UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Psyguy's customs: More Marvel

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Firestar is an awesome improvement over the official release. It bugged me as well how DST released her wearing her newer mask with her classic costume. Your custom is spot on beautiful.

Thanks! I'm glad I' not the only one who found the previous Firestar a bit annoying. I will have this version displayed with my Avengers and the classic version (when finished) with either Spidey or the X-Men.

Firestar is an awesome improvement over the official release. It bugged me as well how DST released her wearing her newer mask with her classic costume. Your custom is spot on beautiful.

Thanks! I'm glad I' not the only one who found the previous Firestar a bit annoying. I will have this version displayed with my Avengers and the classic version (when finished) with either Spidey or the X-Men.

Every time a Firestar figure is made (in any toyline), they opt for the original costume and it bugs me, because I found her storyline much more interesting when she was an Avenger. I like your version better... and I'm in love with that Blob! Great work again!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments!

Have just managed to finish Toad. I looked at lots of designs and customs on here for ideas, bobafett, youbastards amongst others. Also thanks for the Hulk hair suggestion from Binaryan.

post-1790-1289759859_thumb.jpg

The next customs are a bit out of date, but I remember seing some Dark X-Men in process on the boards, and I wanted to make my own. Here's Emma Frost in her black costume. I know the jacket isn't comic-accurate, but I liked the fur-trimmed collar. It's from Lady Loki.

post-1790-1289759975_thumb.jpg

Next is Dagger. I took the photo and then realised I hadn't painted her neck yet. She does have little x's on the sides of her legs too, but I couldn't get a god photo. Have got Cloak and Mimic in the works.

post-1790-1289760063_thumb.jpg

Finally is Namor. The blue actually matches better than in the photo. I just need to draw some scales on his legs.

post-1790-1289779675_thumb.jpg

Thanks again for looking!

Edited by Psyguy

very like these, good work. is the piece around Toad's neck completely sculpted, or have you altered something which pre-existed? the jacket piece on Emma works really well, certainly seems like something she'd wear, the hair suits her, and the detail on the chest block is fantastic.

Thanks! The neck piece on Toad started out as a Wasp/Molecule Man "V" piece. I was using it for something else which went wrong, so I cut out the front and back V's to leave a base that I could sculp all the little squares onto. Most of what is seen is sculpted, it's just the base that already existed. It was really annoying to do, probably why he has taken me so long to finish.

Bang!!! Another great set mate!

Love you're emma frost. After looking at the covers for Dark K-Men. . . i think she is spot-on!

EDIT: I think the boots are a great choice for Toad too. he might have looked a little less jester-like, or a little too plain without them.

A+.

Edited by Nessex

Thanks everyone.

I just finished Avalanche. Thanks to bobafett for his design on the board, was a huge help. Here is my Brotherhood photographed together.

post-1790-1290381805_thumb.jpg

Here is Banshee, who I have been working on for a while. His collar is cut from a Wolverine Patch mate and was glued to a Photon cape piece (thanks youbastards). The hair is modified from Captain Marvel.

post-1790-1290381937_thumb.jpg

Thanks again!

oh, those look incredible together.. why more of that lot haven't had official releases in entirely beyond me. When I do get around to making mine, I'd be delighted if they looked half as sexy! (My Avalanche is sitting in a bag, sprayed white... feeling neglected, poor fella)

Ha, and that Banshee is wonderful, would you believe I've done a design with an almost identical recipe? Really like the collar as well, I'd been thinking of using a Deadman piece.

thanks for the kudos, appreciate it chief.

I can't stop looking at the Brotherhood pic... don't suppose you could put up a picture with Magneto out front, would love to see what that'd look like

Once again, awesome work.

You character selection is always impeccable and your execution is so crisp & clean.

Banshee really does look stellar. you should pose him for some shots with the GSXM box set if you have them! :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Here's the Brotherhood with Magneto (Heroes Box set), requested by bobafett. I can believe you were designing a similar Banshee too, we seem to have pretty similar ideas about some customs!

post-1790-1290625829_thumb.jpg

Here's Jean, Sunfire and Banshee with the GSXM box set.

post-1790-1290625908_thumb.jpg

As for the back of Banshee's cape, I have to come clean and admit I haven't painted it yet, youbastards. Probably because I am having the same problems as you. Maybe if one of comes up with a solution we can help each other out.

As for the back of Banshee's cape, I have to come clean and admit I haven't painted it yet, youbastards. Probably because I am having the same problems as you. Maybe if one of comes up with a solution we can help each other out.

D'OH! :)

Yeah, let's figure something out. I tried to tape it off, but I couldn't get the lines to look right, but I just tried using the tape for the first time.

Oh, and where's Nightcrawler!?!?! ;)

Oh yeah, I forgot Kurt! He is with my Excalibur mates until the new set comes out.

On Banshee I made a decal for the inside of his cape, I was thinking of just enlarging it a little and trying it out on the back. Once I have had a go I will post a pic, then if it's any good I will just send you the decal.

Sensational. Seriously Awesome!

These are my new wallpaper on my work PC.

Seriously? Why doesn't DST get these out? Am i too big a Fan Boy for X that i'm blinded to the reality that they would be crummy minimates? or slow sellers? Ah . . . NO! Psyguy has well and truly prooved otherwise.

10/10

EDIT: Sorry about my poor english skills and various typos there. I am just so excited to see such classic X characters brought to life in Minimate form that spelling, grammar & word flow become lesser priorities.

Edited by Nessex

Seriously? Why doesn't DST get these out? Am i too big a Fan Boy for X that i'm blinded to the reality that they would be crummy minimates? or slow sellers? Ah . . . NO! Psyguy has well and truly prooved otherwise.

10/10

EDIT: Sorry about my poor english skills and various typos there. I am just so excited to see such classic X characters brought to life in Minimate form that spelling, grammar & word flow become lesser priorities.

Totally forgiven ;) Who gives a toss . Psguy...superb.

10/10

That's just made my day. Really flattered by the comments, thanks.

My only question is why DST hasn't made any more Brotherhood of Mutants figures or Banshee & Classic Sunfire. Surely they realize that these would sell well? At least in my case. I'm not coughing up any more money for Captain Americas, Hulks, or Spider-men.

Anyway, great job as usual!

They look... so official... seriously why haven't these been made yet!? It's simple. TRU two packs: Blob and Toad, Pyro and Avalanche, blue girl that isn't Mystique (Sorry, I'm no X-fan) and a remade Mystique of some sort. There ya have it: The Brotherhood Complete.