UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Psyguy's customs: More Marvel

Great work on these. Good choice on Magma's hairpiece. Sam's I'm not so sure on... maybe something more reminiscent of his old skool crewcut. Take a look at BSG Leoben's or SM3 Eddie Brock.

Rogue looks GREAT! My favorite version of her and Namorita is spot on as well. Would love to see both of these in my collection!

BTW, has there been some announcement regarding a New Mutants Box Set?! Where?

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The use of the legs and flight stand on Cannonball is spot on and the Valkyrie Hairpiece on Moonstone is a perfect fit.

Great work on these. Good choice on Magma's hairpiece. Sam's I'm not so sure on... maybe something more reminiscent of his old skool crewcut. Take a look at BSG Leoben's or SM3 Eddie Brock.

Rogue looks GREAT! My favorite version of her and Namorita is spot on as well. Would love to see both of these in my collection!

BTW, has there been some announcement regarding a New Mutants Box Set?! Where?

Here is the info with a link about New Mutants boxset 2 posts below it. http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...st&p=164473

Thanks for the comments everyone!

I was struggling a bit with Sam's hairpiece to be honest, so the advice is appreciated. I had a Transformation Venom hairpiece that I was going to use but it was my only one, I didn't have a spare. Will look into the ones suggested, thanks Binaryan.

On a similar subject, does anyone have any advice or suggestions for heads/hair for Banshee, Blob, Karma and Toad? Thanks!

Thanks for the comments everyone!

I was struggling a bit with Sam's hairpiece to be honest, so the advice is appreciated. I had a Transformation Venom hairpiece that I was going to use but it was my only one, I didn't have a spare. Will look into the ones suggested, thanks Binaryan.

On a similar subject, does anyone have any advice or suggestions for heads/hair for Banshee, Blob, Karma and Toad? Thanks!

first of all all your customs are amazzing extremley superb! second for toad i think docock(from friend and foes) banshee(variant sabertooth)

I used the Drunken Tony Stark's (Iron Man Thru the Ages) hairpiece for my Karma. It's not pretty, but I never felt she had good taste in hairstyles.

Nessex, Chazwinski, robomate: thanks for the tips, will look into those parts.

At the minute my Karma has Wasp hair painted black, it looks ok but I'm still going to try a few other pieces out. Waiting for some parts now to round out the team. Have Wolfsbane, Magik and Sunspot in the works. Starting to think about a Warlock too, but need to get more confident in sculpting first.

Very much like your Moonstar - I'm confident that she'll use that hairpiece in the new box set.

As for Karma's hair, have you thought about the White Queen's hair from wave 9?

Depending on the look you're going for with Karma maybe a Nurse Chapel or Sand Seraf hairpiece? Maybe Selene or Whiplash? Ult. Thor? X3 Storm? Even Ska'ar's could be an inspired choice.

Banshee - Adam Warlock? Archangel/Capt. Britain? Capt. Marvel? FA Sabretooth.

Blob - I think the movie Blob head has a great shape but for a more traditional hairpiece I'd suggest: Emil Blonsky, or Movie Hulk

Toad -Emo Peter Parker, Defenders Hulk. Mark I Iron Man, Ult. Iron Man,

Thanks to everyone who has given suggestions for heads/hair. I have some parts on their way so I can try out some different things.

I have finished 2 more New Mutants. I know they aren't the most exciting of costumes, but I just really wanted a set of them.

Magik:

post-1790-1281602649_thumb.jpg

Karma (with Wasp hair: might change this when parts come through)

post-1790-1281602680_thumb.jpg

Feedback welcomed!

Great customs again buddy. Can't wait to see a group shot once they're all finished.

BW's hair looks surprisingly good on Magik. Where is her shoulder plate/guard from? it works perfectly!

The shoulder piece is trimmed from a Dawn Indiemate, and then glued on. It took a few attempts but now it's pretty sturdy and she still has good articulation in the arm. The BW hair luckily leaves enough space over the shoulder for her head to move pretty freely too. I'm happy with how she turned out, with a bit of luck she came together well!

The shoulder piece is trimmed from a Dawn Indiemate, and then glued on. It took a few attempts but now it's pretty sturdy and she still has good articulation in the arm. The BW hair luckily leaves enough space over the shoulder for her head to move pretty freely too. I'm happy with how she turned out, with a bit of luck she came together well!

She's great. It just upsets me more that she won't be in the new box set coming out. I thought Magik would be a shoe-in. I find her very interesting visually. Magik, Magma, & Dani would all have been more interesting than Karma IMO.

Although, speaking of Karma, you made a very good face-choice.

She's great. It just upsets me more that she won't be in the new box set coming out. I thought Magik would be a shoe-in. I find her very interesting visually. Magik, Magma, & Dani would all have been more interesting than Karma IMO.

Although, speaking of Karma, you made a very good face-choice.

My guess is that they figure Karma is the hardest sell for a 2-pack follow-up given her rather bland visual, so they stuck her in the box set a la Jewel.

Magik on the other hand comes with a sword, maybe an alternate unarmored arm and if I were designing it -- an alternate hairpiece with horns and Nightcrawler's tail attachment in red and hooves which could be reused for Gorgon of the Inhumans. :)

Similarly, Magma and Dani both have distinct visuals and ample accessories. I'd love to see a Magma/Dani 2-Pack with a powered down Magma variant. Dani would have her bow and an alternate Valkyrie headpiece.

Then we'd have Magik and either Belasco or S'ym... maybe even a generic demon army builder.

That would just leave a Cypher/Warlock 2-pack, preferably with Warlock "armor" for Doug and several fun add-ons for 'Lock.

Edited by Binaryan

• 3 weeks later...

Hey...

Have just managed to finish Sunspot and Wolfsbane.

Sunspot has Beyonder hair. The little sunspots are made with balls of miliiput, stuck on his limbs and painted.

post-1790-1283297197_thumb.jpg

Wolfsbane has Jigsaw hair and a sculpted tail.

post-1790-1283297317_thumb.jpg

Here's a New Mutants group shot of the team.

post-1790-1283297373_thumb.jpg

I have started work on some Brotherhood members, have just finished Pyro.

He has a modified Ilia Probe collar piece and Magdalena gauntlets. I sculpted the hair and his flame pack on his back. I used a Yellowjacket mate for his body and kept the chest detailing. The detail on the orange is a chest decal by Luke.

post-1790-1283703898_thumb.jpg

I made a Destiny as a comission for youbastards, and made one for myself alongside it. She has a modified Menace mask and Lego crossbow. The comission I did had a more sculpted head, but I haven't got around to doing mine yet.

post-1790-1283704013_thumb.jpg

More to come soon hopefully!

Edited by Psyguy