UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dr.Who

AdyCarter

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like him. He's weird, which makes it more believable that he's 900 years old. You don't want to sleep with him like you did with David Tennant. Sometimes he doesn't feel like "The Doctor" to me though. I guess that's why they keep pushing the past 10 lives in out faces.

Hmmm I like Doctor Who but never wanted to sleep with one of them. Now this companion on the other hand! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leela_%28Doctor_Who%29

I was just being goofy. :P

Just watched some old Sylvester McCoy episodes, and while they don't really hold up that well (they were great when I was 8!), I did think it was brilliant that in one episode he briefly wears a fez while holding a mop...

Really? That's one hell of a continuity nod! :biggrin:

Speaking of McCoy, the 1998 TV movie was on YouTube for a little while. I don't even want to dwell on how they convinced him to

succumb to Death by Asian Gangsters

in that one :ermm:

Speaking of McCoy, the 1998 TV movie was on YouTube for a little while. I don't even want to dwell on how they convinced him to

succumb to Death by Asian Gangsters

in that one :ermm:

I think McCoy was just grateful to be given the chance to pass the baton on. It is one of the lamest scenarios for a regeneration IMO.

I know we MUST have mentioned it at some point, but has anyone seen this guy's amazing Dr Who Anime works lately? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0IQ5fZ2XrQ

Haven't clicked on the link TM2, but is that the one with the 3rd Doctor doing a lot of Venusian Aikido?

If it is, it's ace. If it isn't hunt it down.

• 2 weeks later...

Since at this rate the "wibbly wobbly timey wimey" excuse is sure to be overused to death by now, I like to think of it as a side effect of Pandorica-induced universe resetting. :lol:

I wonder if Moffat ever made an official statement about this specific lapse of continuity?

As a friend of mine put it ......."There are only so many versions of a Christmas Carol that you can stomach each Christmas every Christmas every year on every show on every channel " ......it was hard to argue !

It was very watchable but it wasn't spectacular.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Blinovitch Limitation last seen in rose, A Time traveller cannot touch their earlier/later self

I take it you're referring to Gambon's character then? At what point did he (fnarr) touch himself? :D

Yeah he hugged his younger self on at least one occasion, it wouldnt be such an issue if it was an obscure thing, but seen as it was a plot point in Fathers Day (Rose shouldnt touch/hold Baby Rose) and almost the entire point of a 5th Doctor story (Mawdryn Undead) it just seems like a weird oversight (Heck it was such an issue it was even named on screen in Mawdryn as the Blinovitch Limitation and given a backstory and reference in several other episodes of Old Who).

A minor niggle but enough of one to annoy me!

That said the episode wasnt paticuarly strong on any counts, too many random bits that made no sense and a lot of it seemed like an excercise in making a plot fit some random ideas and casting choices:

Sharks! In Fog!

We have a singer lets make there be a random need to sing!

Frozen people are cool!

Sonic Screwdriver Sonar!

Even a few other thigns seem odd, Amy has a bizzare SOS device for summoning the Doctor, whats wrong with the phone like every other companion/prime minister has?

• 1 month later...
I am up to Season 3 on Doctor Who. Last night we saw Runaway Bride, which I didn't care for, and Smith and Jones, which was excellent. :)

sorry to hear you didnt care for the runaway bride...may not wanna watch season 4 than :P

I am up to Season 3 on Doctor Who. Last night we saw Runaway Bride, which I didn't care for, and Smith and Jones, which was excellent. :)

sorry to hear you didnt care for the runaway bride...may not wanna watch season 4 than :P

I didn't have a problem with Donna - I just didn't care for the story, pacing, and effects in this particular episode. I am sure Donna will grow on me later down the road. :)

I didn't have a problem with Donna - I just didn't care for the story, pacing, and effects in this particular episode. I am sure Donna will grow on me later down the road. :)

ah okay then good, personally if i had to pick id choose donna as my favorite assistant of the doctors, also glad to hear your liking season 3, for the most part its a GREAT season and is really exciting! :lol:

I kind of fell out of love with Dr Who after Rose left.

Initially i was pretty disgusted with the idea of someone like Billy Piper in Dr. Who, but damn it if she didn't grow on me and become possibly my favourite assistant.

I loved Eccleston and was quite a fan of Tennant - but i just didn't really feel like keeping up with the show once

Rose had been sucked into her parallel dimension. That last episode where she drove to the beach to see him almost brought a tear to my eye.

I did watch a few with Martha - she wasn't bad but they just didn't have the same chemistry.

Anyway - here's some fun art for you guys who are clamoring for Who block toys.

post-2737-1298940253_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nessex

• 1 month later...

had just popped in to post this, very sad news. I grew up watching Who from a very young age, and had recently started watching my fave 2005- episodes in anticipation of the new series. Watched 'School Reunion' just yesterday, love seeing her back.

Perhaps you could do a Sarah Jane make at some point, Luke... perhaps even a through the ages!