UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs Capcom 3

pawcanada

I've gotta say - i was really hoping for a few more characters. . . The last game gave us something like 54 playable characters. So far - MvC3 has 30. And only 2 Marvel Girls. No Storm/Electra/Psylocke/Rogue/Spiral/Marrow not to mention the Avengers characters they could have introduced to the franchise like Wasp/Tigra/SpiderWoman/Black Widow/Scarlet Witch/Ms Marvel/etc . . .

I hope we see a few more characters announced - especially X-Men and Women, but i have a feeling we're coming to the end of the character reveals.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a supposed "final list" elsewhere, don't know how true that might be though.

* Wolverine

* Ryu

* Dr. Doom

* Chun-Li

* Magneto

* M. Bison

* Iron Man/War Machine

* Morrigan

* Super Skrull

* Felicia

* Taskmaster

* Hsien-Ko

* Storm

* Mega Man EXE/Classic

* Ultron

* Zero

* Squirrel Girl

* Tron Bonne

* Deadpool

* Dante

* Captain America

* Trish

* Hulk

* Chris Redfield

* X-23

* Albert Wesker

* Dormammu

* Viewtiful Joe

* Thor

* Amaterasu

* Hawkeye

* Arthur

* She-Hulk

* Mike Haggar*

* Misty Knight

* Nathan Spencer

* Spider-woman

* Strider

* Spider-man

* Frank West/Chuck Greene

* M.O.D.O.K.

* Tessa

* Iron Fist

* Red Arremer

* Thanos

* Victor Delacroix

* Amatsu-Mikaboshi

* Soki/Samanosuke

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/15/rumor-ma...-man-frank-wes/

Personally, if true, this makes the game a must-buy. Hawkeye, Haggar, Strider, Mega Man, Iron Fist?? Hell yeah!

iron fist and squirrel girl, sounds awesome

but the list dosen't have the dlc characters jill and shuma gorath

Jill & SG are downloadable characters, so maybe this is the list of characters that come with the standard edition?

This is a much better list than the one i saw. There was no mention of Hawkeye, Squirel Girl, Thanos, Iron Fist, Spider Woman or Storm.

EDIT: . . . wait - what? Squirel Girl?????? Seriously?

DOUBLE EDIT: Ultron? Misty Knight??? If ANY of this is true - then this game is looking for more promising.

Edited by Nessex

According to the Fighters Generations, the final roster will look like this. While I am happy to see Hagger and Strider on there, the lack of Captain Commando is a shame as he was always one of my favourites in both design and playing style. Ms Marvel and Spider-Woman are both great choices for Marvel but I don't get WHY we need Howard the Duck. I'd have also prefered a SF3 charatcer over Bison so we have the "one from each number SF game". I'm actually dissapointed Gill has been added to the "We're not using him" list. I always felt his power level would work well against the Marvel lot. That and I take great joy in pounding his face before he gets back up.

Of course, DLC may fix this. And as great as the 56 from MvC2 were, there were a lot of clones in the game. I mean what WAS the difference between Bone Claw Wolverine and regular Wolverine again? And War Machine was just a pallet swap with swapped weapons (lasers where IM used missiles and vice versa). At least so far MvC3 has more variety.

I really hope Dr. Strange is in it, I heard that he was deconfirmed. It doesn't make sense that they'll put Dormammu in but then go OH NOES DR STRANGE IS OVERPOWERED. It would also be nice if Cable was in it so Cable and Deadpool could do a super together.

According to the Fighters Generations, the final roster will look like this.

While I don't know the legitimacy of any of these sites, that looks a bit fake-ish to me. Would Capcom be so cheap as to not even include little pictures of the heads of each character? Of course, I'm hoping your link is wrong, because Hawkeye and Iron Fist are definitely deal makers for me (and possibly deal breakers if missing).

According to the Fighters Generations, the final roster will look like this.

While I don't know the legitimacy of any of these sites, that looks a bit fake-ish to me. Would Capcom be so cheap as to not even include little pictures of the heads of each character? Of course, I'm hoping your link is wrong, because Hawkeye and Iron Fist are definitely deal makers for me (and possibly deal breakers if missing).

I agree, but apparently it went online before the Jill/Shuma Gorath announcement which is why the website's owner posted it. On the other hand, his next update had the official select screen (identical to MvC2's) so maybe it is a fake that happened to get it right. As mentioned, in hindsight I like your list better (bar the lack of Cap Com :P) due to the inclusion of an Onimusha character and Tessa and lack of Howard the Duck.

Dio - I'm afraid Dr Strange has been deconfirmed. He may appear in closing cinematics and fingers crossed DLC.

I really don't give half-a-crap about WHO is in the game as long as they're fun to play as which seems to be how characters are being picked.

but that said. I *REALLY* hope the Mike Haggar rumors are true, not only because it'd be great if they made him either a Gouken to Zangief's Akuma and changed up how his attacks work, or even better a Dudley to his Balrog and COMPLETELY thought outside the box and gave him a different playstyle other still being a wrestler. All we know about Haggar's similarity to Zangief is they both use the Atomic Surplex and Atomic Lariat no one said he's have to be a motion-swap of Zangief and I hope they make him something amazing.

plus, it's about time Mike showed up in Street Fighter, and with Yun and Yang being in the Arcade version of Super SF4 it's probably only a matter of time until the consoles get another release of SF4 with new characters. Just like Cammy got to be in SFA3 (and some select upgrades of SFA2 Gold) because she was in X-Men Vs Street Fighter a Marvel Vs game is the perfect foothold for Mike to rejoin Cody and Guy.

I really don't give half-a-crap about WHO is in the game as long as they're fun to play as which seems to be how characters are being picked.

The available characters is the main reason I would have any interest in this. Well, that and the fact that it is loosely based on Street Fighter 2--one of my favorite childhood games. But seems like they could make any character "fun" to play by giving him a couple-a Hadouken moves. What's funner than shooting Hadoukens? That's right. Nothing.

What's funner than shooting Hadoukens? That's right. Nothing.

Are you being serious?

If you're not: That explains why I've heard people refer to MKvsDC as anything other then "so bad it's like watching a bear eat your childhood hopes and dreams and crap them out on your parents grave and burst into flames", if all people want is a 'all the comic characters!' rather then "a cast of characters who play uniquely and each bring something interesting to the table" all Capcom needs to do is make everyone an alternate costume for Ryu, since Ryu's basic enough everyone can enjoy him. Replace the fireball with various thrown objects for some character who can't produce fireballs (a Baton for Daredevil, a chain for Power Man, an Octopus for Doctor Octopus) and they're golden, hello 9,9999 characters all of whom have a spamable uppercut! Name a character and something they can throw and Capcom has no excuse to not put them in.

If you are: SONIC BOOMS! Sonic Booms are about a thousand times more fun then Hadoukens since they're far more useful in a fight. Too bad no Sonic Boom users (and I included Bulleta in that) are actually in MvC3 it seems. Also outside Capcom games: the Burn Knuckle is about the most fun fighting game move there is (and a lot of MvC characters have a good-enough-but-not-really-a-burn-knuckle so at least THAT's in MvC3, it's basically the same thing as Cap's "Charging Star" and the charge punches used by the seemingly not included Jin Satome, Jill Valentine, and Ruby Heart.)

Personally I prefer to fight like a gentleman ;). However I am karamazov80's side - the available characters, especally the more obscure Capcom characters are what interest me in the game. I would love to see them really spice up the roster, like they did with MvC2 (Sonson, Ruby Heart, Jin etc.), bring in more obscure characters from their main franchises like Talbon, Tessa and Oro and heck, NOT reject the idea of Power Stone and Rival Schools. I want this to be Marvel vs Capcom, not Marvel vs Street Fighter 2 with friends like CvsSNK2 was.

Sorry for double post. A new deconfirmed list has popped up:

Megaman EXE

Rogue

Psylocke

Strider Hiryu

Captain Commando

Jin Saotome

Saki Omokane

Black Cat

Gouki / Akuma

Venom

Carnage

Doc Ock

Very dissapointed about the ones in bold. They were some of my favourite characters in MvC1 and 2, especally Strider and CapCom. Frankly ignoring the possibility of DLC correcting this awful mistake, with this de-confirmation I'm loosing a lot of interest in this game. I dont get why they have to keep deconfirming characters, especally the ones players want!

Edited by pawcanada

• 1 month later...
Well, he does do the spinning clothesline, dropkick, and piledrivers (in fairness though, they were Haggar's moves first)

Yeah, but that's not really the same as "playing the same" for example Guile and Chun-Li both have a (Charge Back)>Foward+Punch Fireball and a (Charge Down)>Up+Kick Anti-aire and I don't think you'd say "Guile plays like Chun-Li" since their basic attacks and other moves set them apart.

This appears to be how Zangief and Haggar work, yes they share the moves that storyline-wise they MUST share, but they don't appear to share basics or really anything other the 3 moves and the Atomic Pile Driver.

of course I could be wrong but still glad to see he's in and isn't a direct reskining of Zangief since he at least swings a pipe and has a new Super Attack.

Actually, I wouldn't say that "Guile plays like Chun Li" because he doesn't do the Spinning Bird Kick, "fast kicks" when you tap kick button, and the head bounce. :D

Apart from a couple non-Zangief moves, what else makes you think Haggar won't play like Zangief (who, unless I'm mistaken, hasn't been announced for this game yet, anyway)? I noticed Zangief also stole Haggar's "big splash" move, officially proving that he's nothing but a Haggar wannabe.

Edited by karamazov80

Actually, I wouldn't say that "Guile plays like Chun Li" because he doesn't do the Spinning Bird Kick, "fast kicks" when you tap kick button, and the head bounce. :D

Apart from a couple non-Zangief moves, what else makes you think Haggar won't play like Zangief (who, unless I'm mistaken, hasn't been announced for this game yet, anyway)? I noticed Zangief also stole Haggar's "big splash" move, officially proving that he's nothing but a Haggar wannabe.

So you agree Guile lacking Chun-Li's Lightning Kick and Spinning Bird kick makes them play differently, but Haggar not having the glowing the first and Zangief not having a thousand hand slap super isn't enough?

Also, did you watch the videos beyond the point where it shows who the new characters and see the gameplay? Haggar is comboing like crazy, his non-super-linked combo at the start of the vid is 10 hits, he gets a 20+ later in the same vid and that's not counting how crazy it could get linking into his 30-hit-hand-slap... Zangief is NOT a comboer, he's not designed for it, you get one or two hits back up and block, then attack again when an opening happens, I went and watched several MvC2 and SF4 vids just to be sure of this and that there's not some high-level player out there who's figured out how to make Zangief chain-like-a-madman, but there's not every video has the same system: "punch, punch, glow punch that fireball, take a HUGE ass whooping, punch opponent in air, catch with a piledriver, WINNER!"

also note their animations are different, Zangief attacks with chops and Haggar with hammer fist and pipes.

Now again, maybe I'm wrong and the attacks are purely a cosmetic change and MvC3 is just set to a MUCH higher speed then MvC2 was (Phoenix does seem ungodly fast) and if Zangief shows up as DLC in MvC3 or if Haggar ends up in "SF4: Special 'Ha! Made you buy it a THIRD time, asshole!' Edition" they'll be comboing on the same level... but as it stands right now, Hagger is faster and can combo, Zangief can't combo but is designed to not need to combo, making their play styles different.

so far characters:

Marvel - Captain America, Deadpool, Doctor Doom, Dormammu, Hulk, Iron Man, Magneto, MODOK, She-Hulk, Spider-Man, Storm, Super-Skrull, Thor, Wolverine, X-23

Capcom - Amaterasu, Arthur, Chris Redfield, Chun-Li, Dante, Felica, Morrigan, Ryu, Spencer, Trish, Tron Bonne, Viewtiful Joe, C.Viper, Wesker, Zero

Downloadable - Shuma-Gorath, Jill

Seen but not confirmed if in or downloadable - Phoenix, Haggar

Phoenix does look pretty awesome! Looks like there's going to be some good stages, I really like the Ghosts n' Goblins stage. And there's The Hand Hideout, does this mean Daredevil's a shoe-in? Check out Wolverine in his Uncanny X-Force costume too B)

• 2 weeks later...