UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 news thread

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had a thought as to why these two gator beasts may have been the ones chosen to be released as promos (thus far) before they've decided on specifics as to what should be done with the BB line exactly, including rubs and element affiliation. It never would've clicked w/o the c2e2 promo.

& this may have already been brought to attention, not sure , but with accompanying qualities such as the silver armor & a long sword, the Toy Fair BB appears to be sort of a Medieval Knight (BB of the past), and with the the c2e2 BB being black in shiny black armor, with gold nails & fringe highlighting, w/ a futuristic laser type gun, he appears to be a Space Warrior or Futuristic Soldier (BB of different universe or future).

So these could be excuses to keep them separate from the actual line. Perhaps this armor covers up their alternate verse affiliation and/or rub? Of course we know taking them apart reveals no rub or symbol, but from evidence with promos of the past, we know that the same care of detail isnt always applied, leaving it to the imagination. Especially when the future of the new BB MM line is still in an infant stage.

Just a thought :) Yours?

Darn it how much I want this promo gator, or excuse me, darn it how much i want these TWO promo gators. How many more exclusive convention BB promos am I going to have to add to my "sell your soul" list?

If anyone can help me out with obtaining these two mates, let's talk. BB have always been some of my fav figs & I'd trade A LOT for these guys. Entire Marvel Zombies MM collection MIB? TOMY TRON Figure MOC? Sky Commanders MOC? Mint Garbage Pail Kids Cards? Beautiful Mint Chase Comic Trading Cards?... or dare I say, pieces I've sworn to keep from my Personal Collection. Ha, you get the point. & YES, I have all these & more for anyone willing to hook up a disabled cat who cant attend these shows. Arrggghhh and a bag of too salty, too vinegary chips.

I think the Halo stuff looks great from what we've seen so far, but then I was never worried about DST's ability to replicate the Spartan armour. I think how they recreate the Covenant will be crucial. That is, if they bother with them at all.

I have to say that even though I've never played Halo, those mates look sweet!

Yay pictures! A few things of note:

-Dracula has the right head now! It has fangs, they just didn't come through in the picture.

-The in-tray shot of the IM2 2-pack might contain movie spoilers.

-No visor-up helmet for BD War Machine. :(

Check out my pics here!

Any pic requests for the exclusives?

Thanks for the pics, Magnus.

Would you mind taking some close up pic of Mark 6 Iron Man and of the red head

(can't remember her name at the moment :sweat: ).

Also when did the 4 Pack become available? I thought it was to come out a little while from now,

like after the movie or something. :huh:

Is it available online yet? Will it be?

Ask and ye shall receive!

The "red head" :)

post-1173-1271613545_thumb.jpgpost-1173-1271613556_thumb.jpg

Mark VI

post-1173-1271613565_thumb.jpgpost-1173-1271613574_thumb.jpgpost-1173-1271613585_thumb.jpg

post-1173-1271613592_thumb.jpgpost-1173-1271613599_thumb.jpg

Also, to kind of answer your other question, AFX debuted the 4-pack at C2E2. I asked the guys at the booth when it would be available online but they said they weren't sure exactly. Probably by the end of the month, they said.

EDIT: Here's a better picture of the Battle Beast now that I seem to have somehow fixed the flash on my camera. :)

post-1173-1271614202_thumb.jpg

Edited by God Magnus

Ask and ye shall receive!

The "red head" :)

Also, to kind of answer your other question, AFX debuted the 4-pack at C2E2. I asked the guys at the booth when it would be available online but they said they weren't sure exactly. Probably by the end of the month, they said.

Thanks Magnus! :D

The Mark VI looks pretty different (in a good way) from the other armors.

It was hard to tell in the pics that first surfaced. I hope to see an Un-Damaged Version of this one in the future.

The rest of the box set look great. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

As for Natasha, I think she looks nice.

Not sure if I want to get this set yet, especially with all the other Iron Man 2 mate I have yet to get.

So I had a friend went and tried to get me some stuff. He said the IM2 exclusives were sold out before he got there at noon. And the Battle Beast was only at the early morning panel. So no C2E2 exclusives for me. :(

Wow, sold out before noon? Usually the runs of AFX's box sets are in the 2000 range... and they always have leftovers after the show. It would be quite a feat to blow through all of them in two days.

So I had a friend went and tried to get me some stuff. He said the IM2 exclusives were sold out before he got there at noon. And the Battle Beast was only at the early morning panel. So no C2E2 exclusives for me. :(

Wow, sold out before noon? Usually the runs of AFX's box sets are in the 2000 range... and they always have leftovers after the show. It would be quite a feat to blow through all of them in two days.

I would guess he's talking about noon sunday and the 2-pack. I got all of my stuff just after noon saturday and I saw a few sitting out at 5 just before we left. It's also a pretty good bet that the exclusives were brought in fairly limited numbers considering they'll be available online (4-pack) and through Previews (2-pack).

As for the Battle Beasts, I know a few were tossed out (literally) at the panel thanks to that YouTube video. The rest of them were handed out at noon saturday at the DST booth.

I would guess he's talking about noon sunday and the 2-pack. I got all of my stuff just after noon saturday and I saw a few sitting out at 5 just before we left. It's also a pretty good bet that the exclusives were brought in fairly limited numbers considering they'll be available online (4-pack) and through Previews (2-pack).

As for the Battle Beasts, I know a few were tossed out (literally) at the panel thanks to that YouTube video. The rest of them were handed out at noon saturday at the DST booth.

:(

Never send a friend to do a Minimate Collector's job.

Thanks all for whatever coverage was supplied, much appreciated. I'm a little bummed out at not having been able to go, forgot all about C2E2 until the day of and went out of town next day(feels worse as I could have at least gone over for lunch :teehee: I can see the convention center from my office window). Must have been pretty sweet. Heard that it was like a good wizard con. It's been a while since DSTChuck has shown up in Chi-town, must have been nice.

Just finished watching all six parts of the panel and it was more interesting than I was led to believe. Thanks for the link. This is the stuff that caught my attention.

Part 1

- Looks like I need to work on my branding a bit. "Yeah, Minimate Database, is that the name of it?" Thanks to the audience member for the assist. :)

- Loved Chuck's answer to the Jubilee question. "We've done a lot of 90s X-Men recently... and there are a few characters we haven't done... and it would be kind of smart of us to do them at some point.

Part 2

- Didn't hear anything about pitching Ferris Bueller until now. I wonder if he's trying to drum up interest.

- "You'll never see a certain actor who believes in a certain religion who does some kinda big movies and people used to like." I first thought he was referring to Mel Gibson, but Mel wasn't in Top Gun. I guess we'll never see the Rain Man two-pack. It's not really a likeness problem, it's just a non-starter as far as the studio is concerned. Too antsy.

Part 3

- They've renewed the Marvel license 5 or 6 times with changes each time.

- Chuck's wife doesn't care about "Lego Men."

- They've looked at Amityville and Carrie.

- "We got told at one point, don't mess with Winona Rider."

Part 4

- Heat/rub transfer tech maybe patented, but they're looking into.

- Can't afford to do Goonies Minimates by themselves. Would have to be part of library.

- Brief mention of Dr. Who around 5:00 when talking about international licensing.

Part 5

- Chuck is a benevolent dictator.

- Ooh, a second mention of MMDB. Yes I do list accessories. :nod:

Part 6

- No real plans for a gaming element with Minimates though some companies have asked.

Proud to be a loyal servant to the benevolent dictator Chuck. All glory to Chuck. (and the Hypnotoad)

Thanks for the link.

No problem,but comment on popculturenetwork youtube page for uploading it.cause all I did was copy and paste the link.

If only they did make ferris minimates,if they do make them hopefully we will see a cameron minimate with his dad's car for the new minimate veichle line.

So do we know for sure if/when the Battle Tactics set will be available to purchase? I know the Stark Expo set is going to be available through PX but AFX's website doesn't say anything about the 4 pack going up for order.

Going by AFX's track record i'd say it's a no-brainer. Hell, it'll probably be in Previews in a month or two just based on when they put their SDCC leftovers in it.

AFX almost always finds ways to get product out there; i wouldn't be nervous yet.

Just finished watching all six parts of the panel and it was more interesting than I was led to believe. Thanks for the link. This is the stuff that caught my attention.

Part 1

- Looks like I need to work on my branding a bit. "Yeah, Minimate Database, is that the name of it?" Thanks to the audience member for the assist. :)

- Loved Chuck's answer to the Jubilee question. "We've done a lot of 90s X-Men recently... and there are a few characters we haven't done... and it would be kind of smart of us to do them at some point.

Part 2

- Didn't hear anything about pitching Ferris Bueller until now. I wonder if he's trying to drum up interest.

- "You'll never see a certain actor who believes in a certain religion who does some kinda big movies and people used to like." I first thought he was referring to Mel Gibson, but Mel wasn't in Top Gun. I guess we'll never see the Rain Man two-pack. It's not really a likeness problem, it's just a non-starter as far as the studio is concerned. Too antsy.

Part 3

- They've renewed the Marvel license 5 or 6 times with changes each time.

- Chuck's wife doesn't care about "Lego Men."

- They've looked at Amityville and Carrie.

- "We got told at one point, don't mess with Winona Rider."

Part 4

- Heat/rub transfer tech maybe patented, but they're looking into.

- Can't afford to do Goonies Minimates by themselves. Would have to be part of library.

- Brief mention of Dr. Who around 5:00 when talking about international licensing.

Part 5

- Chuck is a benevolent dictator.

- Ooh, a second mention of MMDB. Yes I do list accessories. :nod:

Part 6

- No real plans for a gaming element with Minimates though some companies have asked.

Proud to be a loyal servant to the benevolent dictator Chuck. All glory to Chuck. (and the Hypnotoad)

Hey Ivan, if it makes you feel any better, I was almost screaming "Minimate Database!" as I was watching the clip. You do a much better job cataloging Minimates then I'm sure DST would do.