UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Halo Minimates

The playscape is a disappointment especially as I paid top whack for it when it came out,it lacks paint & detail & is very bland. I'll build it back up perhaps & show you but there is little to get excited about. It would benefit from a small amount of paint/customising I guess but I'm a lazy sod & it is unlikely to happen anytime soon. I was swayed into buying it from the advertising pics & TBH I have a load of cheaply-bought-off-ebay Mega Blok bases & set-ups that look magnificent with Minimates which were infinitely better value .....look out for the Mega Fire & Ice (Whatever) sets which are exceptional & all but given away on UK ebay . I'll sort a few out & show them here somewhere & you can tell me if I'm wrong :thumbsup:

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To whom it may concern.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11873303

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11873293

I'm actually thinking about getting a pair (of these) and letting them be my first foray into Halo Mates.

I was looking at those at my local toys r us,but the price tag is a bit to high for me at the moment

P.S:These warthogs are in Canada

• 4 months later...

When does the new series actually come out? :confused:

Pretty sure boxed set 4 is coming out any week now.

[begin rant]

I gotta say, overall, I'm really sad how this line was handled. I was ecstatic when it was announced, but only have a warthog and about 4 or so figs in my collection. Halo has such a huge universe and has more to it than Spartan armor variants which is all I see in this line besides the occasional alien. I would have been able to bear the variants if they would have been packed with unique guns but there's only been 8 weapons made and repacked so far. I really wish they would have made another vehicle rather than 6 warthogs as well. Ghost, wraith, banshee, mongoose, scorpion all would have been amazing.

[End of rant]

Edited by Punisher

[begin rant]

I gotta say, overall, I'm really sad how this line was handled. I was ecstatic when it was announced, but only have a warthog and about 4 or so figs in my collection. Halo has such a huge universe and has more to it than Spartan armor variants which is all I see in this line besides the occasional alien. I would have been able to bear the variants if they would have been packed with unique guns but there's only been 8 weapons made and repacked so far. I really wish they would have made another vehicle rather than 6 warthogs as well. Ghost, wraith, banshee, mongoose, scorpion all would have been amazing.

[End of rant]

Would have? Is the line over !? :blink:

[begin rant]

[End of rant]

Sorry we had to scrap the Scorpion. We had big plans for the end of this year, but they were not to be. Do you count all of the new guns in the Noble Team vehicle sets in your tally? Pretty sure that's the only place you can get the sniper rifle and shotgun (so far).

Only place to get the cool chrome shotgun, but the Spartan Scout and Jackal Major pack came with a shotgun too. Less flashy, but I like it.

R.I.P. Scorpion. There shall never be a love like we could have had. Alas, what was not meant to be...

Edited by The Geohound

[begin rant]

[End of rant]

Sorry we had to scrap the Scorpion. We had big plans for the end of this year, but they were not to be. Do you count all of the new guns in the Noble Team vehicle sets in your tally? Pretty sure that's the only place you can get the sniper rifle and shotgun (so far).

Whoops I forgot about those two. I'm gonna group the rifles and shotguns from reach with the regular versions so we got:

Assault Rifle

Shotgun

Battle Rifle

Sniper Rifle

Magnum

Brute Spiker

Plasma Rifle

Beam Rifle

Sword

Gravity Hammer

Off by two :blush:

This is probably a dumb thing to ask now, as it's too late, but I wonder if the ODST Rookie is going to come with the silenced SMG or suppressed Magnum. Most likely not, but still, would be awesome.

And just for the record, if he DID come with either one of those (let alone both) I would absolutely buy a dozen.

Edited by The Geohound

I dunno, Punisher, the Marksman Rifle and Tactical Shotgun are pretty different from their predecessors. So is the updated Assault Rifle. And don't forget the Heavy Machine Gun!

This is probably a dumb thing to ask now, as it's too late, but I wonder if the ODST Rookie is going to come with the silenced SMG or suppressed Magnum. Most likely not, but still, would be awesome.

The ODST Rookie/Hayabusa comes with a Battle Rifle and what looks like a M7S Caseless Submachine Gun. That's a Rookie weapon, right? Is that new? Pretty sure it is. Aside from Master Chief's mini Cortana, the rest of the Series is pretty standard: assault rifle, two swords and a gravity hammer.

Four-pack is largely weaponless (assault rifle and mini-Cortana only).

If it comes with an SMG, that's good enough for me. And it is new. There's no SMGs out there. So now I have to buy a whole bunch. If it doesn't have the silencer on it, that's less of a big deal. I can find a small black tube thing to glue to the end of it and make one, but I can't just make an SMG body. Thanks for the info Zach. Also, Keyes doesn't come with a pistol? Drat. Oh well, it's not like he keeps it loaded.

Also really looking forward to getting Shipmaster Rtas Vadum. That guy's my favorite. Does his face have missing mandibles?

Edited by The Geohound

I dunno, Punisher, the Marksman Rifle and Tactical Shotgun are pretty different from their predecessors. So is the updated Assault Rifle. And don't forget the Heavy Machine Gun!

Alright, you got me. :D

Either way, I wish there was more to this line, BUT Battle Beasts and Walking Dead will sure make up for it.

If it comes with an SMG, that's good enough for me. And it is new. There's no SMGs out there. So now I have to buy a whole bunch. If it doesn't have the silencer on it, that's less of a big deal. I can find a small black tube thing to glue to the end of it and make one, but I can't just make an SMG body. Thanks for the info Zach. Also, Keyes doesn't come with a pistol? Drat. Oh well, it's not like he keeps it loaded.

Also really looking forward to getting Shipmaster Rtas Vadum. That guy's my favorite. Does his face have missing mandibles?

SMG (Submachine Gun, not Sarah Michelle Gellar) has a silencer on it. And Rtas Vadam has a missing mandible. Check and check.

SMG (Submachine Gun, not Sarah Michelle Gellar) has a silencer on it. And Rtas Vadam has a missing mandible. Check and check.

http://www.facebook....09671671&type=1

Thank you. Those are perfect. I must have them NOW!!

Man, if SMG DID stand for Sarah Michelle Gellar, and still had a silencer...

Edited by The Geohound