UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Halo Minimates

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh man im dying to see some broke down pics of these guys- I want to see faces and whats under the armor bad is anybody out there willing to upload some pics :)

Seeing how those who have gotten theirs, have been along the east coast, and I for one live on the east coast as well, it would only make sense for me to go check out TRU this weekend, or even friday. If I am successful, my pictures posted will show proof.

So no access to a camera, but i can describe the pieces for now:

ALL T-crotches for these don't exist. They are I-crotches. Lots of Sculpted parts for upper arms, but luckily the still retain Minimate-y shape, hands are also full-glove pieces but still look like something like Nova's gauntlets. Boots, Helmets, and Torsos are slip-ons.

Arbiter is where things get weird. I-crotch, sculpted parts and the like, sure. But the boots are angled for the animalistic sort of stance. Hard to balance. The HEAD though is insane; the back/base piece is entirely separate that connects to the torso block and the back of a very small, half-minimate-head. On top of this connects a helmet physically impossible to line-up correctly (Arbiter's face is crooked like the proto pics, and the sculpted pieces can't be turned without falling to pieces) and it falls off with a twist of the head.

The minimates and the Warthog look FANTASTIC, but the ingenuity is very fascinating and was worth stating.

Just heard from Diamond that the Series 1 4-pack and the army builder cases are pushed back to December 29th. The specialty shop Warthog will likely be next week. It is unfortunate that these could not make it in time for Christmas. I am going to have a lot of canceled orders!

Can't let the specialty stores get stuff before it's been out at TRU for a good couple of weeks...

Exactly... I think its pretty clear who comes first these days.

Is that the ship date for wave 37 master cases too, or are those still a few weeks later?

Correct - our god cases will ship approximately 10 days after the standard release, as we get those from a different supplier.

I probably missed this somewhere but is the TRU warthog different from the other release?(if so how? battle damage or some such?)

I believe the TRU one is clean where as the comic release is muddy. I think they come with the same Spartan though. At least that is what I recall from the blog pictures.

My TRU did not have any new mates today. The woman was nice about lookingthem up for me and told me to try calling again since they are getting daily shipments for the holiday season.