UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs Capcom 3

pawcanada

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks have been discussing the actual game in the Minimates section again, so I thought I would bump this for those who want to discuss/praise/bitch about the new game. I think Capcom kind of sucks doing what they do, but I'll buy the new game for Hawkeye and Strider alone:

ie5VVa.gif

From SSF, I have no clue how legit this is:

More leaked characters!

VERGIL!!

vergil.png

DOCTOR STRANGE!

doctor-strange.png

FRANK WEST!!

frank.png

PHOENIX WRIGHT!

phoenix-wright.png

NOVA!

nova.png

IRON FIST!

iron-fist.png

and...Rocket Raccoon.

rocket-raccoon.png

OH MY GOD IT'S NEMESIS!

nemesis.png

Edited by karamazov80

Rocket Raccoon and Nova, along with Strider make that roster awesome. I'll admit, minimate potential aside I am disappointed they're using Phoenix Wright but ahh well.

Folks have been discussing the actual game in the Minimates section again, so I thought I would bump this for those who want to discuss/praise/bitch about the new game. I think Capcom kind of sucks doing what they do, but I'll buy the new game for Hawkeye and Strider alone:

I personally disagree. If all the new characters were DLC and cost $5 each, then that's $60, aka the price of a new game. This includes all that AND touch ups for $40. Even if I bought it at launch it would still be a bargain to get Ultimate than to download everything.

[edit]

This article shows art for all the characters.

Edited by pawcanada

True True pawcanada, I think the only reason I'm upset is that this one is coming out with all this new stuff plus the original MvC3 stuff for $40.......where when it first came out, the game was $60 or $70 with the 2 DL Characters.

It just bums me out that I'm basically going to be buying the game again, for cheaper but getting what we probably already should have gotten.

Oh I hear what you're saying jcastick and agree you're going to spend over $100 on the same game and the "mk 1.5" version. However I'm uncomfortable with the angle Mortal Kombat 9 is going in, which being DLC is apparently meant to be the better option. Both have their pros and cons, don't get me wrong but I disagree with the "DLC = The right answer; Re-releasing an enhanced version at less than the combined cost of DLC AND original = The wrong answer" outlook.

As for including it in the initial game, I'm not so sure. As a web developer, it's all well and good knowing what you want from a system, but if resources and time won't allow you to include it between now and the deadline (and where I work, two months to build a complex system is a luxury) it won't be in; simple as that. Plus there may be some politics. Street Fighter IV (from what I read) was a last ditch attempt to revive the franchise thanks to the luke-warm reception of the IMO superior SFIII games and the death of the arcade. It's likely Capcom never expected it to take off the way it did, so I suspect the budget and possibility of DLC characters (from what I understand, the option to add DLC has to be programmed into the game) wasn't there in the first place. Thus to deliver the SFIV they'd have perhaps wanted to go with in the first place lead to Super SFIV. Arcade Edition was apparently never meant for the home but SSFIV must have been made with the option to implement it if they did change their mind. Tangent aside, maybe Marvel vs Capcom 3 suffered a similar fate?

Gotta say, i think these new Marvel characters will very good fun to play. And they will all offer very different styles of fighting - which is what you'd want from a fighting game.

I AM hoping that there will be still more downloadable content for this game. These characters look fun, but i do still want Cable, Psylocke, Venom, Silver Samurai, Thanos, spiral etc . . . and would be willing to pay to play them. (i know that's going to make me very unpopular here :tongue: )

I totally agree.....I wouldn't want to have to download all the new characters and everything else and spend an extremely absurd amount of money for them.

The way I see it, DLC should be extra skins for characters, an extra stage or two...... but actual characters should just be in the game from the start, just make them unlockable after certain events or achievements or something. Hell, go the MvC2 route and have the store where you build points from gameplay and purchase the new content that way.

And I guess if there needs to be downloadable characters, don't make them so damn expensive......make bundles or something. I could see a better value at maybe 2 characters plus all their costumes for $5 but I never expect that type of gaming value to happen.

Guess I'm just becoming an old, grizzled veteran gamer expecting everything to be on the disc when I start it up but may have to unlock stuff to have it all.

I Agree with you as well karamozov

• 2 weeks later...

Angry Joe, a web reviewer I'm a fan of has given his opinion of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/08/umvc3-angry-rant/

As his screen name will suggest he does get VERY angry and his opinion of the more obscure characters (i.e. Nova and Rocket Raccoon, the two Marvel characters I'm most excited about) may borderline offend fans of them but IMO his point is very valid. He even highlighted that while SSFIV was a valid update due to all the new content it added, this is basically twelve characters, the majority of whom are perhaps too obscure/not the ones fans want bundled with content that was already confirmed for (free?) DLC. Since watching it, my opinion has changed a little.

Edited by pawcanada

You know me. I could care less about the game itself. I lost my passion for fighting games a while back. But if Marvel mate fans get a new, improved Hawkeye out of the deal, I'm good.

I agree with you, but only if you add in "Updated Nova, Rocket Raccoon and Strider, as well as alts like "Civilian Morrigan" (white shirt that's open, red pants)". As mentioned, since watching Joe's opinion my interest in this game has plumetted. I thought we were getting something like SSF4 (i.e. loads of extras that would be impratical as DLC) instead of previously planned DLC on a disc. Now I may still buy it if they add on extras that are worth the money (and, as stated, impratical as DLC) but otherwise Arcade Edition, MK9 and SF3 TSOE will get the lions share of my (limited) fighting game time.

Edited by pawcanada

• 7 months later...