UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Doctor Who... back on?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't we be hearing something about this at one of the conventions? I don't know much about C2E2.. do they ever unveil minimates there?

I don't think so. I think this is the first C2E2.

I did happen to hear there was a minimate panel last night, hopefully someone will have some coverage of that

Jeff of the Miniacs

Sounds like there was not a single thing about Doctor Who at C2E2.. I keep hoping on this one but I am surprised there would not be more talk about it if it were really back on.. They shot those mock up drawings out there pretty early on to create hype for the product.. why not "leak" some prototype photos to create interest and discussion?

Edited by The Vox

• 4 weeks later...

Any chance that Underground Toys is keeping a lid on this news until SDCC?

I know I need to drop hope on this one.. but I just can't let it die (heck, I still have 1% hope in a DC mini return)

:flash::batmanblue: :deathstroke:

• 2 months later...

No "Who" news from SDCC for mates.... <sigh>

I was hoping. For now my mini Tardis has Booster Gold standing in the doorway.. I figure.. eh.. time traveler with skeets instead of sonic screwdriver.. best I can do for now. :)

No "Who" news from SDCC for mates.... <sigh>

I was hoping. For now my mini Tardis has Booster Gold standing in the doorway.. I figure.. eh.. time traveler with skeets instead of sonic screwdriver.. best I can do for now. :)

They still have the panel... **crosses fingers**

• 2 months later...

DW Minimates would be fantastic! I've been a fan for many years and have met most of the Doctors and companions from the Original Series over the years at various DW conventions. I reckon the likes of Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy would love these! They'd also looks pretty good displayed alongside my Rolykin Daleks as they're about the right scale. I just hope they do do all 11 Doctors and don't just concerntrate on the 200x series.

That's all assuming it ever actually happnes! Maybe some news will come out of NYCC?

Edited by Exinferis

You're just full of good news for me aren't you?! :D Oh well, it's not like I'm short of DW merchandise right now. Amazing isn't it? I've been a fan of DW since I was a nipper, started doing conventions in '97 and in all that time you'd maybe, if you were really lucky, be able to find a 3rd Doctor Sonic Screwdriver pen! Now there's more stuff than you can shake a stick at!

I'll have a look at that thread. I'm not going to cry am I? I hate crying!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can't open myself up to the hurt and pain that I experienced after the last DW minimate rumors. Heck, I think the contact from Underground Toys eventually got tired of my bi-monthly update requests and put me on the spam/do not contact list. I really would love for this to be the case though......

• 10 months later...

his is one line of minimates i would jump up and down for.who knows what 2012 could bring.Doctor Who is more popular then ever that could work in our favor.I know it was close once before.the worst that can happen more customs to make if the door to them is shut forever.:biggrin: trying to be optimistic

Edited by eclipse

• 2 weeks later...

I recently finished The 10th Doctor's run and wow, spectacular! David Tennant, can't say enough great things about that guy, loved the show. I hope others eventually give Dr Who the respect it deserves, the writing is so so good. If America ever started it's own version of the show, that would def push forward an opportunity for minimates, right now, I think customs and microfigures are all we can hope for. So please, everyone show off your Dr WHO customs if you got them.

I need to start buying Daleks, those product enterprise ones look very cool. Any UK guys, are those cheaper in stores over there or just as expensive as on ebay (like 25-35 each), because I know someone going to UK soon and any ideas of stores carrying mass Dr Who merchandise would be greatly appreciated.

Has anybody tried making customs of the Judoon (rhinos) or Sontarans (potato heads)?

Are you talking about the remote control ones? That seems a very good price if you're talking dollars.

We do have TrU over here, but you're still unlikely to get it for less than £25, I would have thought. That is a lot more than the same in dollars.

Over here, we pay a hell of a lot more for toys, and pretty much most things worth buying.