UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dr.Who

AdyCarter

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt see it i won 200 on the natinol beer won over tv

Roughly translated........ '' I failed to watch the Dr.Who episode this evening because I was lucky enough to win £200 on the Grand National Steeplechase this afternoon. I decided to celebrate with a few pints rather than watching the TV''

Good for you, Fiend :D

Edited by buttheadsmate

I have to say I really enjoyed tonight's episode. Tate seems less annoying somehow. The setting was fantastic. The bit where the Doctor took out the water pistol was great too. Loved it. I hope the rest of the series is up to this standard.

Jury is still out for me on Tate, though I enjoyed the episode tonight I'm in to minds on the amount of jokey one liners that seem to have creeped in. They seem a bit forced in there to allow them to show Tate as a comedienne.

Not wanting to change the subject but the program I did enjoy tonight was Pushing Daisys. Visually I was like wow and its written like something by Terry Gillium or Tim Burton. I will be watching again.

Not wanting to change the subject but the program I did enjoy tonight was Pushing Daisys. Visually I was like wow and its written like something by Terry Gillium or Tim Burton. I will be watching again.

I just watched the first series of Pushing Daisies and really liked it, it was very quirky and yes I agree it's very Burtonesque (I'm making up words again!)

I have a bad feeling that Tate will overstay her welcome in Dr who, with a bit of luck she'll meet a sticky end and die horribly in a few episodes!

T.

I have a bad feeling that Tate will overstay her welcome in Dr who, with a bit of luck she'll meet a sticky end and die horribly in a few episodes!

T.

In tonights episode I was shouting at the tv to plunge that knife into her chest. Why did the Doctor have to save her?

I hate the way she thinks she can tell the Doctor what to do. Why can't she just accept that he is smarter than her, knows more than her and ultimately has the final say? The way she argues gets on my nerves so much.

In tonights episode I was shouting at the tv to plunge that knife into her chest. Why did the Doctor have to save her?

I hate the way she thinks she can tell the Doctor what to do. Why can't she just accept that he is smarter than her, knows more than her and ultimately has the final say? The way she argues gets on my nerves so much.

It's because she's female :D

I have no problem at all with Catherine Tate. I liked her in Runaway Bride and I like her in the series. I think she's a much better foil for the Doctor and we're seeing the start of a very different dynamic between the Doctor and his companion. Plus, she's got really really big bosoms! :D

That Fires of Pompeii episode was incredible though wasn't it? It started out a bit jokey but became very dark. I was on the edge of my seat at times. Excellent stuff. This series has started much stronger than series 3

I am enjoying Dr.Who more than ever & particularly enjoyed the 'Gaelic' references each time Latin was spoken by the Doctor or Donna,status quo,caveat emptor,ipso facto......very funny. Even funnier was when the Romans started saying Modern Welsh expressions ,look you,doo doo,there's lovely.....priceless. I'll say it again,this is THE golden time for Doctor Who. I like Donna & I believe we will soon find out that so does the Doctor .... big time :ohmy:

Edited by buttheadsmate

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to derail yall's thread but, well, this needs to be seen.

Best. Crossover. EVER.

Erm nope that should read as Stupidest idea ever!

Dr Who is quintessentially British... it won't work as a anime/manga toon it would miss all it's charm and quirkyness that makes it what it is.

I really don't get the current trend that EVERYTHING needs to be done in an anime style...

T.

Best. Crossover. EVER.

Dr Who is quintessentially British... it won't work as a anime/manga toon it would miss all it's charm and quirkyness that makes it what it is.

I really don't get the current trend that EVERYTHING needs to be done in an anime style...

T.

It's a crossover, not just anime Dr. Who.

Also, come on TBT, you've got to have been on the net long enough to have seen far stupider things. :D

Best. Crossover. EVER.

T.

It's a crossover, not just anime Dr. Who.

Yep

Also, come on TBT, you've got to have been on the net long enough to have seen far stupider things. :D

Yep. XD

Still not a fan of "Donna" and the last episode just drives it home to me

Donna And Doctor visit Ood homeworld before the episode last season when the Doctor meets the Ood and the Devil.

Last Season The Ood had no memeory of the Doctor where as this week they are DoctorDonna Friend

Edited by MiniFiend UK

• 3 weeks later...

This series continues to impress but why did the

Shield heli-carrier

turn up? OK it might not have been called that but the similarity was amazing. So UNIT supposedly has that type of technology yet they're still driving Land Rovers? Very few Land Rover's will even start up let alone help in the fight against aliens. Keep it simple BBC!

The heli carrier is The Valiant. The Master built it the end of last season using the future tech of the tochlafane when he changed the timelines and became PM or something like that. I would have to go back an rewatch them to be sure. I just think UNIT use it now. I believe UNIT and Torchwood are a bit like The Wombles.

Underground, Overground, Wombling Free,

The Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we.

Making good use of the things that we find,

Things that the everyday folks leave behind.

Just change the word folks to aliens in the last line and thats UNIT and Torchwood :lol:

Yeah as Minifiend said that was the Valiant, made by the Master. There is only one in existance I believe, and it was made from future technology. I was glad to see that it made an appearence in this series.

I really liked the Sonatarian episodes. And I'm really pleased that Martha will be in the next episode too. I can't wait for the next episode.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched tonights episode "The Unicorn & The Wasp" and I will admit I enjoyed Tate in this episode. The scene with the Doctor poisoned in the kitchen doing charades with Donna actually made me laugh out loud. I like the way that the writers are using unsolved mystery's (Christies 10 day disappearance) in story lines.

Just watched tonights episode "The Unicorn & The Wasp" and I will admit I enjoyed Tate in this episode. The scene with the Doctor poisoned in the kitchen doing charades with Donna actually made me laugh out loud. I like the way that the writers are using unsolved mystery's (Christies 10 day disappearance) in story lines.

Excellent episode but yet another completely unnecessary gay sub-plot.

I have to agree on gay sub plot there is no need for it it led nowhere only to say that at that time it wasn't supposed to be mentioned.

I hate to say this but I'm beginning to think that Russel T Davies is using Doctor Who and Torchwood as a way to make gay cool.

Torchwood is supposed to have stronger storylines covering deeper subjects at times so if parents allow their children to watch it just thinking its just a Doctor Who spinoff at a later time they shouldnt be surprised by any questions that may arise.

Doctor Who is supposed to be a much lighter show the kids that watch at its timeslot could be of the age that even the Doctor kissing Donna/Rose/Martha would get a "Eww They're kissing response" I feel sorry for anyone trying to explain to a young kid Doctor and Captain Jack.

Gay sub-plot? Did I miss something?

I've noticed this too, It's all fine and dandy to have gay characters where the character makes sense but it does seem like ( for want of a better phrase) Davis is ramming his sexuality down our throats.

Torchwood was especially bad for this, sure we get that Cpt Jack swings any which way that takes his fancy but did we need to shown it every week? especially when it doesn't further the plot in any way.

BTW The Unicorn and the wasp was great silly Dr Who at it's best ( pointless gay nonsense aside). but Donna/C.Tate still annoys the crap out of me!

T.