UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Halo Minimates

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they really ship it on the 22nd, it'll be at my house by the 24th. But having said that, I'm only a few hours away from the Distribution Center they ship my stuff from. It's hard to believe that 2 days is enough time to damage, mispack and poorly pack product and still get it there quickly.

Of course, finding the product on their eBay account here sure does throw some doubt in there...

Edited by groundhog7s

I recall, years ago ,getting my single-packed Cylons & literally blowing a gasket because "the f*ckers have swapped out the short-packed 'Battle-Damaged ' f*ckers" :angry: . I was totally convinced that I was the victim of some nefarious scam & it was only later that I was just about able to discern the 'battle-damage' on the BD versions :rolleyes:

This has been par for the course with virtually everything we've seen damaged & muddy in further single packs , the BSG ships & Max vehicles . The differences are very very subtle although a decent photographer (anybody other then me :D ) may succeed.

Nice pics link-do you have the TRU version to do any side by side shots?

Unfortunately not. It didn't really seem to necassasary to me since I ordered this one, but now that I think about it I might go back and pick it up because I also want to see if they got the halo reach pack back in stock

I do appreciate the difference between the original release of these sets and everyone's 'washed' versions. I am thinking I might attempt this myself, but I am not sure how to do it. Can anyone who has done this with success share their techniques? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

I do appreciate the difference between the original release of these sets and everyone's 'washed' versions. I am thinking I might attempt this myself, but I am not sure how to do it. Can anyone who has done this with success share their techniques? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

I just did my first wash ever last night (on Master Chief - pics soon). Citadel makes washes, you can buy them pre-mixed. Otherwise, I believe it's, like, 6 parts water + 1 part paint, or something? It's gotta be super watered down. Then, you just paint over the whole thing, and the wash sorta runs off & into the cracks & crevices, and when it dries, it looks all dirty & battle-worn. It's the coolest thing! :biggrin:

I used some black acrylic paint from Wal-mart, heavily watered down and brushed on the figures. I'd say Tenime's about right on the proportions, you want a lot more water than paint in the mix. Also had some paper towel handy to soak up the extra from spots where too much pooled. It's really easy to do, and worst case if it doesn't look right you have a little bit of time where you should be able to wash it all off and start over.

thanks for the "how to" on wash! those mates look awesome. i will try to get over to my local hobby store and check for the wash.

also my tru got restocked with halo minimates! 4 full shelves of halo minimates! my tru has never had SO many minimates. it was beautiful.

finally anyone excited about tomorrow's release of the LCS halo minimates. mine is ordering the troop builders and the 4 pack there goes my Hannukah money :/

i got the same scenareo last night but only one of 4 i ordered and my other 3 are on back order then i saw my shipping wasthe full amount from the original order -i got a little mad to say the least so i called them around midnight last night and the lady told me after being on hold for 40 minutes that toys r us, is bound by law that they cannot pull more off your debit-credit then what you autherized initially - so i asked her -So the rest of my order is going to ship for free? she told me yes sinse there charging me 20.00 to ship 6 minimate packs all the shipping upfront- I was worried about being hit again as well

I just got my shipping notice for two of the packs as well.

Also, the comic shop 4-pack and Army Builders are arriving today. :)

I am curious to see pics of these sets, especially the singles

I am on the fence with the Halo stuff...dont play the games, but the mates look nice...I will get the warthogs, including the newly announced Arctic one(should make for some fun pics here in the winter) and may get the marines since they can sub for various soldiers but not sure about the actual armored characters or other characters

Jeff of the Miniacs

...I will get the warthogs, including the newly announced Arctic one(should make for some fun pics here in the winter) ...

Jeff of the Miniacs

When or where did they announce an Arctic version of the Warthog? How did I miss this? :ohmy:

...I will get the warthogs, including the newly announced Arctic one(should make for some fun pics here in the winter) ...

Jeff of the Miniacs

When or where did they announce an Arctic version of the Warthog? How did I miss this? :ohmy:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=168&itemid=16696

being that it is winter like at least 5 months of the year here I am pumped for this since it'll fit into outdorr pics so nicey...always had fun with my winter/snow themed GI Joes and vehicles when I was a kid

Jeff of the Miniacs