UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Halo Minimates

Not to mention actual variations on the spartan and elite armors, not just color schemes. I would kill for a Ranger Elite.

But I can't even being to imagine what it would cost to develop all the parts for a hunter. It'd basically have to be sculpted on every single piece. Not that it wouldn't be incredible, just a lot of work and such.

And who knows what the hell Halo 4 could have brought us.

Oh well, R. I. P. Halo. We lament your early passing. Here's to the future.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention actual variations on the spartan and elite armors, not just color schemes. I would kill for a Ranger Elite.

But I can't even being to imagine what it would cost to develop all the parts for a hunter. It'd basically have to be sculpted on every single piece. Not that it wouldn't be incredible, just a lot of work and such.

And who knows what the hell Halo 4 could have brought us.

Oh well, R. I. P. Halo. We lament your early passing. Here's to the future.

Agreed. Halo becomes just like Rocky, DC and LOTR.

The Mega Bloks Hunter and Grunt while not incredible, make for a solid substitute in a display/collection.

I have one megabloks Halo thing. It was a blind bagged thing. I didn't buy it, it was some stocking stuff gag thing last christmas. But it was a clear stealth elite, so I kept it. I've looked at a lot of them with consideration, mainly for the accessories, like that bubble shield thing. But it was just never the same. Minimates are my one and only.

Zach, any chance you can please try and talk Chuck into 1 last Army Builder Boxset or Dump with the following:

- Female UNSC Marine (with extra weapons and parts to make Flood infected Marines)

- Covenant Grunt (with laser pistol, Needler, and plasma grenades)

- Metallic purple Covenant Elite (with extra weapons and parts to make Flood infected Elites)

- Flood Carrier (balloon creature) with Flood infection spores

(If you want to make this an Army Dump, just throw in the Miranda Keyes 'mate as the 1-per-case figure!)

Seriously, I would buy a minimum of 20 of this pack. It would be a great way to send off the Minimates series with a BANG! instead of a whimper.

I have also submitted this to Chuck via the Ask DST form, I really hope he reconsiders as this would be a great way to close out the Halo line.

Saw your request, not sure we have time to develop at this point. And knowing the tool would never be used again puts a damper on any significant new tooling. I'm sad, too. On the other hand, purple is my favorite color.

If the grunt was say, a regular sized Minimate head on some alamgam of parts to for a small body, hence making its helmet regular size for minimates, I can see no end to the uses for that thing. Flood parts could be reused to make... I don't know, tree people? They have very branchy pieces. But yeah, it's probably a really hard sell. But then, even I would probably buy a case of those, especially if Miranda was in there. Or a Scorpion. Mmmmm army dump case with vehicle. Charge me $400. I'll buy it.

Edited by The Geohound

Since it's rare that I get a new release on the MMDB before in-hand pics are posted here, I'll take the opportunity for a little self-promotion.

Spartan Hayabusa (Red) & ODST (Rookie)

fig1380flg.jpgfig1379flg.jpg

Arbiter (Ripa 'Moramee) & Prophet of Mercy

fig1382flg.jpgfig1381flg.jpg

Shipmaster (Rtas 'Vadam) & Brute War Chieftain

fig1384flg.jpgfig1383flg.jpg

Click pics for more turnaround images.

EDIT: Oh, a little tip. Don't try to remove the Elite's helmets like I did. My reattaching attempts have been fruitless so far.

Edited by Ivan

The helmet on this is great because but cutting out the visor you've got the perfect start to a Ryu Hayabusa (like the name!) custom.

See:post-1897-0-63252200-1337573899_thumb.pn

That's awesome! What's the rest of the recipe? I see a Warpath torso...

If i'm right it's:kid deadpool scarf,first appereance ryu hands,warpath torso and random black pants with space boots.

That's awesome! What's the rest of the recipe? I see a Warpath torso...

-Moded Hayabusa helmet (naturally) with a Disney Store Kang set Cap under it (it was the first stern eyebrowed face I found that’s eyes showed through the cut)

-FA Ryu’s gloves

-Kid-Pool’s neck scarf

-Viewtiful Joe’s hanging Scarf (trimmed and glued to his back)

-random black legs

-MAX pilot’s (or Gambit’s, Norman Osborn’s, etc, which ever you can spare) shin guards

-hand ninja’s sword.

-I guess you could glue some kind of knife to is legs or make a more accurate torso decal, but my level of commitment stopped here.

obviously the red pieces need a coat of black paint and the crest painted silver.

If i'm right it's:kid deadpool scarf,first appereance ryu hands,warpath torso and random black pants with space boots.

hot dog! we have a winner!

Edited by dr baghead

if anyone needs the series 4 pm me. I saw them at TRU and scooped them up for someone on the boards here...but they no longer want/need them.

Edited by Webhead

NOOOOO!! I finally got box set four today, and opened it and all the figures are amazing, especially Master Chief. His new boots are fantastic, but in taking the accessories out, I come to find little Cortana is broken off her platform thingy. I didn't notice it earlier, because she was stuck in the tape and thus not rattling around. Must email Customer Service.

Edited by The Geohound

Found this series at TRU today and had to pick up the Cortana set. Very Happy!

Such an awesome set. I really like this MC armor as well. I almost wish all the Spartans shared this look as a base.

NOOOOO!! I finally got box set four today, and opened it and all the figures are amazing, especially Master Chief. His new boots are fantastic, but in taking the accessories out, I come to find little Cortana is broken off her platform thingy. I didn't notice it earlier, because she was stuck in the tape and thus not rattling around. Must email Customer Service.

Can't you just super glue it?

1338169643[/url]' post='228288']
1338003343[/url]' post='228070']

Can't you just super glue it?

I tried, but my oafish fingers seem unable to handle such a delicate task. I'll just have to end up grabbing one of the TRU packs with it, if nothing else.