UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

youbastards' customs - ALIEN Ripley & EFNY Snake Plissken [01-21-2015]

New Mutants Amara Aquila, aka "Magma"

I tried to come up with a design that was similar to Serge_Havok's great design that he posted here, and in fact, I used his face for the face of my custom. The rest of her details were hand-drawn and printed to clear decal paper. I had an extra powered-up Sunspot, so I sanded the details off of the clear yellow Minimate and applied the clear decals over the top.

Magma03.jpg

Magma01.jpg

Magma02.jpg

New Mutants Dani Moonstar, aka "Psyche" or "Mirage"

There have already been quite a few customs of Dani posted, and mine doesn't stray too far from the standard formula.

Moonstar.jpg

The team photos!

NewMutants01.jpg

NewMutants02.jpg

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just letting you know, i'm prepared to be your sole beneficiary. You can have your PA send the papers to me whenever you're ready. :thumbsup:

Seriously though - more great work. Magma looks awesome! I may just have to give that one a try myself one day.

EDIT: YB, do you use a Laser printer for those Decals?

Edited by Nessex

• 3 weeks later...
Oh and Nessex, I just saw your earlier question about the decals, all of my decals are printed on an HP OfficeJet 6310 inkjet printer.

Sweet. Thanks for getting back to me :thumbsup:

So, they are water-slide decals? and they didn't run when you transferred them onto the figure?

So, they are water-slide decals? and they didn't run when you transferred them onto the figure?

If you're using an inkjet printer for water-slide decals you need to put clear coat on the decals after you printed the design on it and before you put them in water. This prevents the ink from running. I always use an inkjet printer and it works pretty good. I'm sure a laser printer would be much more comfortable has the better results, but I don't have access to one.

A quick 'power effect' I made for Karma, it bothers me that we didn't get a sculpted part for her power.

karmapower.jpg

How did you make Karma's power effect?

Edited by Scorpion

• 2 weeks later...