UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs Capcom 3

pawcanada

Oh right, I forgot about Viewtiful Joe. In that case, Spider-Man is nearly confirmed, too (both Joe and Spidey have already been seen as silhouettes on posters). Yay!

I saw another silhouette of Viewtiful Joe fighting Dormammu (can't remember where though) and some people have shown some strong evidence for Frank West from another silhouette. I know Frank is a popular character and one of the new faces of Capcom, but at the moment it seems like Capcom is focusing more on the newer characters rather than MvsC "staples", at least outside of franchises like SF and Darkstalkers. I'm really hoping we'll get a couple of people to represent the various Megaman franchises (though I'll admit I'd love to see X as so far he's the only incarnation of Mega who's yet to appear in a crossover game) and as mentioned above, characters like Cap Com and Strider. Regardless of whether or not they appear I am still getting the game, and I am aware of DLC. However with both being long time characters it'll be a shame if they don't appear, at least straight away.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone hoping for Spider-Man to be in this game?

I'm hoping Spider-Man is in this game.

Minimates of MvC3 would be awesome, but it would be even more awesome if they confirmed Spider-Man to be in this game right...about...now.

Did I mention I need confirmation that Spider-Man is in this game? (My friend scared me by saying he'd most likely be DLC. Noooooooooooooooo.)

I loved the original Viewtiful Joe but felt the character was a bit weak in TvsC. However looking at the video, it does look like they've tweaked him a little so maybe he'll work in the long run. Dormammu looks pretty cool, and is it me or did he have a special opening conversation with Dante? And thinking about it, why not throw in Darkstalker's Jedah (Dark Messiah crossed with the Grim Reaper) as a rival for him (though I've wanted to see him fight Dante ever since I saw his Capcom Fighting Evolution ending).

Um... Considering as how Spidey has been in every Marvel vs SF/Capcom game to day (not counting X-Men vs SF) and how much of a cash cow the character is, I think it's safe to say he'll be in there sooner or later. I think it would be more surprising if they DON'T announce him. Besides, I'd rather find out who else is in the game and which "non-safe" Marvel returners (i.e. Gambit, Psylocke and other obscure characters who featured in MvC1 and 2) are going to be in this game. And if Spidey is in this game, I want Scarlet as an alternative costume now Capcom!

I wonder if they can even put Spidey in this game. Fantastic Four can't be in it for some odd reason, so Spidey's video game counterpart might be off limits too.

They have stated they're not using the Fantastic Four because Super Skrull is all four characters in one. And when you think about it, the ability to combine Mr Fantastic's stretching with the Things strength opens up more move possibilities than having either on on their own.

Minimates of MvC3 would be awesome

SECOND! The awesomness that is Strider, Captain Commando and Hayato need to be in minimate form!

Minimates of MvC3 would be awesome, but it would be even more awesome if they confirmed Spider-Man to be in this game right...about...now.

Did I mention I need confirmation that Spider-Man is in this game? (My friend scared me by saying he'd most likely be DLC. Noooooooooooooooo.)

I pretty sure he's in. He's had a silhouette and there's a poster on the Daily Bugle stage which is clearly his in-game model.

Check it out.

mvcspiderman.jpg

i too am surprised with the lack of females in the marvel side of this game, especially seeing as marvel has so many female heavy hitters who could be used.

i still look forward to it though

I still plan on buying this game even if I still don't own a PS3 by the time of release! :lol:

I still have my MvC 2 game but no Playstation to play it on. But if I hold the disc tight and close my eyes I can almost imagine I'm playing it :sweat:

I got the PS2 port of MvC2, but I so wish I got it for the Dreamcast; that and SFIII 3rd Strike.

As for a female marvel character, suposedly Storm has been all but officially confirmed. I don't mind but after Marvel put work into making Ms Marvel and Spider-Woman more well known I'd rather see them as the main female Marvel characters. Speaking of female characters, some fans believe C.Viper from SFIV is going to appear, making me wonder if they'll mimic Tatsunoko VS Capcom's "one from SF (Ryu), one from SFII (Chun-Li) and one from SFIII (Alex)". If so, I'd love for them to bring in Gill fro SFIII. His base power level would work well against the Marvel guys :D

• 3 weeks later...

As if there was any doubt. Resident Evil's Wesker has also been announced. Still crossing my fingers for more obscure returners like Cap Com, Strider and maybe the long overdue debut of Arthur.

I've seen a few vidoes of alternative colours, one which seems to show a dark silver/sealth suit like colour for Iron Man, another with yellow in palce of red and blue in place of black on Deadpool (a nod to DC's "version"?) and (surprise surprise) Grey Hulk. However I'm hoping they'll also throw in alternative costumes similar to what we got in SFIV, i.e. a Charlie (old army buddy) costume for Guile and Hagger (Final Fight's wrestler; they're meant to be friendly rivals) costume for Zangief. I'm hoping they'll use this as a way to bring in charatcers like Scarlet, 2099, War Machine and Lilith (Morrigan's sister).

• 3 weeks later...

Arthur is a great addition and personally I think we need more classic characters like him. Spencer is alright but I agree with others who view him as a Scorpion rip off. To me MODOK is the new Shuma-Gorath - an obscure villain I personally don't care for and will only use for 100% completion. Nice to see Magneto is back as well.

It's also been revealed that the Symbiote, Iron Spidey and new Black and Neon-Green costume will be available for Spider-Man. While I have nothing against the three announced (with Iron probably being my favourite ofthe bunch), I'd have rathered we got 2099 and/or Scarlet. Ahh well.