UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Halo Minimates

I've got a taste of what it must be like for you long-suffering TRU.com users over the last few days in my hunt for a cheap Halo Mega Blok Pelican . One of our largest national supermarket chains have an online store which sells toys & they are offering this at half-price although it continually shows that it is out of stock. It invites you to leave your email address & when it is in stock they will email me which they do .....the email arrives at 6.00 a.m. :angry: ....by the time I get to see it they are out of stock. I then repeat the process & sure enough, they email me again at 6.00 a.m. by which time they are out of stock.....maddening but you've got to laugh :angry:

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

So boxset 2 is available this week?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item51986d5834

This seller has to be jumping the gun. DST just unveiled final packaging pics for these on March 16th. Then there's the standard 6 week wait after that. I think this guy is just trying to capitalize on impatient buyers.

• 3 weeks later...

Mega Bloks have released a Battlescape for their Halo figures & although I know that some of their kits are incompatible with Minimates this most definitely is,it looks pretty spectacular (OK....quite good )from the pictures I've seen.

you gonna cough up a link to these pictures?

please ;)

Jeff of the Miniacs

I saw the BattleScape at Target today, and at $40 I have to say I was underwhelmed. I like the idea behid it, but the lack of holes on the majority of Halo 'mates feet coupled with the $40 price tag was enough to discourage me from buying.

I wish I'd read your post before ordering mine :(

:sad:

Let me add a few more comments about the Battlescape, the idea of a customizable scenery is great, and from the pix on the back of the box, you can combine multiple sets into one large scene, which is also a great idea!

If they were to release more Battlescapes with varying terrain and scenes that you can combine together, that would really help sell this. I would love to have a generic "cityscape" or various "naturescapes" like snow, forest, desert, etc.

Although I have numerous Mega Blok sets I had never bought anything 'new' until this week....the battlescape & the Pelican drop-ship,the latter was a cheap ebay deal. I can see nothing at all that I can comment on positively with any Mega Blok (MB)figure....sorry but that is the way it is & that's my personal opinion. Sorry...."they're sh*t" is my personal opinion. The kits however are amazing & although I keep plugging them those MB ships are going to be 'grails' when the Max Pirates are launched . I'm still filling my boots with another MB line at the moment which is comparatively cheap on the secondary market until word gets out. :whistling:

Thanks for the honesty yb I can ask no more.

The ships are composed of some large pieces,that's true, & they do need some help with glue but penny for performance they are awesome. I realised way back that US prices are extortionate compared to what they cost (generally) here in the UK.....not a lot. I have a 'Flying Dutchman' that sits casually in my cave & I guarantee that anybody who sees it says...Wow! These things are a yard long :ohmy:

My kids had a number of the Castle sets with the landscape plates as well as the POTC sets (most of which we bought on clearance) - sadly, megabloks do not secure as well as lego and we often had issues with bases disintegrating, unless they were built on a solid piece of wood. too many of the megabloks pieces have sporadic placement of the connecting points to be of much use. Not sure that that I'd bother buying any more sets, given how unusable they are compared to lego

Although I have numerous Mega Blok sets I had never bought anything 'new' until this week....the battlescape & the Pelican drop-ship,the latter was a cheap ebay deal. I can see nothing at all that I can comment on positively with any Mega Blok (MB)figure....sorry but that is the way it is & that's my personal opinion. Sorry...."they're sh*t" is my personal opinion. The kits however are amazing & although I keep plugging them those MB ships are going to be 'grails' when the Max Pirates are launched . I'm still filling my boots with another MB line at the moment which is comparatively cheap on the secondary market until word gets out. :whistling:

Thanks for the honesty yb I can ask no more.

I agree with you about the MB figs. How do you keep your MB sets together?

My nephew is way into Halo, and I got him the first warthog set and another ship. He never opened the second one because his warthog was always falling apart.

That would probably make some pretty interesting BBQ, but isn't what you look for in a toy, huh?

I bought several of the MB Iron Man sets recently and am using them to make a custom Hall of Armors. I didn't really how badly made these things were and how little they hold together. I've sat down 2 or 3 times to start and get so frustrated I just give up and walk away.

Edited by groundhog7s