UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs Capcom 3

pawcanada

Granted, it was on very easy with the simplified control scheme

Aw, c'mon man! That's no fun. :D

I've beaten it a few times on normal with the regular control scheme. Hard would be too frustratingly difficult for me at this point, I'm sure. If I get my PS3 hooked up to the interwebs and can find my username, I'll post it here.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with that, for sure. It also gives the game a bit of freshness. . .that is slightly soured by the knowledge that Capcom will release a "Special Edition" disc later including the downloadable stuff.

I was probably gonna get this game until I saw this post. You are so right. I'm waiting!

I hope they add more characters, and not just alternate costumes that make other characters. I'm sure they have every intention of beating us to death with DLC, it just seems easier to repaint a character than to make a new character model, so I really hope they don't continue down that route and at least put some effort into making the add-ons worthwhile.

I still have no idea what I'm doing in the game. I'll probably switch off of the simplified controls though, since that seems to be aimed at the skill level below mine. I've experienced enough fighting games to understand the concept of hitting several buttons to achieve some end result as opposed to a single button. That being said, I'll miss my undefeated streak. :biggrin:

Sentinel is so dumb. Even his basic combos take out half of your HP. What's really funny though is that my friend showed me an infinite combo you can do with Akuma vs Sentinel XD What you do is hurricane kick. All the way. It takes a while but it's a guaranteed kill against Sentinel.

I can only speak of medium-level difficulty, but the heralds aren't all that hard if you just keep attacking them without giving them a chance to do much offense IMO. One of the best moves is the "Tenderizer" by Super Skrull. Or the hadouken-claw thing that Wolverine does. Dante's flipping sword move, too.

I've been playing on Normal with the regular controls, and finally beat my first set with Dante's ending (team was Dante, Trish, and Doctor Doom, all in red). That team...was what came of replacing throughout the "You Lose" screens. :lol:

I've been listening to all of the Voices...they nailed the perfect Deadpool. Annoying, obnoxious, and the phrases are brilliant.

Also...everyone knows there are three costumes for each character right now, right? Just checking haha. LOTS of new options for Minimates (Wesker in White would be great)

I've been playing on Normal with the regular controls, and finally beat my first set with Dante's ending (team was Dante, Trish, and Doctor Doom, all in red). That team...was what came of replacing throughout the "You Lose" screens. :lol:

I've been listening to all of the Voices...they nailed the perfect Deadpool. Annoying, obnoxious, and the phrases are brilliant.

Also...everyone knows there are three costumes for each character right now, right? Just checking haha. LOTS of new options for Minimates (Wesker in White would be great)

There are four actually, right bumper is one. (On 360 of course)

There are four actually, right bumper is one. (On 360 of course)

Really?? Well, that just made me happily surprised!!! Time to go play the game again haha, i need to see these!!! Thanks, Deadpool, that's a pleasant correction. :lol:

FYI, right bumper (on PS3) gives you Stealth Iron Man that looks like the Minimate variant. :buttrock:

It also gives you Punisher Captain America.

and red hulk, and x-force deadpool, and red she-hulk (right?) and alot more

i feel the same i was just pointing it out. i do love MODAM and that blue headed dormamu

Dormammu is so freaking awesome. I am officially excited to get a minimate version of him.

Ugh, I cannot get half the moves to work in normal mode. I just can't get the Forward, Down, Forward-Down motion. This isn't so bad when you're in the middle of a fight, since 99% of the characters who have that move also have a Down, Forward-Down, Forward move that works just as well, but if you're trying to do the missions, it's frustrating.

Of course, I can't even switch from crouching moves to standing moves in the missions, so maybe the complicated Z motion shouldn't be my worry just yet.

I have to get better though. The simple controls are too limited, making half the characters overly useless in a fight (especially the final boss). Heck, Spidey's hyper move doesn't even work on the final boss, and with the simple controls, you can't use another one.

drgn, if you can't do a Shouryuken, then this might not be the franchise for you :D

Really though, there is a timing to it, that I've found is slightly different from previous versions of Street Fighter. Just speculating here, but are you hitting those directions by letting your finger off the controller, or are you doing it as a fluid motion? You really have to do the latter for these types of moves. Don't press "forward, then down, then down forward, then forward, then attack button." Instead, smoothly move from right to down to right, keeping the D-pad depressed the entire time in one motion, then hit the attack button at the conclusion of it.

Having said that, I've never been into quick button combination combos in fighting games (friends of mine loved Killer Instinct--I did not). So, those combos in the mission are a pain in the butt for me as well. In the game, I usually stick to (all standing) low attack, medium attack, high attack, special, then jump up and mash buttons like mad. That's the only one that comes easy to me in the heat of a fight and that works well enough.

Edited by karamazov80

I can get the Z motion thing to work, just not every time I try. Sometimes it seems like it would be easier with the stick, other times easier with the D-pad, but I haven't really hit on a way to do it that works for me every time.

And I've always been terrible at combos. Most of my fighting game experience involves mashing buttons and spamming the one or two special moves I can get to work. The simple control scheme actually seems to support this behavior, since you only have two special moves and all you have to do is mash buttons. It just enforces the concept that this will work if you're playing against someone else who is doing the same thing, but if you go against someone who even remotely knows how to play, they will dominate you.

Incidentally, is there anywhere to stand or anything to do to avoid/block the final boss's hit everything attacks?

The only ones I haven't figure out how to avoid is: 1) the unblockable finger snap, which you could probably jump over, but he does it pretty quickly so I'm not sure if there is time; and 2) when he shoots lasers from his eyes and hands at the same time, trapping you in-between. But then, he usually only does that once and it will kill maybe one guy. You can probably avoid it somehow, but I haven't figure that one out. He's also got this charged up move, but I don't think I've ever let him finish that to hit me with it.

When he shoots lasers from his eyes only, I've found it best to get up close to him and kneel and block. He'll sometimes miss you completely with one of his laser moves that way. You can jump over his "grab you" move with a super jump (if not, mash buttons quickly and he'll let you out), and you can block the hand smash-type moves, even though it still does damage.

Edited by karamazov80

I agree with that, for sure. It also gives the game a bit of freshness. . .that is slightly soured by the knowledge that Capcom will release a "Special Edition" disc later including the downloadable stuff.

I've yet to buy the game and my internet speed and limited bandwidth means it might take me half a year to download all the DLC. I might hold off for this, but I can understand the frustration for people who've bought the game...

And what is up with Jon Talbain?? Are people just copying from other's lists for that or is he really that popular? I can't say that I played him much on the Darkstalkers games.

He has quite a cult following but he's unpopular in Japan which is why he's never used in the crossover games. He's one of my Darkstalker mains, and gets extra awesome points for being British. Personally I want to see him along with Strider and Captain Commando.