UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Fallout; New Vegas

mrjasontodd

Who else is excited for this? I really hope i can waste away full weekends into this like i did (and occasionally still do) with #3.

I just read a demo review in this months game informer and the guy seemed to give it a great review. He did say that the health system is funky like you have to drink water and eat food periodically and the stimpaks wont heal you like they did in 3 in regards to broken limbs and such in something called "Hardcore Mode" which is not a difficulty but a realistic style.

I played FO3 off and on for an entire year, and I can't wait for this one. I'm sure it will be similar to Bioshock 2, in that much of it will feel very familiar, but the new characters, story, and weapons will make it worthwhile. I think putting Fallout in the hands of a different developer was a good idea, just to see how they can build on the original formula.

i hope they release a boat load of dlc for this too.

here is more info on the Hardcore thing i said. This mught be a "must play" mode for me.

Hardcore mode

Hardcore mode will be an optional setting which makes the game more realistic with things such as dehydration and healing over time.

Normal

Stimpaks heal instantly.

Ammo is weightless.

No dehydration.

Crippled Limbs can be healed with Stimpaks

Hardcore

Stimpaks heal over time.

Ammo has weight.

The player has a dehydration meter which depletes over time, and must be replenished by drinking water.

Only a doctor can heal a crippled limb

• 2 weeks later...

It's being made with the same people that did the writing and story for 2 which has me really excited, the writing of 2 was my favorite of the series; and it'll have the gameplay of 3 which was my favorite gameplay of the series. The other big thing I'm enticed by is how the story is shaping up to include a bunch of ideas from the canceled Fallout 3 game that the developers were working on before the fit hit the shan over at Interplay.