• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Thanks for all the feedback!

Hey everyone. Been a while since I posted here, but here are some customs I have finished over the last week or so. The first two are for my own collection.

Black Widow is inspired by youbastard's custom.

post-1790-0-12324400-1353879288_thumb.jp

Copycat didn't really have an official costume, but I had seen some pictures online of a blue body suit, so I thought I would go with that.

post-1790-0-55169000-1353879412_thumb.jp

Next are some DC commissions I have been working on for a while. First, Indigo.

post-1790-0-00937400-1353880771_thumb.jp

Munk from Indigo tribe:

post-1790-0-09919100-1353880800_thumb.jp

Green Lantern Arkkis Chummuck:

post-1790-0-04476800-1353880828_thumb.jp

Star Sapphire Miri Riam:

post-1790-0-03638500-1353880859_thumb.jp

Thanks for looking, as always.

Edited by Psyguy

Nice. And a big thank you for not updating till I got back. It's one less custom thread I need to get current on. :teehee:

• 2 weeks later...

some outstanding customs, once again! I really like your combination of parts and sculpted pieces. And I really like those details, like Munk's feet. Very cool!

And how hard was it to put a decal on the werewolf head?

Thanks!

To be honest the face decal on Arkkis was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I just printed the mask on white decal paper with a brown background, cut round the mask and touched up the edges with brown paint.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. It's nice to be finding some time for customs again.

I really enjoyed the Age of X and was excited when the minimates box set was released last year. However, I couldn't help but feel an opportunity was missed to produce some interesting character designs. I don't expect to get any more Age of X minimates (hopefully I'm wrong) so I started putting some pieces together to make some customs of the Age Of X designs.

Here are the first two members of the Force Warriors, a group of telekinetics who build shields to protect Fortress X every day. I have the other 3 (Revenant: Rachel Grey, Stand-Off: Unuscione and Hellion) at the work bench.

Legion was pretty simple, just decals for the legs and a little sculpt for the hair and belt strap. The wristband came from movie Juggernaut, I think.

post-1790-0-06853400-1356981795_thumb.jp

The skirt piece on Psylocke took me many attempts to get right. It's made from random bits of minimate pieces and is held together with lots of glue! Hair comes from movie Sif, the scarf that telekinetically holds her knives was sculpted. She also has Aquaman feet to represent the blade on the backs of her boots.

post-1790-0-31577900-1356981846_thumb.jp

I have plans to make quite a few more characters, hopefully. Thanks for looking!

Edited by Psyguy

Those are AWESOME! What a great way to ring in the New Year!

I have to say, Age of X ran the gamut for me-- I absolutely despised some of the redesigns and others I absolutely loved. My top two favorite redesigns were Psylocke and Revenant. I felt like Psylocke's design is what British Betsy would have come to wear if she never had body swapped in the first place. And REVENANT-- so simple and elegant, a BEAUTIFUL redesign for the Phoenix I wish would have translated somewhere into the regular Marvel Universe.

Amazing job, Psyguy. Your updates are some of my favorites on the board and part of the reason why I got into customizing! (/gush)

Thanks for the kind words! I agree, some of the costumes from Age Of X weren't great. Hopefully I will choose some more that you are a fan of. For Revenant I was thinking of using a spare Magma body with a simple decal for the Phoenix symbol, should be relatively simple!

Managed to finish Hellion and Stand-Off from the Force Warriors today. I swapped around some parts for Legion and gave him a new head and chest, so Hellion uses the head and chest I originally used for Legion. I will post Legion updated when I finish Revenant.

Hellion has Baltar BSG hair I think, and random BSG legs. His arms are from Invisible Woman and gauntlets are from MVC Iron Man. The shoulder armour is trimmed from Indiemates Dawn and glued to his shoulders. He has a clear decal placed over a Namor chest.

post-1790-0-67549900-1357159794_thumb.jp

Stand-Off (Uniscione from the Acolytes) has X-Force Psylocke hiar and an X-23 head. I realised I missed the little "x" scar on her face so I will add it at some point. Her shoulder plated are trimmed from Indiemates Dawn's wristbands and glued to her shoulders. I wanted to originally use Magik's shoulder plates but they looked too bulky. She loses a little articulation in the arms but I like the look better this way. The rest of the details are decals.

post-1790-0-46957600-1357160021_thumb.jp

Hope to have Revenant finished soon. Thanks for looking!

Thanks boyd!

@emperorshotz: Go for it. I have a Nightmare custom in the works too. I was thinking of using the wings from the second Femme Fatale set, but now I am thinking the new ones from Annihilus might be better suited.

I have finished Revenant today to complete the Force Warriors. I was originally going with a Magma body but it didn't look right posed on the Phoenix base. I went for a Nova body instead with a decal over the chest.

post-1790-0-61666800-1357492660_thumb.jp

I have also completed some Hanna Barbera commissions. First up are Debbie, Mark and Tinker from Speed Buggy. I have to admit, i didn't know the cartoon before making these but I was given plenty of reference pictures to work with. They are mainly paint and decals with a little sculpt on Tinker's and Debbie's hair.

post-1790-0-53270400-1357492902_thumb.jp

The next set of Hanna Barbera commissions are from a cartoon I do remember as a child. The Teen Angels are relatively simple with minimal sculpt. Captain Caveman started out as a GB Slimer which was provided for me to work with. I can't take credit for the original idea! His feet and cape are sculpted, his whiskers are very thin wire. The club comes from the second Thundercats set.

post-1790-0-67212500-1357493133_thumb.jp