UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Psyguy's customs: More Marvel

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Group shot of Alpha Flight so far. Finished Shaman and Guardian, just Sasquatch to go for now! Thanks to gentry who gave me the idea of using Khan for Shaman, and to Mattalica, whose Alpha Flight customs were a really good reference.

post-1790-1276388588_thumb.jpg

HOLY SODDING BLERG-BURGERS!!!!

What a great looking set. It's so cool to see such a nicely executed Alpha Flight collection made up.

Do you have plans to either a) make a Sasquatch? or B) contact dst and explain to them that THIS is what character selection for a wave of Minimates SHOULD look like!

Great work - these are a very impressive collection of customs.

It's a shame the LOTR hobbit mates weren't smaller, Puck is the one from the set that I'm still not massively happy with. I had about 4 attempts at the arm/leg decals. I managed to make him a little smaller but I couldn't go any smaller without losing articulation in the wrists and ankles.

I'm planning on making a Sasquatch, I saw one on the boards that used DC's Gorilla Grodd as a base so I will probably try that. He is quite expensive though so I was thinking of putting a posting on the Flea Market section here. It's quite hard to track down cheap mates to use as parts in the UK.

Nessex, do posters send their suggestions/pictures to dst?

Thanks for all your comments again, really appreciate it!

Edited by Psyguy

Psy I think puck looks great. the penguin mate had some modified feet maybe adding them to what you've done already would help make him even smaller . or from what I can see in your pics maybe trimming the foot pegs down so they fit in the leg a little more snuggly.

Thank for the suggestion, Banners. I cut his feet down as far as I could do without spoiling the articulation, but I guess that's not that important. I could always just glue his feet on. His legs actually need sanding down a bit more, I didn't have great tools to work with so I ended up taking his legs down with a craft knife and some sharp pliers. Not the best!

Have finished one more custom today. I go back to work tomorrow after having a week off, so I probably won't get chance to do quite so much over the next few weeks.

Enchantress is made with a Valkyrie head, modified Scarlet Witch hair (I might sand this down a bit more, it's turned out a bit rough) and a modified SM3 Gwen Stacy skirt. I got some ideas from Luke's custom. I have her displayed with my Secret Wars minimates.

post-1790-1276472503_thumb.jpg

Nessex, do posters send their suggestions/pictures to dst?

For sureI I have suggested box sets to AA/DST before. In fact, the multiverse ran a poll to see what they would most like to see as a box-set. I think the Winners were 80's Excalibur; Wrecking Crew; The Inhumans; Sinister 6[4] and one other . . .

While none of the specific box sets we asked for have been made, a lot of the characters have (Black bolt, Vulture, Lizard [upcomming], Rachel Summers, Shadowcat, Captain Britain, etc. . .)

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Have had a little bit of time over the last week to do a bit of customizing. Started work on a few comissions, but following advice have been working on a couple of my own at the same time.

After we now have Crimson Dynamo, I'm starting to make a few members of the Winter Guard. Here's my first, Darkstar. She has a Yeoman Rand head and Magdalena hair. The hairband is made from milliput and the chest is a decal.

post-1790-1279455760_thumb.jpg

Next is Sunfire with a modified Ocean Master mask, and a slightly modified chest decal from Luke.

post-1790-1279455900_thumb.jpg

Will hopefully have a few more to share in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for looking!

the decal work is all crisp and clear on both...looks good!

Agreed! I've just come back and had another look at them now. As Chaz said, the decals are great and i think you have done an especially good job with Darkstar. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Just heard the news about the New Mutants boxset. While I am really happy they are being made, I am in the middle of a set for myself. I was going to finish them all before posting pictures, but with the news I thought I would share what I have so far.

Cypher:

post-1790-1281401528_thumb.jpg

Dani Moonstar:

post-1790-1281401613_thumb.jpg

Cannonball:

post-1790-1281401647_thumb.jpg

Magma:

post-1790-1281401711_thumb.jpg

Here's a simple 80's Rogue and a Namorita I did too. I looked at a number of the Namorita customs on here for guidance.

post-1790-1281401767_thumb.jpg

post-1790-1281401885_thumb.jpg

Should have a few more New Mutants completed in the next few days. Thanks for looking!

Dani Moonstar:

Dang! you've beat me to it! I was waiting on a second Black Widow so i could plunder her belt!

Looks Great man! She came together really well. I wouldn't be surprised if DST uses those pieces to make her sometime down the track.

Here's a simple 80's Rogue.

Rogue Looks Awesome! I'm really impressed with how great she looks. In fact - she might just be my favourite of the bunch. I might have to steal your recipe so can have one to stand next to my Betsy Braddock :P