UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs Capcom 3

pawcanada

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So - forgive my ignorance, but is this the full list of playable characters that will be available in the game?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_vs._Ca...e_of_Two_Worlds

Or will there be another bunch of unlockable characters as there were in MVC2?

Edited by Nessex

So - forgive my ignorance, but is this the full list of playable characters that will be available in the game?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_vs._Ca...e_of_Two_Worlds

Or will there be another bunch of unlockable characters as there were in MVC2?

So far that is the confirmed list, and assumed final list of characters. There are some rumors floating around (along with a screenshot) that M.Bison is in, could be fake though. The strategy guide has a picture of Galactus in it.

You can go to http://www.eventhubs.com/ for MvC3 news. It's a running blog of all things Capcom fighting games.

I agree with Serge about the DS love, but I wish Talbon would get brought back (apparently he's all but hated in Japan or something). The SFIII fan in me also wishes one of them would represent that underappreciated classic. I think Gill would be a brilliant foe for the Marvel heroes.

I've read some more characters are on the way, though with Sentinal andHsien-Ko rounding off the roster of 36, any further annoucements may be DLC. As a fan of Strider, Captain Commando and some of the deconfirmed franchises like Rival Schools and Power Stone I can't say I'm overly interested until Capcom corrects their mistake and brings them back/adds them in.

So far that is the confirmed list, and assumed final list of characters. There are some rumors floating around (along with a screenshot) that M.Bison is in, could be fake though. The strategy guide has a picture of Galactus in it.

You can go to http://www.eventhubs.com/ for MvC3 news. It's a running blog of all things Capcom fighting games.

Awesome. Thankx for the Linkage!

Also - i heard Galactus was going to be a Boss, which could be kinda cool. Although - it's a shame we don't have anyone from the Fantastic 4 to face off against him.

EDIT: Although, i guess we have Doom and the SuperSkrull. . .

Edited by Nessex

Awesome. Thankx for the Linkage!

Also - i heard Galactus was going to be a Boss, which could be kinda cool. Although - it's a shame we don't have anyone from the Fantastic 4 to face off against him.

EDIT: Although, i guess we have Doom and the SuperSkrull. . .

I'm definitely looking forward to Super Skrull the most out of all the characters. After reading Annihilation he became one of my favorite characters. Wish Marvel would do more with him.

BTW, video of the Galactus boss fight is up on eventhubs.

Edited by Ucfan34

Just saw that video...... I haven't wanted a game SO BADLY in my life!!!!!!

Still buying it even though I don't have the system yet.....

Dude, that is just sad! ... oh wait, I'm in the same boat, doh! :blush: Anyone want to buy a regular DVD player with surround sound sytem so I can upgrade to a PS3? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Some news that is both excellent, and $h!tty all at once:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/blog/20...media_explosion

On March 1, you'll be able to download actual, alternative costumes for some characters (not just different coloring schemes), and actually, they are different characters since they are from different periods. So, classic Thor, RE 1 Chris, SF 1 Ryu, Iron Patriot, new Steve Cap, some other Dante, and hopefully more (hopefully a lot more, though I doubt it). This really should have been included in the game. BUT, Capcom's a business. . .

Edited by karamazov80

That's what we call a "known unknown."

I posted my Marvel wish-list. Seems like folks are just copying others' responses. Can that many people really want Dr. Strange?? Others are picking guys from the previous game that got left out. Venom seems the number 1 overall choice based on my eyeballing a few pages. Bummer that Hawkeye probably has no chance in a publicly decided poll. Saving grace is that, I would hope, Capcom will only use this as advice.

Edited by karamazov80

I would be surprised if we don't see Venom and Mega Man (eyeballed high requests so far on Capcom list) as DLC in the future. And what is up with Jon Talbain?? Are people just copying from other's lists for that or is he really that popular? I can't say that I played him much on the Darkstalkers games.

One bright side of the DLC is that it should keep the game popular for a while so hopefully the waves of MvC3 minimates will do well; so we can get minimates of all the game characters.

I agree with that, for sure. It also gives the game a bit of freshness. . .that is slightly soured by the knowledge that Capcom will release a "Special Edition" disc later including the downloadable stuff.

I was wondering why it wasn't just Megaman chosen on the Capcom lists, but Megaman X. I think that's that weird looking SNES version of Mega Man. Why is that look specifically so popular? Because he was rumored to be downloadable already? Similar to the Talbain pics, there must be lots of discussions on videogame forums where certain off-beat characters and looks have started gaining popularity for some reason or another.

Of course, Strider is getting lots of votes which makes me happy. But I'm a bit bummed not to see more votes for Ken. He is definitely one of my top Capcom MIA picks, and is an essential Street Fighter guy. Ryu should be able to fight Ken in every Street Fighter-type game he is in.

--edit: apparently Zero is from the Megaman X games--who knew?? :lol: --

Edited by karamazov80

Any of you guys with Playstation Network have MvsC3? If so, post your username if you want to. I'm gonna try to move my PS3 to the den this weekend where I can hook up the internet so I can get my butt kicked online some.

Any of you guys with Playstation Network have MvsC3? If so, post your username if you want to. I'm gonna try to move my PS3 to the den this weekend where I can hook up the internet so I can get my butt kicked online some.

if all goes well i should be able to atleast rent it (ill eventually purchase it) tonight, so my username is toddingram

I beat it. That was fast.

Granted, it was on very easy with the simplified control scheme, and I've only gotten one of the endings, and that wasn't even the one I was going for...

Fun though. I'll have to keep at it and see if I can get good enough to not be embarrassing.

ok so after playing this for a few hours i have decided that even though i suck at it, this is one of my favorite games of all time and if capcom does things right, this game will stay popular for a LONG time, minimates cannot get here fast enough...