UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Halo Minimates

I ordered a set as well the other day. I should get them today. I've had enough of the Active camo figures already. A slightly different blue elite was just lazy. I don't mind more spartans, but I'd like to see some more interesting colors and armors. Minimates seem like a great format for a red vs blue capture the flag set. The Reach figures have great details, and the marine is one of my favorite minimates of all time, yet this line does seem a little boring. I am really looking forward to the two new Warthogs though. I really wish they would make enough red and blue spartans to fill them.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really looking forward to the two new Warthogs though. I really wish they would make enough red and blue spartans to fill them.

i am too! i think that red guy looks really cool, and i wish we could see more red guys.

I ordered a set as well the other day. I should get them today. I've had enough of the Active camo figures already. A slightly different blue elite was just lazy. I don't mind more spartans, but I'd like to see some more interesting colors and armors. Minimates seem like a great format for a red vs blue capture the flag set. The Reach figures have great details, and the marine is one of my favorite minimates of all time, yet this line does seem a little boring. I am really looking forward to the two new Warthogs though. I really wish they would make enough red and blue spartans to fill them.

I got my Wave 2 set and would have to agree that DST is making this line boring. Where are the red/orange/yellow spartans? Hayabussa armor? ODST? ONI? Cortana?

Also, the lack of variety in the weapons is frustrating. Jun is a sniper and does he come with his sniper rifle?? Nope. :verymad:

Thankfully Brickarms weapons are available.

Dang, you just answered my question. How could they not do a sniper rifle for Jun?

I'm guessing it's due to budgeting issues for the wave, however this is the same company that shows the correct "gold" color on the spartan visors in all promo pictures and prototype displays but then the final product is the wrong color.

• 2 weeks later...

I highly recommend the LEGO Brickarms HCSR for Jun's sniper rifle. I believe it is based on the sniper rifle design from Halo.

Also, it's in scale with minimates and all you need to do is trim down the handle so it fits in a minimate hand.

I was just saying Jun should have come with a sniper rifle (his signature weapon in Reach) instead of a regular rifle. Bucky comes with one that works pretty well in a pinch, although it's still a bit short-feeling for a sniper rifle.

Yeah, I think Emile should have come with a shotgun as well. I'm bored with all the plain assault rifles.

Time for a new Halo vehicle, DST!

Only if they can top the Warthog. Easily the best Minimate vehicle produced thus far.

I do like that they've dropped their claim that it can accomodate 6 figures, though.

Edited by God Magnus

The Warthog with missile launcher is already sold out on TRU.com. Mine should be in today's mail and I'll try and get pics up tonight (although it's going to look a lot like the others I'm sure).

SHOOT how did I miss that this was available to order...I don't care for the Halo mates but I love these vehicles and they are a big addition to my collection!

Jeff of the Miniacs