UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Psyguy's customs: More Marvel

Damn man - they are VERY nice. I know nothing about the team really, but i'd happily buy them as a wave from DST. Really nice job. very very slick.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Pleased to have finished a team, seeing as have a couple of almost-finished teams I am finding it tricky to complete.

Nessex I am mainly an X-fan too, but I would highly recommend reading the Young Avengers from the beginning.

Edited by Psyguy

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Psyguy, just checking in as we haven't seen any new customs from you lately. Hope all is well. :thumbsup:

Hey yb...thanks for checking in on me.

Back in September I started a new role at work which has been taking up a lot of my spare time. Then a few weeks before Christmas we had an unexpected death in the family...so a lot of my weekends have been spent travelling back home to see my parents, siblings, nieces and nephews.

I haven't touched any customs since the beginning of December and I have a backlog of commissions to work through. Thankfully everyone has been really understanding and I am hoping to get back on the customs wagon in the next few weeks. Hope all is good with you also.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone...

Well...it's been ages since I have been able to do any customs, but thankfully I have had some time off work and things have settled down a bit at home. I have finished 3 customs that I started almost a year ago, so here goes.

I made a Champions Iceman and Darkstar to go with the team. Iceman has Booster Gold face and some random hair. Darkstar has Witchblade hair, Shadowcat arms and 90s Jean shoulder piece.

post-1790-0-56866100-1329311469_thumb.jp

Namora has been a bit of a labour but I am happy with how she turned out. Originally I used a Sand Saref chest piece but I scrapped it and made a decal. Her hair is heavily modified from Meggan, and she has a FC Emma face.

post-1790-0-42116000-1329311610_thumb.jp

Thanks for looking as always.

Oh, and thanks to cut2thechase for the Donna Troy picture and to lastmaximal for posting my work in his thread.

Edited by Psyguy

Glad to see you back at it! This is what I love about your customs, you can take an otherwise boring outfit like depowered Bobby and make it something I wish I had...

From now on, when you make Marvel customs, make 2 of the same custom and sell me the second one. Seriously. I would have a standing order for all Marvel customs you make! :thumbsup:

Great work on Namora. She looks great. Love that you've done Darkstar too.

I always had a pipe dream that we'd see a Soviet box set with DarkStar, Ursa Major, Red Guardian & Crimson Commando. At least we got one of em, hey.

Bobby looks a bit like the jim lee suit. or rather, the jim lee suit looks a bit like this. I agree with dj87 too - it'd be nice to see this or some other powered down version of bobby get released.

Great work on Namora. She looks great. Love that you've done Darkstar too.

I always had a pipe dream that we'd see a Soviet box set with DarkStar, Ursa Major, Red Guardian & Crimson Commando. At least we got one of em, hey.

This is a pipe dream I share. Maybe once we get Alpha Flight completed we can lobby for Soviet Super Soldiers/Winter Guard.

Thanks for the comments everyone, much appreciated.

And youbastards, I wish I had the parts and the time to make two of every custom. If any custom in particular catches your eye, let me know and I will do my best to help you out, be it decals, recipes or making one for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Goblin Queen made with AoA Rogue head, modified Witchblade hair and modified Betsy Braddock cape, decal for chest. The second picture is with Medusa hair, which I would paint. Not sure which hair to go with, thoughts appreciated.

post-1790-0-97496100-1330558780_thumb.jp

post-1790-0-06003900-1330558810_thumb.jp

That chest decal is gorgeous. It doesn't even look like a decal. It looks like a factory tampo.

Thanks man. I have started using using DST-produced chest decals as a guide in Adobe. I copy a picture of the chest decal I need into Adobe and then trace parts of it. It has made making decals a whole lot easier for me. I have updated most of my previous customs with new chest decals now, should have some pictures to share at some point.