay! It was nuts! :tongue:

So I had to look - the amount of Playmobil squirrels on eBay is surprising...

What is even more surprising is how difficult it is to find appropriately scaled squirrels for Minimates...apparently Lego has never produced a squirrel for any of their lines! My wife and I spent the better part of a day going store to store looking for squirrels, before I finally broke down and got them on eBay! It was nuts! :tongue:

She sounds like a patient woman. Or possibly crazy. :biggrin:

Nessex, you are far too cynical about things. I'm just gonna call you TM3 Dinobot from now on, that's all.

:ermm:

Nessex, don't worry about being labeled 'that guy', we already knew you were a bit off by declaring you would buy a Gideon ' mate!!! ;)

I stand by my Gideon appreciation! :P