UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Halo Minimates

I'd love some of those Mega Bloks Halo ships .....just saying ;) They are available here but the prices ,as always,are prohibitive.....I love them but not that much :D

There's a store in Michigan called Meijer, it's comparable to Walmart or Target. The have a clearance store that sell's their overstock, and right now they have the MegaBlocks warthog, and gremlin #1 on sale for 10 dollars a piece. They also have a bunch of the smaller sets in stock for 4.50 a piece. I'm in the process of building the warthog together right now (brings back memories, of brick clicking).

Actually they fit pretty well with the covenant brute chopper I bought the other day, and I'll let you know how they look on the warthog when I finish building it...

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've passed the point of almost not caring whether they're compatible ,those things are.....wait for it....awesome :D I've found that C3 cockpits from virtually any set are very very useful in the customising process with Lego sets so I reckon I'll have to have one (or two) of these .

I find the Mega Blok figures very useful for kindling.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Minimates are almost twice the size of the Megabloks figures. There's no way they'd work with the vehicles.

Ummm.... no?

Crisis%20of%20Spartans.jpg

Also, MegaBloks tends to overscale the proportions on their vehicles, it's almost like they design them with Minimates in mind. Adjusting shouldn't be too difficult, although I haven't tried it with any of the Halo vehicles... yet.

TENIME_art, you're probably remembering the previous generation Lego-like figures. They were much smaller.

Edited by Cappy

I picked up the Pelican on clearance at Walmart ($40) and it works okay w/ minimates. Minimates will fit in the Mega Bloks seats, so long as the do not have their leg armor on. Which isn't a huge deal, since you wouldn't normally be seeing the legs anyway.

No, I was thinking Megabloks, but I don't have any here at work, so I was going off of my crappy memory.

And, no, the Minimates will not fit into most of the closed cockpits (the Gremlin might be the exception). That I've tried. They're too big. Heck, the Megabloks figures themselves barely fit into cockpits like the Locust/Banshee or the Hawk.

No, I was thinking Megabloks, but I don't have any here at work, so I was going off of my crappy memory.

Which is why you should always carry one of each block figure with you at all times. Okay, at least the mainstream four.... :P

I can tell you that Minimates do fit in the ODST drop pods, even a fully armored Spartan. (Not to mention hapless blanks...) Which is great, because the drop pods are the coolest Minimate vehicle released in 2010!

I appreciate the information & I admit I was surprised at Tenime's initial post but no worries ;) . I knew for certain that the Mega Pirates ships were perfect scale & as Cappy rightly said look as if they were made for Minimates . There is another line of Mega Blok sets that I'm currently scouring for (second- hand) which are absolutely brilliant for virtually any Minimate line but I'm keeping schtum until I've got a couple of sets. The Pelican is now a must & I'd love some pics Onyx_6 (poetry!) .

My opinion on Halo Minimates ? They have a certain 'something' & must be marvellous if you're into the game & want to go army building . They're also quite innovative & the QC seems better than some stuff I've been seeing lately .

I'm always insistent about my probably irrelevant feelings about Minimate vehicles which are by now obvious but let's just say that when my Mega Bloks Pirate ships were on display in the house :ohmy: everybody* that saw them marvelled at them especially as the Ghostbusters Minimates characters were in action onboard. The reaction was truly amazing .

*friends & acquaintances who normally dismiss my passion as an illness that they don't talk about :yes:

Yeah, I noticed that too with the Halo 'mates, I think only the UNSC Soldier and Sgt Johnson have the C3 feet.

I hope it isn't a sign of them going away all together. :(

I don't think it's been specifically mentioned in regards to Halo though, so don't worry, the party is just starting. :)

Now that you have spent some time with the Halo 'mates, what are your thoughts?

Edited by youbastards

I struggle with the characters' names (obviously)............more importantly I wonder if they are the possible reason why we don't have Halo Mega-Blok figures & Halo kubricks ? :P

The 'clear guy' I specifically mentioned doesn't work for me & I can now see why you guys are doing 'the wash' ...I can cope with that one & I'll have a go myself. Overall I like them & I can begin to understand their appeal but I fail to understand them in the same way I understand for example Marvel & Ghostbusters . To me they immediately suggest same character different colour rather than soldier or Sgt.Johnson. We'll (I'll) see when we get a few more characters .

Back to the feet ,it's odd that they've changed the feet & I can't really see why they've done it? Minimates without the C3 feet are a pain in the butt to display as you well know.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Wow, the 2 Halo sets still available on TRU.com are already marked down to $3.98.

Master Chief & The Arbiter

Noble 6 & Jorge

These sold out FAST in all of the local stores I visit, and haven't been restocked for over a month. Can anyone confirm that these are the in-store prices too?

i went to my local store yesterday and they had all minimates except the marvel ones (and the only ones they had of them were the fantastic four series and the stiltman packs) on clearence. there was a $4.98 tag for the halo mates but it was empty and the only thing i found halo-wise was the warthog for $9.98. i managaed to get the MAX special ops set for $3.98 while the smokejumpers were $4.98 too :D

I haven't figured out the clearance thing at TRU yet. Last time I was in there, the MAX vehicles, BSG, and Iron Man 2 were all on clearance, along with the Warthog.

I go in today, and Iron Man 2 and the Warthog are no longer on clearance. Not sure if the Warthog was clearanced by mistake thinking it was part of the other vehicle line, or what.