Psyguy's customs: More Marvel

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks again for the comments everyone!

Binaryan, I am hoping for a box set myself, but thought I could have a go myself just in case it never happens.

Nessex, at the minute the customs I have made are all characters I would like to have myself. I'm still a relative beginner having only made 7 customs so far. To begin with I used Luke's decals so obviously I couldn't sell any if I were using someone else's resources. My last few customs have taken Luke's decals as a guide and have been modified for my own needs by a friend of mine on Adobe. I would probably consider selling customs at some point, if there were any takers! I'm really enjoying myself.

youbastards, the detail on the wrists and ankles are done by making a stencil out of thin tape, wrapping this around the wrist/ankle and then painting over, then peeling it off. Then I just cleaned up any paint that had leaked under the tape with a wooden toothpick.

These look fantastic! An Alpha Flight box set would've really gotten me excited this year.

Listen up DST! I won't be getting your Liefeld-inspired stuff w/characters we already have. Any actual releases of the characters that Psyguy has customized, I WOULD. :)

:D these look amazing i think i might cry :sad: (be strong robomate be strong).............anyway these really look GREAT and cant wait to see the rest of them

p.s. dst should take note on how good these characters look as minimates

Edited by robomate

Hey...

So, while hunting for parts I managed to put together another member of Alpha Flight. Still haven't finished the customs for the classic line up but while I'm waiting for a few parts here is Heather Hudson as Vindicator.

She is made from Loki/Doc Oc parts and a Spiderman 3 Mary Jane head/hair. Her wrist gauntlets are from a Magdalena Indie mate.

post-1790-1275863481_thumb.jpg

youbastards, the detail on the wrists and ankles are done by making a stencil out of thin tape, wrapping this around the wrist/ankle and then painting over, then peeling it off. Then I just cleaned up any paint that had leaked under the tape with a wooden toothpick.

Any chance you'd be willing to share the stencil design you used?

Wow...

I'm sorry for not speaking up earlier, I was just drooling from all the custom Minimate awesomeness in this thread :D

Am really loving your Alpha Flight customs, Psyguy! There's something about their simplicity of execution that makes them elegant in their own way. I wouldn't mind at all if DST gave us this team in your style ;)

Thanks again everyone, you guys are too kind.

youbastards, I didn't actually use a stencil design for the wrists/ankles. If I did I would happily share it, but I got some strips of 6mm Tamiya masking tape and cut 3 little "V" shapes out them, then wrapped the strips arond the wrists/ankles. I'm not sure if I am explaining this very well! Could always post a picture on here if that helps.

Here's Puck. He has a Batttlestar Galactica head (Baltar, I think) and a modified slip-over mask. I trimmed his arms and legs slightly to make him smaller, but it's not that obvious until he is standing next to a regular-sized mate. His arms and legs have waterslide decals on them.

post-1790-1276024267_thumb.jpg

I'm almost finished on Guardian and am getting parts together for Shaman. Does anyone have a sugestion for a head that might work for Shaman?

Have just re-done the decals on Puck, wasn't happy with them. Will post a picture at some point.

Edited by Psyguy

I'm almost finished on Guardian and am getting parts together for Shaman. Does anyone have a sugestion for a head that might work for Shaman?

A suitable Shaman head might be space seed Khan.

Edited by gentry

Hey guys...

Have had some spare time on my hands and thought I would put it to good use, by making my first customs. Just wanted to thank all the board members who have posted their work, which has helped me enormously in my own attempts! Especially Luke for all his tutorials and decals which have been used on these customs. Your site is amazing!

First up is Dazzler, I got ideas from these boards for her design so thanks to everyone. I'm not massively happy with her and will probably change her at some point. I think she is slightly too dark a shade of blue but I had a spare set of Spymaster legs and didn't want to paint legs for my first custom. Her hair and face are from a Battlestar Galactica Six minimate with a milluput headband. The chest decal is from Luke but doesn't show up as well as I would like due to the blue colour.

post-1790-1270848052_thumb.jpg

Next up is Hellcat. She is made form a Dark Phoenix minimate with all paint removed, a modified Menace slipover mask and chest decal from Luke. His custom helped me a lot, as did the one from joeacevedo.com.

post-1790-1270848090_thumb.jpg

post-1790-1270848136_thumb.jpg

Lastly is my British Psylocke. She is one of my favourite X-Men and I hold no hope for ever seeing her made in minimate form in this costume. Her hair is from Jewel, her sleeve tassles are cut from a spare Spidey webline and her chest is a decal from Luke. Her sleeves and boot details are sculpted from milliput.

post-1790-1270848169_thumb.jpg

post-1790-1270848194_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Tweaked repainted 90's Jean Grey with waterslide decal pockets. Spare Scarlet Witch energy signiture. I was really disappointed when the promo picture didn't match the minimate and am much happier with her now. I think the official mate looks a bit top-heavy.

post-1790-1272216429_thumb.jpg

post-1790-1272216570_thumb.jpg

WOW! Dazzler and Psylocke are perfect! I hope when they get around to Dazzler they giver her longer hair like yours. Betsy is my favorite Marvel heroine and this is just perfect. THe colors, the sculpting, even the hair choice. You nailed it! Do you do commissions?

Group shot of Alpha Flight so far. Finished Shaman and Guardian, just Sasquatch to go for now! Thanks to gentry who gave me the idea of using Khan for Shaman, and to Mattalica, whose Alpha Flight customs were a really good reference.

post-1790-1276388588_thumb.jpg