UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Halo Minimates

I've spent some time with all of these now, and I have to say, other than the enemy-lacking selection, these are great! I'm not a huge fan of bulky Minimates, but these were designed and executed perfectly....other than Jorge's inability to carry his weapon. I hate when toy manufactures pack an accessory that is obviously not going to be carried due to the constraints of the figure's pose-ability. They could have at least placed a standard "handle" somewhere on the weapon to help him hold it, or made some type of plug-in ability on the back of his armor....

The 2 changes I would like to see with the next wave:

- More weapons per pack. There are lots of really great weapons in the games, there needs to be more options per figure.

- More enemies!!! Each 2-pack should contain 1 UNSC and 1 Covenant.

Edited by youbastards

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI to everyone in the Chicagoland area both Downers Grove stores have them.

The one on Butterfield only had one Master Chief pack & one Reach pack as of 2pm yesterday. They're gone, now, naturally.

I stopped in at the Bloomingdale store this morning on the way to work (thank the gods for Holiday Hours!), and found a crapload of those two, and only one of each of the Johnson & Camo packs. Grabbed them both.

Still hoping to find more Camo packs.

Couldn't afford the Warthog just yet, and I really hate the green on the Spartan in the TRU version, anyways. I'll get it just because I'm a frakking Minimate completist, but...ick.

I can do pics of the 8 when I get home from work tonight. Since someone else already posted pics of Arbiter deconstructed, I ain't touchin' mine. D@mn helmet took forever to stay on without popping the head off. I do not want to tempt fate.

Thanks for the pics!

I went to TRU today, and they had a peg out but no mates, so I asked a worker to scan the tag to see if they had them in back. Well, they are apparently on the floor, but after searching every aisle/end cap in the action figure and lego section, they're either hidden, or lost in translation. Oh well, maybe next time.

crap we hav not even seen them yet on the far west coast -called today and the likleyhood for this week is good though.I actually have a friend that works there it dosn't do to much for me but i can say the computer says 2000 units our on order for our regin so thats good news but thats northern california oregon and washington i just want to get my grubby fingers on a few of them!!

I'm gonna give Master Chief a black wash, and paint the number on his chest from Halo: Legends -

halolegendsthepackagept1.jpg

...to differentiate him from any other green Spartans we get. I'm also gonna do the same thing on one of my green Megabloks Spartans (the MB sets are behind my Minimates, if you can see them in the group pic).

I've been thinking of doing "Leet", too:

halo-spartan-1337.jpg

:lol:

I haven't actually received any of these yet & reserve the right to comment & I could so easily Google 'Halo' & find the pasteurised answer but what is the deal with Halo ? I'm not joking or leading you in .....I have no concept of what it is all about & I'd appreciate a concise appreciation of what they are all about ! Any help would be appreciated.

Ok where to start......

Halo: Combat Evolved was released in 2000/2001 right as X-Box was launched. The game was a HUGE success, the most successful first person shooter since pretty much Doom. Without Halo, X-Box wouldn't have been have ever gotten popular, IMO. Halo WAS the reason to have an X-Box and was the reason to play through X-Box live. Then Halo 2 came out in 2004, and was the best selling game on the X-Box platform. It was the best selling and most played game from Microsoft until Gears of War came out TWO years later. In 2007 Halo 3 came out, and sold 8 million copies in 4 months, and was the best selling game of 2007 (despite the fact it was released in the end of September of 2007). Since then there have been three more games: Halo Wars, Halo: ODST, and Halo Reach. All 6 games are all highly rated/critically acclaimed.

The universe of Halo is one of the reasons to it's success. Each game has an excellently written story, and there's also books and such that fleshes out the universe even more.

"Halo" is a huge ring-like space station that is attacked by the Covenant, the alien armies conquering human dominated planets.

I can go on forver, but I suggest you just read up on Wikipedia :D

I picked up every set except the Marine and ODST one the other day and I gotta say that I was impressed with the work on these. They're the right blend of detail, bulk, and articulation.

I haven't actually received any of these yet & reserve the right to comment & I could so easily Google 'Halo' & find the pasteurised answer but what is the deal with Halo ? I'm not joking or leading you in .....I have no concept of what it is all about & I'd appreciate a concise appreciation of what they are all about ! Any help would be appreciated.

It's a videogame series that pretty much defined the modern first person shooter in terms of what it brought to the table from a technical standpoint and it has the distinction of being the first console game that was considered "must have" for it's online gameplay. In terms of plot the franchise is set in the mid 26th century and focuses on a massive war between Mankind and this religious organization of aliens known as the Covenant. That's a basic run-though if you wanna go deeper, there's a Wikipedia for Halo that goes into insane detail and can answer any questions about individual characters. The games have great gameplay (something just feels right when you fire your weapon in the games and the Online is a blast when you disable the voice chat) and the storyline borrows and sorta plays around with different Sci-Fi elements and conventions in a fun way.

What's funny is, I don't own an XBox, and won't unless it's free or ridiculously cheap; and I really don't like FPSs. :lol:

I just really like the look of the characters & vehicles, and really enjoy the story. shrugshoulders.gif

I have never played any of the halo's. bought all teh minimates. they are just cool.

I have every Halo Megablok set made, a few McFarlane figures, the Minimates, a graphic novel, and the anime blu-ray, Legends.

I'm not a huge video game fan anyways, and even if I owned one of the games & the system to play them on, I still wouldn't play any of them as much as I would get into the other media/merchandise.

I've been having problems with my current custom WIP, so I did a quick repaint of the Arbiter into a Silver Elite.

I don't know why DST decided to release the first villain for the line in such a drab and boring color scheme... <_<

silverelite.jpg

The Arbiter is actually a good guy, and his armor IS gold in Halo 3 (at least that's the way McFarlane portrayed it too), so that would be why.

EDIT: Looking at some pics, it is definitely silver in game. Why are all the freaking toys making him gold then?

Edited by Deadpool

.......I could so easily Google 'Halo' & find the pasteurised answer but what is the deal with Halo ?

"Halo" is a huge ring-like space station that is attacked by the Covenant, the alien armies conquering human dominated planets.

I can go on forver, but I suggest you just read up on Wikipedia :D

Well thanks for all that info, I'm really up to speed now :rolleyes:

Edited by buttheadsmate

Ancient beings called Forerunners ruled the galaxy with advanced technology.

Then came The Flood - a parasite that infests sentient life & turns them into zombie-like reanimates.

The Forerunners build seven high-tech rings in space, called Halos.

The Halos wiped out all sentient life, starving The Flood.

Eons later, the Forerunners' robots rebooted life with stored genetic samples.

In the 26th century, humanity colonizes a bunch of different planets, but a civil war breaks out between the inner & outer colonies.

The UNSC (United Nations Space Command) creates supersoldiers known as Spartans to bring an end to the war.

A few years into it, humanity gets attacked by a group of aliens who are like one big religious cult, but it's made up of a bunch of different species, called The Covenant.

The war between the UNSC & the Covenant starts, and the threat of The Flood pops back up, sometimes causing both sides to have to unite against it.

Edited by TENIME_art

He had silver armor in Halo 2, and gold armor in Halo 3, but that still doesn't explain why they painted his armor brown... :ermm:

You're right, he does eventually

redeem himself in Halo 3

but I'm pretty sure DST is marketing him as the villain in TRU series 1.

actually these are halo 3 mates so the arbiter is a good guy oh and nice painting that looks like the halo wars arbiter sry im a huge halo fan it the second thing that i collect religously besides minimates

BTW i just realized that no one has posted pics of the comic store warthog (the Muddy one) and that also means we dont have a villan yet the second boxset will be the first bad guys in the halo mates (brute and jackel)

actually these are halo 3 mates so the arbiter is a good guy

The packaging doesn't identify a specific sequel:

pack0766f_lg.jpg

except for Reach:

pack0764f_lg.jpg

Using this "Arbiter is a good guy" logic, I guess Darth Vader is considered a "good guy" through the original Star Wars trilogy because he redeems himself in the final 15 minutes of Jedi?