UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Psyguy's customs: More Marvel

Hey guys...

Have had some spare time on my hands and thought I would put it to good use, by making my first customs. Just wanted to thank all the board members who have posted their work, which has helped me enormously in my own attempts! Especially Luke for all his tutorials and decals which have been used on these customs. Your site is amazing!

First up is Dazzler, I got ideas from these boards for her design so thanks to everyone. I'm not massively happy with her and will probably change her at some point. I think she is slightly too dark a shade of blue but I had a spare set of Spymaster legs and didn't want to paint legs for my first custom. Her hair and face are from a Battlestar Galactica Six minimate with a milluput headband. The chest decal is from Luke but doesn't show up as well as I would like due to the blue colour.

post-1790-1270848052_thumb.jpg

Next up is Hellcat. She is made form a Dark Phoenix minimate with all paint removed, a modified Menace slipover mask and chest decal from Luke. His custom helped me a lot, as did the one from joeacevedo.com.

post-1790-1270848090_thumb.jpg

post-1790-1270848136_thumb.jpg

Lastly is my British Psylocke. She is one of my favourite X-Men and I hold no hope for ever seeing her made in minimate form in this costume. Her hair is from Jewel, her sleeve tassles are cut from a spare Spidey webline and her chest is a decal from Luke. Her sleeves and boot details are sculpted from milliput.

post-1790-1270848169_thumb.jpg

post-1790-1270848194_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Tweaked repainted 90's Jean Grey with waterslide decal pockets. Spare Scarlet Witch energy signiture. I was really disappointed when the promo picture didn't match the minimate and am much happier with her now. I think the official mate looks a bit top-heavy.

post-1790-1272216429_thumb.jpg

post-1790-1272216570_thumb.jpg

Edited by Psyguy

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow - very nicely done. And your character selection is AWESOME!

God i hope AA/DST gives us real releases of these chicks so we can all have them.

Great work - keep them coming!

WoW them are awsome great choices,verey clean.

• 4 weeks later...
Wasn't happy with my first attempt at Dazzler so had another go with a spare Quicksilver. Am still hoping for a Longshot/Dazzler 2-pack but she will have to do for now.

post-1790-1273345877_thumb.jpg

:D that looks amazing

Thanks for the kind comments, much appreciated. Have just finished my latest custom, another character I am waiting for.

Mockingbird is made with Hawkeye's mask eye-piece cut off, a modified Battlestar Galactica hairpiece (ponytail and curl at front are from milliput). I cut off the hands from a Deathstrike mate to make the sleeves.

post-1790-1274017323_thumb.jpg

post-1790-1274017347_thumb.jpg

ZOMG, Bobbi looks absolutely perfect! I love how you pulled off her mask and her sleeve cuffs. DST should really get around to making her already.

Smashing great work, Psyguy! :thumbsup:

Hellcat, non-Armored British Psylocke, Dazzler, Mockingbird. . .those are all some of my most desired, unreleased Minimates. They look fantastic! Great work.

I guess you aren't a fan of male characters?

Haha! Well, I am but the majority of my favourite male characters have been released. I think as a whole, the minimate line does pretty well on the ratio of female characters but there's always going to be a slight imbalance with any toy line, I reckon. I do have some male characters in mind for the future, but to start off with I wanted to make some females that I really wanted.

Thanks again for the comments, guys!

Cheers Luke! Your decals have been really helpful. Hope to be doing my own soon but I'm not great on illustrator tools at the minute. Am trying to learn, I slightly modified one of yours for Mockingbird, hope that's ok.

I love your customs, especially your selection of characters. I Made a custom Dazzler with decals but I refuse to sculpt or paint anything lol. I think the Psylocke would look awesome with that weird hair she used to have, like a giant bun or beehive. Great job! I want to see you do more customs!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey...

Have been working on some new customs over the last few weeks, one of my favourite teams from when I was a kid. I'm still in the middle of a few characters but am waiting for some parts to arrive from ebay and the US, so thought I would share what I have finished so far. The lighting isn't great, I'm using an unfamiliar camera!

First up is Snowbird. She has a Supergirl face and modified cape, and a Scarlet Witch headpiece modelled with milliput.

post-1790-1275596518_thumb.jpg

Next is Northstar. He has a Quicksilver face and Tony Stark hairpiece.

post-1790-1275596750_thumb.jpg

Lastly is Aurora, with a Menace hairpiece and a Star Trek head, I can't remember whose.

post-1790-1275596822_thumb.jpg

Here's a little group shot of the 3 together. I should have a few more members to share in the next few weeks.

post-1790-1275596906_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Through the power of Minimate Database I have deduced that your Star Trek head is Nurse Chapel, Dr. McCoy's assistant and played by the lovely Majel Barrett wife of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry.

Live long and prosper l\\//

Wow - your customs are really professional looking!

I might have used a dark blue for the muscle detailing on Northstar & Aurora, but apartf romt hat they are brilliant - and your Snowbird is PERFECT.

Will you be selling any of your customs?