UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Halo Minimates

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently got the series 5 boxset that comes with the black Hayabusa, and I gotta say the Yellow and Pink Spartans look amazing. They seem even more crisp and detailed than all the other Halos. Yellow and Pink Spartans have become two new favorites that go towards the top of my list. Really, all new minimates have been turning out great. So, much respect and appreciation to DST and Art Asylum. Great Job! I highly recommend getting this set.

I wish Halo could keep going. Maybe if another game gets released we will see more. The Covenant troops all look great and would love to get more of those in different colors as well. I'd love to buy a Halo Weapons pack too, some of the best minimate accessories out there!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have to find mine and check....

The mongoose looks great with mates though! I bought a few of those.

A basic 'Mate will fit in the pod, that I know. Never tried a fully armored Spartan, though. Hmmm.

[edit] Yep, looks like they do:

Spartan in pod.jpg

Not a lot of room for gear, but you can close the hatch. So I guess the right and proper answer is: the scale is way off, but Minimate Spartans will fit in the MegaBloks drop pods.

Edited by Cappy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If any one's TRU is inundated with Series 5, I am looking for multiple packs of the Violet Elites and Prophet/Brute Chieftain. TRU apparently sold out of them, although there are several hundred left of the other 2-packs in this wave, so I am guessing it is an inventory screw-up. PM if you can help.

Edited by youbastards

• 5 weeks later...

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but has anyone seen the Forward Onto Dawn ship play-set? I stumbled across one at my local Toys R Us on Thursday and was immediately drawn to it until I noticed the price tag of over $200.00! It looks cool, but seems really overpriced in my opinion.

Yeah, and they didn't renew it just as Halo is becoming a bigger franchise than it ever was before. Much more of a shoe-in than Battle Beasts in my opinion.

That's an odd comparison. Wasn't really an either-or situation. We didn't say, "Battle Beasts is gonna be bigger than Halo." I would have compared it to another video game license or something, like Tomb Raider. Although I don't see how Halo could possibly be a bigger franchise than it was.

I have to ask you Zach, does it ever make you guys jealous at DST that Funko is able to get so many licenses for so many genres?

Jealous? Not me, personally. Not all of their licenses would support a full Minimates line, or even lend themselves to the style. And we could probably GET most of the licenses they do -- the problem is paying for them! They do have excellent distribution that we don't. We'd have to sell a lot of Minimates to pay for a Wizard of Oz or Michael Jackson license, I'd imagine.

I have to ask you Zach, does it ever make you guys jealous at DST that Funko is able to get so many licenses for so many genres?

Jealous? Not me, personally. Not all of their licenses would support a full Minimates line, or even lend themselves to the style. And we could probably GET most of the licenses they do -- the problem is paying for them! They do have excellent distribution that we don't. We'd have to sell a lot of Minimates to pay for a Wizard of Oz or Michael Jackson license, I'd imagine.

My wife has offered to buy a ton of Wizard of Oz and Michael Jackson minimates, if that helps.

Maybe the new Sam Raimi "Oz the Great and Powerful" movie can be a cheaper license?

The halo licence has expired but is there a chance to renew it someday?The halo games will continue till the 9th installment.I would go for it again.The forerunners are interesting enough.I'm tracking down all the warthogs and stuff that i missed now and halo is easily one of the best minimate lines.

The future are the video game lines in my opinion.If you could get back halo and get the licence for Assassin's creed you would be golden!

Edited by Kostisfire

Just an FYI for those looking to pick up any Halo mates at TRU: they are included in the current Halo sale for 25% off. I snagged some extra officers and Red/Blue packs for $5.25 each. My TRU also had the Reach Hog sets for $20.

Not sure if i broke any rules here, let's hope i didn't. Wished for Halo 4 minimates, so i did some photoshop work just to imagine how it will kinda looks like.

post-6457-0-78029900-1352355255_thumb.pn

Edited by Ryme

The halo licence has expired but is there a chance to renew it someday?The halo games will continue till the 9th installment.I would go for it again.The forerunners are interesting enough.I'm tracking down all the warthogs and stuff that i missed now and halo is easily one of the best minimate lines.

The future are the video game lines in my opinion.If you could get back halo and get the licence for Assassin's creed you would be golden!

I don't foresee it happening. And we've got a lot of video game stuff right now, and we're always looking at more.

I don't foresee it happening. And we've got a lot of video game stuff right now, and we're always looking at more.

Well,I'm glad to know that you are interested in more video game licences. As for halo,we've already got a lot of characters so no harm done. I'll make my own chief and other important characters. To the custom cave!