UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Halo Minimates

New pics of the Halo minimates are up at bbts.com including the first look at the Elite.

The warthog with spartan is suprisingly cheap. I figured it would be $20.

<a href="http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DMC11389&mode=retail" target="_blank">http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail</a>

<a href="http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DMC11390&mode=retail" target="_blank">http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail</a>

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look really good! I think these should do pretty well, especially if they can get TRU to bite.

I bet they'll pick 'em up, the TRU's in my area carry all the other halo stuff so it makes sense. and they've gotta sell, they're HALO mates :biggrin:

I am far from being a Halo fan, but I think they look amazing. And at that price point, I think these will be the next breakout line and will easily last for several waves.

And I just noticed that the Warthog holds three figures. That's just amazing for the price.

Edited by groundhog7s

Awful great.

I hope the Spartans are a little taller than the marines, can't really tell if this is the case from the picture. I've picked up a few of the McFarlane figures, but I could see myself buying a ton of these if they keep the selection diverse enough.

Yeah, they still look awful.

How say you?

I was so excited for these. I really was. I realize Minimates are super deformed by nature, but these seem to be suffering from the same issues the Hammer Drones had. They lack any semblance of Minimateness they once had. All that armor makes them far too chunky, and they don't look like Minimates at all.

And in a related note, I'd like to propose that I just coined the term "Minimateness". NR, care to verify?

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

these look sweet i am SO glad i did not get the kubricks or mega block halo. i mean you see them and they look cool but they are not minimates which means they could never team up with spider-man or fight my hoard of cylons (which will be cool).

And in a related note, I'd like to propose that I just coined the term "Minimateness". NR, care to verify?

To clarify, you weren't the first to use the term. (That's not the first usage of the word on MMMV, just the most recent.)

Oh, hi again! Been away from the 'net for 2 days due to family stuff. Miss me? :P

In what surprises even me, I find myself agreeing with Dinobot.

Let me clarify:

I WILL by these. I've barely bought any minimates in the last few years with a few exceptions like Ghost Busters. That said, I WILL buy these.

With that in mind, I think back to when I first started buying minimates back when they had the Star Trek 3" @ Wal Mart. I thought to myself that there was literally no cuter way to put McCoy, Kirk or Spock into plastic form. They were adorable!! Minimates have evolved a great deal since then (and improved), but looking at what they are now... They are clearly not the adorable block figures I fell in love with anymore...

They're a different beast all together.

Yeah, they still look awful.

How say you?

I was so excited for these. I really was. I realize Minimates are super deformed by nature, but these seem to be suffering from the same issues the Hammer Drones had. They lack any semblance of Minimateness they once had. All that armor makes them far too chunky, and they don't look like Minimates at all.

I can understand what'cha mean Dinobot,

I kind of felt the same way when I got the Mark VI Iron Man because of all the sculpting and the

roundish helmet. But seeing how accurate they made it look, I really don't mind it.

What does somewhat bother me is when it hinders the articulation.

The Halo Minimates look cool and so does the Warthog.

I hope these hit TRU stores.

Don't think I've chimed in on these yet. Based on what I have seen, I am with TM2 with these. They just don't look good. They are far too busy and to me, aren't even obviously Halo guys on first glance like the Kubricks are. You realize it's Master Chief once you process everything, but at first glance he might as well be one of the BSG pilots with extra armor or something.

Edited by karamazov80

I'll have to wait until I have these in my hand before I make any judgments about them. I think that while the designs are wonky (the Marine in particular, I don't mind the Spartan's because they're supposed to be super tall and heavily armored), they'll get polished out as it gets closer to release (I remember thought the Iron Man movie mates had the same problems when they were first announced and I was proved gloriously wrong in that department). I'm glad Art Asylum is trying videogame mates again (it just makes MGS mates one step closer) and I think there is alot of potential for this wave.

..........but at first glance he might as well be one of the BSG pilots with extra armor or something.

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...7772&st=100 ....2nd to last post ;)

Hey, BHM. Did you know that if you hit that little number button in the upper right had corner of each post, it will open a URL that will like you directly to that post?