UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Halo Minimates

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Elite packs are up on TRUs site here & here. I have to admit I'm thankful there are no new mates in the packs so I can pass on these, but I guess they're cool if you didn't get them the first time around.

Thanks for the heads up on this, while I don't collect Halo for the mates I do for the vehicles, I will have to find someone to hook me up with these bad boys, luckily I should be able to resell the mates to recover part of the costs lol

Jeff of the Miniacs

They seem to be, at least at my TRUs. The first, basic Warthog didn't fly off the pegs but sold through rather quickly. It never hit clearance like the Hunter-Killer/Stealth-Jet did. The more recent Rocket Warthog with Red Spartan is moving a bit slower. I don't doubt it will sell out though.

I don't know about these new box sets. I'd pass on them if I didn't have my 'affliction'. My guess is that they're aimed at Christmas shopping parents that see more value in a Vehicle+3 than a Vehicle+1, even if it is $10 more. I've stopped trying to predict the behavior of those folks. :)

Ok, so like a good drone I picked up the new Elite sets from TRU.com when they were briefly available.

After much comparison with the prior release of the Noble Team figures, I can safely say that the figures themselves are identical to the initial release.

There are a few differences with the weapons:

Emile and Jun are now properly decked out with their game accurate shotgun and sniper rifle!

Halo01.jpg

Jorge's heavy machine gun is a different color, more metallic grey than black:

Halo02.jpg

The new GaussHog:

GaussHog.jpg

Closer shot of the new weapons:

NewGuns.jpg

Like Ivan said, I can't reason how the new price structure works for these sets, but as a TRU exclusive you don't have much choise if you want them. These are great for new collectors, and just different enough for the completists to have to pony up $50.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Local TRU had both sets of the Halo Reach figures with Warthog today. Bought the one with Noble 6, Emile, and Jorge since I don't have them, but also because of the differently equpped Warthog. I MAY get the other one if still around eventually. We'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really hoping that we get some Flood before the line ends. Mega Bloks finally introduced Flood in their newest sets, and they provide parts to turn UNSC marines into infected soldiers, I would like to see DST do something similar. An Army Dump set featuring Flood and UNSC Marines would be a great seller!

So I don't know if this is news or not because I don't do Halo Minimates (I still can't believe it myself) but I found a large Halo Warthog set at TRU yesterday for $25. It had 3 mates from Reach (The only one I know is Kat) and some guns and the warthog, and it was a big big box. Like I said, don't know if that's newsworthy or not. Is the Warthog new or something?

The cool thing is, if it sells good, it's probably the format they could use for the APC.

So I don't know if this is news or not because I don't do Halo Minimates (I still can't believe it myself) but I found a large Halo Warthog set at TRU yesterday for $25. It had 3 mates from Reach (The only one I know is Kat) and some guns and the warthog, and it was a big big box. Like I said, don't know if that's newsworthy or not. Is the Warthog new or something?

The cool thing is, if it sells good, it's probably the format they could use for the APC.

Scroll up, TM2. That's one of the Halo Reach boxed sets -- there are two and each comes with half the team. One of the Warthogs is new -- it has a Gauss cannon -- but the other is the classic model. A lot of the weapons are new, as well -- sniper rifle, shotgun, etc.

Not sure the APC wil need the larger packaging. I BELIEVE it fits into the standard Vehicles packaging. But we are definitely going to have some vehicles coming up that need the larger packaging. The Halo Scorpion Tank may need it, but there are others in development, as well.

Cool, thanks for the info. Really looking forward to what you guys have in store for this license, but we need Flood to infect our Spartans!!!!

I really like how MegaBloks handled the Flood for their line, they included extra pieces that you can use on your existing UNSC/Covenant to turn them into infected, we will still need unique molds for different types of Flood, but having some extra pieces like this in each 2-pack and boxset would be really cool, and turn all of the packs into potential army builders.

2816912-web_preview.png

For some reason I bought the Mega Halo Elephant a few weeks back but it's still in its box waiting for some energy from me .

Check out the video at the bottom of this link http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11847406 & you'll get some idea of its size ,trust me when I say that most of the Halo Mega stuff I've bought are easily modified for Minimates & there can't be too much to worry about with this monster.

Wow, that is cool, must be one of the newer sets, I haven't seen that in person yet.

I need to break down and pick up some more of these...

TRU has Buy 2, get 3rd for $1 on all Halo Mega Bloks ... must resist... :(

Rob - what was your opionion on that 'playscape' they released? Do you have any pix you can share?