UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dr.Who

AdyCarter

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you, Battlecat.

I was trying to think back to other times the Doctor has let people die through inaction, or perhaps killed them outright, and he usually makes a "it's up to you" scenario. He gives the opponent a fighting chance to either save themselves or give up, and he didn't seem to do this with Solomon. I know in one of the trailers for the season there was a line by Amy saying something to the effect of: "This is what happens when you travel alone for too long!", so I wonder if that thread of "the Doctor needs a proper companion" is coming back. It will be funny to see him running around with a Dalek. teehee.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently watching seasons 1-6 (for the first time) which reminded me of the canceled mates.What happened?Why does everyone refer to it like it's never,ever gonna happen?I went and read the old thread but it didn't make much sense.Can anyone explain it to me because i wasn't here when it happened?Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I've just finished watching 'An adventure in space & time' on BBC which I noted will be shown on BBC America .This is the story of the actor William Hartnell ,the First Doctor, & how he & the show got going .

I'm not sure if everything I related to (I am old & English) in this drama will 'travel' but I loved it .............unmissable yes.gif

Edited by buttheadsmate

I've just finished watching 'An adventure in space & time' on BBC which I noted will be shown on BBC America .This is the story of the actor William Hartnell ,the First Doctor, & how he & the show got going .

I'm not sure if everything I related to (I am old & English) in this drama will 'travel' but I loved it .............unmissable yes.gif

Beat me to it. I just watched that and thought it was very good. The actor playing the Doctor (the caretaker in the harry potter movies.) was a great choice.

I am going to watch it tomorrow on my day off - I can't wait! Is anyone else going to see the 50th anniversary episode in the theater? There are 4 theaters near me charging $15 a ticket, but there is one that is showing it for free. Guess which one I am going to try to hit.

I am going to watch it tomorrow on my day off - I can't wait! Is anyone else going to see the 50th anniversary episode in the theater? There are 4 theaters near me charging $15 a ticket, but there is one that is showing it for free. Guess which one I am going to try to hit.

I'm heading to a theater, yeah. My ticket was 9.75. It seems every single theater in the country showing it tomorrow is sold out. Glad I managed to get in.

I enjoyed it,it was fun .......trust me it hasn't always been so in all the years I've watched it. Bravo.

Not everybody enjoys Doctor Who http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-25051457 ....

.....it's interesting to see another viewpoint & I have to agree on certain points especially the implication that all SciFi fans enjoy all SciFi .....no.gif

I enjoyed it with a few personal gripes.

I would have preferred more interaction with the classic Doctors and a more actiony story but all in all it was good. Tom Baker was and is the Doctor of my childhood so it was good to have him in it. Peter Davison and Sylvester McCoy can still pass with a little make up as their characters so they could have had a bigger part. As I said these are very small gripes and in the end the good well outweighs the very little bad. After watching most of the main Doctor Who stuff that the BBC have put out this week or so the best bit for me was "An adventure in time and space" docudrama which was excellent.

It sure was, winkerbean - and some of those cameos were indeed amazing. I think my mind was blown.

'The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot' was a great surprise after seeing the 50th at the cinema the night before. It's been a rather good week for the old Who.

Doctor Who is very important to me and plays a large part in my life, this special did not disappoint.

I was ecstatic to find out my cinema was showing it and it was an all round excellent experience.

I'm quite proud to say that this was my first time doing cosplay and I had many kind comments on my outfit as well as chatting with a couple other people dressed up.

The thing that made this experience extra special for me was an autistic child in the audience whose mother thanked the people who were 'in fancy dress' as it made him very happy.

Sorry for the long post but this was probably one of the best experiences of my life and is certainly a day I won't forget