UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dr.Who

AdyCarter

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to pronounce it good or bad, as it's not truly my fandom and place to do so. However, I will say that if you've waited 50 years for the Day of the Doctor, as I personally know some of you have, you have my most profound sympathies.

Each to their own Dino .

Ironically (perhaps) I flicked through the Channels on saturday afternoon & tried ....really tried..... to watch 'Return of the Jedi'....I've never ever managed to get past the first few minutes & I couldn't this time ......ain't 'appening for me .....never did & probably never will.

I was "only" waiting 27 years for it I guess, but I loved it. Can't believe how much great stuff they squeezed into one episode, especially all the humour with the Doctors' interaction (and that bit with the rabbit, ha!). I'm bummed to see Smith go, but still really looking forward to the Christmas episode.

The biopic and Five(ish) were great too, and the prequel webisode thing (link if you haven't seen it: http://youtu.be/-U3jrS-uhuo).

Edited by battlecat

50th anniversary week was just excellent. An Adventure in Time and Space left a tear in me eye. The Day of the Doctor had me enthralled from start to finish. John Hurt. Bloody John Hurt... How good was he? The line about pointing screwdrivers at people had me in stitches! :D Great episode. Nice love letter back to the series, and it does change things for the Doctor.

I saw Adventure in Space and Time yesterday and, wow! I've never cried in a movie but the scene with Smith and "Hartnell" made me shed a tear. The actors were excellent and the whole thing felt real. 50th anniversary week was truly special and not just a quick cash grab.

Edited by Kostisfire

50th anniversary week was just excellent. An Adventure in Time and Space left a tear in me eye. The Day of the Doctor had me enthralled from start to finish. John Hurt. Bloody John Hurt... How good was he? The line about pointing screwdrivers at people had me in stitches! biggrin.png Great episode. Nice love letter back to the series, and it does change things for the Doctor.

This made me wish the War Doctor had his own run. I loved Hurt in this role and I think, given sufficient episodes, he could have easily become my favorite incarnation of the Doctor.

Anyone else want to see a movie of a major Time War conflict with Timothy Dalton as the Lord President, Derek Jacobi as the Master and John Hurt as the War Doctor?

So, my daughter received a toy from her grandfather that he found on his bus, turns out it is a sonic screwdriver. When I told my girls what it was, they proceded to hop on Netflix to find out what the show was all about. Needless to say they are hooked, and never having actually watched the show myself, I am now as well. In the last 2 days they have watched all of season 1 and tonight we started on season 2. They weren't quite sure what to make of him regenerating, but they are slowly growing to like the new Dr. tongue.png

50th anniversary week was just excellent. An Adventure in Time and Space left a tear in me eye. The Day of the Doctor had me enthralled from start to finish. John Hurt. Bloody John Hurt... How good was he? The line about pointing screwdrivers at people had me in stitches! biggrin.png Great episode. Nice love letter back to the series, and it does change things for the Doctor.

This made me wish the War Doctor had his own run. I loved Hurt in this role and I think, given sufficient episodes, he could have easily become my favorite incarnation of the Doctor.

Anyone else want to see a movie of a major Time War conflict with Timothy Dalton as the Lord President, Derek Jacobi as the Master and John Hurt as the War Doctor?

I'd love to see that. Same as I'd love to see more of the 8th Doctor. They won't do it, because there's only so much budget for Doctor Who. But I think the introduction of the War Doctor, and the changes to the 8th, should open up a brand new seam to be mined for off-screen stories. Be they books or audio-drama's. Not sure we'll ever see John Hurt back though. ;)

• 3 weeks later...